Realistic and beneficial roster move

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the patriots love slot receivers. Thry just lost amendola. Beasley’s one of the top 3, plus he’s young. See if the patriots would give up a 2 Nd or 3rd for Beasley. We have a cheaper faster replacement. We’d fill a need for cheap.
What do you all think?
Do we really know if Ryan Switzer is a true NFL starting receiver? I was completely underwhelmed with him last year.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Just for reference, I copied Wikipedia for the Welker trade below:

On March 1, 2007, the Dolphins offered Welker, a restricted free agent, a second-round tender of $1.35 million for a one-year contract. News reports indicated the New England Patriots, who were interested in Welker, had originally considered signing him to an offer sheet (Miami would have had seven days to match the offer); according to The Boston Globe, that sheet would have contained a poison pill provision that would have made the offer difficult for the Dolphins to match.[25] Ultimately, however, the Patriots decided not to use such an offer and traded their 2007 second-round draft pick and a seventh-round draft pick to the Dolphins for Welker.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Just for reference, I copied Wikipedia for the Welker trade below:

On March 1, 2007, the Dolphins offered Welker, a restricted free agent, a second-round tender of $1.35 million for a one-year contract. News reports indicated the New England Patriots, who were interested in Welker, had originally considered signing him to an offer sheet (Miami would have had seven days to match the offer); according to The Boston Globe, that sheet would have contained a poison pill provision that would have made the offer difficult for the Dolphins to match.[25] Ultimately, however, the Patriots decided not to use such an offer and traded their 2007 second-round draft pick and a seventh-round draft pick to the Dolphins for Welker.
Beasley’s probably more accomplished now then welled was.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Beasley’s probably more accomplished now then welled was.

Welker had just come off a year where Miami saw fit to give him a 2nd round tender. He gave NE fits that year and Bill the Genius had to have him.

2006 Miami Dolphins 16 2 67 687 10.3 38 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 1

I don't think Beasley is worth a 2nd round tender, but I do understand the comparison in skill set.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score

jay94

Reaction score
Most players value hold lesser than their draft stock, this is where the Cowboys need to get much better at, going after positions of need and getting steals in terms of draft picks like 4th or later rounds.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Most players value hold lesser than their draft stock, this is where the Cowboys need to get much better at, going after positions of need and getting steals in terms of draft picks like 4th or later rounds.
They got the steal of all steals with Dak. They had a all-time steal with Witten in the 3rd. They had a steal with Scandrick in the 5th as well as Ratliff.

jay94

Reaction score
Yes you are right at those draft slots, and then you can turn your attention to the second round and we have to be one of the worst drafting teams. We have what two starters last 7 years and possibly a third for a player going to his third year, which has always been extreme hope, in a draft that was deeper than the last 5-10 years. We do some things right, we do somethings wrong, and what you have at the end of it is the endless streak of mediocrity.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Yes you are right at those draft slots, and then you can turn your attention to the second round and we have to be one of the worst drafting teams. We have what two starters last 7 years and possibly a third for a player going to his third year, which has always been extreme hope, in a draft that was deeper than the last 5-10 years. We do some things right, we do somethings wrong, and what you have at the end of it is the endless streak of mediocrity.
That’s why I’d trade back into the first.
The reason our second picks suck is because we wasted 2 on tight ends and a few on injured players.

jay94

Reaction score
They got the steal of all steals with Dak. They had a all-time steal with Witten in the 3rd. They had a steal with Scandrick in the 5th as well as Ratliff.

I didn't word this well looking back, I mean trading late picks for above average players.