Really tough way to lose

DStar22

Reaction score
if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot every game, those bad calls wouldn't always have so much effect on the outcome of our games.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It’s really hard watching the refs routinely take the game out of the players hands.

The loss doesn’t hurt us much in the East race, but I’d at least like to have seen us get a real shot.

Yep, brutal

snadler

Reaction score
In all the years the Loser has coached, we lose this game, whether it be from his never coach to win mentality or the dumbness of the play calling..always find ways to lose

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
That was the right decision. They had plenty of time even though the defense allowed the Patriots to get a couple of first downs. The real problem was the tripping call on a 3rd and 1. Maybe it was technically tripping, but it was really ticky-tack and at that time in the game you just cannot call that. If that play stands the Cowboys are at the 40 yard line with 1:40 to play. They were moving the ball at that point with Gallup and Cobb. They had 3 time outs still and they could have run it once or twice too, if they got the right alignment.

The refs need to control themselves in games like this at the end.

The defense is playing well enough that you don't worry about them getting the ball back that deep. Your only going to get within 4 so you still need a touchdown. I'd rather take my chances on two 4th downs rather than one. But what do I know.

BigD5

Reaction score
It’s really hard watching the refs routinely take the game out of the players hands.

The loss doesn’t hurt us much in the East race, but I’d at least like to have seen us get a real shot.
Yea I agree. Tough loss to swallow. I really believe Dak was gonna lead us down for a td to win the game there too

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That was the right decision. They had plenty of time even though the defense allowed the Patriots to get a couple of first downs. The real problem was the tripping call on a 3rd and 1. Maybe it was technically tripping, but it was really ticky-tack and at that time in the game you just cannot call that. If that play stands the Cowboys are at the 40 yard line with 1:40 to play. They were moving the ball at that point with Gallup and Cobb. They had 3 time outs still and they could have run it once or twice too, if they got the right alignment.

The refs need to control themselves in games like this at the end.

And I still argue that wasn't a trip, and definitely not the Tyron play. I thought that was awful. Plus, on the Pats TD, I thought I saw a trip on the LT that was far more egregious than what Tyron did.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I struggle to take away those positives, in all honesty.

The defense gave a nice effort, yes, but the offense and special teams looked like they game planned for an indoor game against Miami. Had no situational awareness, looked completely caught off guard by the weather, and appeared mentally weak as a result. The amount of drops, muffs and fumbles was comical.

That's really what killed us, which is coaching errors. Our special teams were pathetic against a team whose specialty is ST. Even when Dak threw good balls, we were dropping them. Witten had at least 3 good balls bounce off his hands, for example. The miss by Coop was not a great ball, but very catchable.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
very typical of JG era. always so close yet short of the goal. it’s happened over and over. i’m tired of this crap.

I'd like for us to win those too finally. I'm afraid we'll need a new HC for that to happen.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
the cowboys made to many mistakes in this game which is what they always do against the better teams they never get a turnover on defense this team will be lucky to make the playoffs ihope the don't so garrett is fired more than any thing now I want garrett gone where ever he wants to go

An example of this was the play that should've really been an INT. Brady doesn't make many mistakes, so, when he does, you MUST convert and INT. I think, as good as our defence played, I am of the mind that a CB that is good at INTs is in order for a high draft pick. That was a momentum changed it we get that INT, and that drop contributed to the loss. But the D played great.

Creeper

Reaction score
And I still argue that wasn't a trip, and definitely not the Tyron play. I thought that was awful. Plus, on the Pats TD, I thought I saw a trip on the LT that was far more egregious than what Tyron did.

I agree. That type of blocking happens all the time and is never called. Usually they only call tripping if the blocker intentionally stick his leg all the way out into the lower leg of the defender and literally trips the guy. It was very unusual to see both of those plays called. That's why I think someone tipped off the refs to look for that before the game. Tripping calls are very rare.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For starters, loved the effort.
But....in all the games I've participated in and the hundreds I've watched
I HAVE NEVER SEEN COACHES NOT ADJUST THE DEPTH OF THE PUNT RETURNER.
IF THE ST COACH MISSES IT, THE HC STARTS YELLING. But somebody makes the adjustment.

Not us.
2 COACHES SHOULD BE GONE TODAY.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot every game, those bad calls wouldn't always have so much effect on the outcome of our games.
That’s true. And we have the possibility of being able to correct those errors. Theoretically.

The calls, however, are out of are control and we have no way to correct them or work around then. They can and did affect our ability to continue the drive and possibly score.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
For starters, loved the effort.
But....in all the games I've participated in and the hundreds I've watched
I HAVE NEVER SEEN COACHES NOT ADJUST THE DEPTH OF THE PUNT RETURNER.
IF THE ST COACH MISSES IT, THE HC STARTS YELLING. But somebody makes the adjustment.

Not us.
2 COACHES SHOULD BE GONE TODAY.
Or the kick returner. That really is hard to believe that they are that unprepared.

And what was that sequence when NE was trying to block another punt? We just froze then screwed up two more times??

What happens there exactly?

AlienBoy

Reaction score
I agree. That type of blocking happens all the time and is never called. Usually they only call tripping if the blocker intentionally stick his leg all the way out into the lower leg of the defender and literally trips the guy. It was very unusual to see both of those plays called. That's why I think someone tipped off the refs to look for that before the game. Tripping calls are very rare.
Just heard on the radio that Belichick brought that to the attention of the refs before the game. Small coaching intangibles that make a large difference in the game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

John Perry on ESPN this morning said the were both rubbish.