Reason why Rams let SP coach Bone Fassel go

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm happy to have an aggressive ST coach. Our special teams have been rock bottom before, so we can't get any worse. Also, we all complained about Garrett's conservative BS; now we have a reason to be excited again. Nobody knows what's going to happen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
it's been suggested per local talk radio that the reason why Rams let special teams coach John 'Bone" Fassel go and not resigned him was his penchant to challenge opposing special teams unit.

And i thought Rams were crazy for letting a creative special teams guy like Fassel go once his contract was expired.

Maybe HC Sean McVey thought he was too gamble risky, took too many chances in trick plays and going for it...

Interesting. i'm keeping a close eye on this one..

No special teams coach is running fakes unless the HC is aware of it before it is called. These coordinators are not just doing as they please without HC knowledge.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I was more disturbed by the play call than the actual fake. If that's what they were going to run and at that time they should've left the offense out there.
the only guess I can make is the ATL ST were expecting a fake to a pass and they over thought it and decided lets do a run????

JayFord

Reaction score
Through two games the special teams is much better

yes the gambles were annoying to me but theyre trying to win and keep the defense off the field

gambles work and sometimes you go broke

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it's possible that the players botched that as well.

My guess is that it's a call of "if you have the numbers, run the fake," espevcially in a situation like that.
I can get with that but 4th and 5 to run that? I can understand if it was 4th and 2.......