Realistic and beneficial roster move

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
the patriots love slot receivers. Thry just lost amendola. Beasley’s one of the top 3, plus he’s young. See if the patriots would give up a 2 Nd or 3rd for Beasley. We have a cheaper faster replacement. We’d fill a need for cheap.
What do you all think?

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
He’s a younger wes welker. He fills a need. He allows us to play our 2 2 year receivers more: plus it gives us more ammo to move up I. The draft. We’d also save money. As a fall back, we could justify resigning butler.

OldCoach

Reaction score
I'm sure the patriots believe they can find a Beasley type player in the second or third.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I'm sure the patriots believe they can find a Beasley type player in the second or third.
If that’s the case, why not trade for one who’s ready to produce now. Brady will be 41. He doesn’t have time to watch a guy develope.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
the patriots love slot receivers. Thry just lost amendola. Beasley’s one of the top 3, plus he’s young. See if the patriots would give up a 2 Nd or 3rd for Beasley. We have a cheaper faster replacement. We’d fill a need for cheap.
What do you all think?

They are not giving up a 2nd or 3rd, try 6th.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
He’s a younger wes welker. He fills a need. He allows us to play our 2 2 year receivers more: plus it gives us more ammo to move up I. The draft. We’d also save money. As a fall back, we could justify resigning butler.
He's not that young he will be 29 in a month

jrumann59

Reaction score
remember they fleeced Miami for Welker. Miami thought they had fleeced NE until Welker was destroying secondaries. Making 112 Catches his 1st year in NE.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
remember they fleeced Miami for Welker. Miami thought they had fleeced NE until Welker was destroying secondaries. Making 112 Catches his 1st year in NE.
NE got Wes Welker when he was 26 years old from Miami, they wouldn't give up much to get a soon to be ( 1 month) 29 year old in Beasley, who by the way is no Wes Welker

jrumann59

Reaction score
NE got Wes Welker when he was 26 years old from Miami, they wouldn't give up much to get a soon to be ( 1 month) 29 year old in Beasley, who by the way is no Wes Welker
My comment had nothing to do with Beasley, it had to do with how Miami thought they got one over on the NE until the guy they traded which had 65 catches in Miami goes for 112 in NE.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What would beasly command in free agency next year? Teams are way overpaying for guys going into year 5 of their careers. If we let him walk we could get a 3rd round comp pick. So trading him starts there.

jrumann59

Reaction score
What would beasly command in free agency next year? Teams are way overpaying for guys going into year 5 of their careers. If we let him walk we could get a 3rd round comp pick. So trading him starts there.
To tell you the truth, he is not Welker type slot guy from production point of view. Beasley will never be #1 option he needs a good outside receiver and TE to be effective.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To tell you the truth, he is not Welker type slot guy from production point of view. Beasley will never be #1 option he needs a good outside receiver and TE to be effective.

Or a qb who can complete passes to wr in route.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I agree with your line of thought. I would certainly be shopping him (assuming there isn't a snag with Switzer that we don't know about) to get some return on investment. In a more diverse offense with vet QB, i could easily see the Bease putting up 75 catches and close to 1000 yards.

What he would fetch, I really don't know.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I agree with your line of thought. I would certainly be shopping him (assuming there isn't a snag with Switzer that we don't know about) to get some return on investment. In a more diverse offense with vet QB, i could easily see the Bease putting up 75 catches and close to 1000 yards.

What he would fetch, I really don't know.
considering based on his stats he is a small possession receiver never cracked 1000 yards, up to 2016 he never got over 600. throw in he is short, not fast, and not much of TD threat. If someone offered a 4th you take it and run.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
considering based on his stats he is a small possession receiver never cracked 1000 yards, up to 2016 he never got over 600. throw in he is short, not fast, and not much of TD threat. If someone offered a 4th you take it and run.

But there are 4 receivers who have less than 3k yards in 4 years who just got paid good money. Our receivers are, atlesst they have been better than their 2017 stats.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you all think?
Jerry trading with the Patriots is a bad idea...