Reasonable Mock

Reaction score
Round 1.
Earl Thomas FS
We need this pick has cornerback speed (4.45) and can be the ball-hawk we need. If we get this pick we can trade Ken Hamlin for a 5th.(Value)
other options, trade down, Nate Allen(maybe doubt it), Maurkice Pouncey

Round 2. After picking Thomas, we need a near future impact player.
Brandon Spikes ILB
unless he performs amazing at Pro Day and the Combine this can be a steal. Big, Tenacious, and a Football Player. Brooking can mentor him. (skills and eye gourge) Will probably have to trade up for this. next years pick
other options, Arthur Jones

Running backs, Barber vs. Choice
Choice wins this is the right choice.lol. trade barber for a 4th.

Round 3.

Javier Arenas CB
quick feet great against slot. Special Teamer too.
(Jacoby Ford, Danario Alexander, Carlton Mitchell)

Round 4.
a. Jason Veldheer OT
MONSTER at 6'8 325 great size against speed rushers and big DE's
(Mitch Petrus and Ciron Black)

b.Vince Oghobaase DT
can give Rat rests and will be a great addition on passing downs.
(Jacoby Ford,Dezmon Briscoe, Garret Graham)

Round 5.
a.Chris Cook CB
adds depth to the position. Can switch with Vince.
( Myron Rolle)

Trade Sam Hurd for 6th rounder because of special teams value.

Round 6.
a. David Gettis WR
Fast Strong. Messed up Brandon Ghee. Replica of Miles Austin.
Pet cat. 6'3 about 215.

b. Eric Cook C/OG
Strong and Mean takes it personal, great technique.

Round 7.
Best Kicker available

Get potential and future starters in every need.:bow: :bow:

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3276236 said:
I thought you said reasonable.

Those trades will never happen. Never.

Possible, look at it this way some team is bound for a starting running back so Barber is reasonable, and if we get Thomas i think i dont really care that much, we can get rid of hamlin if he is an upgrade

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I have heard great, great things about Myron Rolle's Senior Bowl showing. Apparently he looks to be in better shape than he was when he left to go to Oxford, more fluid, and is looking to have a very, very high ceiling.

I would rather have Myron Rolle than Earl Thomas. There hasn't been a decent player out of Texas since Ricky Williams, and we all know how that story went.

eightysiX

Reaction score
I dont think anyone will trade for barber just because of the money. Why would they when they can just draft someone for a 10th of the price.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone thinks we are going to be adding alot of players from this draft

we added 11 last year

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TrueBeliever007;3276233 said:
Round 1.
Earl Thomas FS
We need this pick has cornerback speed (4.45) and can be the ball-hawk we need. If we get this pick we can trade Ken Hamlin for a 5th.(Value)
other options, trade down, Nate Allen(maybe doubt it), Maurkice Pouncey

Round 2. After picking Thomas, we need a near future impact player.
Brandon Spikes ILB
unless he performs amazing at Pro Day and the Combine this can be a steal. Big, Tenacious, and a Football Player. Brooking can mentor him. (skills and eye gourge) Will probably have to trade up for this. next years pick
other options, Arthur Jones

Running backs, Barber vs. Choice
Choice wins this is the right choice.lol. trade barber for a 4th.

Round 3.

Javier Arenas CB
quick feet great against slot. Special Teamer too.
(Jacoby Ford, Danario Alexander, Carlton Mitchell)

Round 4.
a. Jason Veldheer OT
MONSTER at 6'8 325 great size against speed rushers and big DE's
(Mitch Petrus and Ciron Black)

b.Vince Oghobaase DT
can give Rat rests and will be a great addition on passing downs.
(Jacoby Ford,Dezmon Briscoe, Garret Graham)

Round 5.
a.Chris Cook CB
adds depth to the position. Can switch with Vince.
( Myron Rolle)

Trade Sam Hurd for 6th rounder because of special teams value.

Round 6.
a. David Gettis WR
Fast Strong. Messed up Brandon Ghee. Replica of Miles Austin.
Pet cat. 6'3 about 215.

b. Eric Cook C/OG
Strong and Mean takes it personal, great technique.

Round 7.
Best Kicker available

Get potential and future starters in every need.:bow: :bow:

TB, I have problems with the basic philosophy behind this draft, in that you emphasize defense yet again in favor of the offense... this year, it's our offense we need to upgrade, especially early...

It's not that I don't like the players you mention, mind you... five of your first six picks are defensive players, and our defense doesn't need that much help... grab Thomas in the first, free safety is a big need... then go offense until you get down to the Chris Cook pick at 5, a pick I like...

rkell87

Reaction score
casmith07;3276257 said:
I have heard great, great things about Myron Rolle's Senior Bowl showing. Apparently he looks to be in better shape than he was when he left to go to Oxford, more fluid, and is looking to have a very, very high ceiling.

I would rather have Myron Rolle than Earl Thomas. There hasn't been a decent player out of Texas since Ricky Williams, and we all know how that story went.

nathen vasher, quentin jammer,michael griffin,bo scaife,roy miller,brian orakpo,derrick johnson,leonard davis,cedric benson.

thats just off the top of my head

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
casmith07;3276257 said:

So by that logic, we should never draft any players from Texas?! Lol, I love silly statements like this.....makes me smile. :)

Bigg Davis? Nathan Vasher? Cedric Griffin? Michael Griffin? Jamaar Charles? Jermichael Finley? Brian Okakpo?....just to name a few decent players.....and I think that Ricky fellow had a pretty decent year for the Dolphins.....

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
You do realize your mock draft is pretty much identical to most of the other mocks posted. Everyone has us picking the same players.

I've seen Spikes/Thomas, Eric Cook,Javier Arenas, and chris Cook in pretty much every mock.

The only guy you forgot to add is that CB with the crazy long name.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
I really doubt Spikes is going to fall that late into the 2nd. I know Cleveland loves him and they pick at the top of the 2nd.

silverbear

Reaction score
rkell87;3276330 said:
nathen vasher, quentin jammer,michael griffin,bo scaife,roy miller,brian orakpo,derrick johnson,leonard davis,cedric benson.

thats just off the top of my head

Take a look at Jamaal Charles' numbers for the Chiefs last season, too...

rkell87

Reaction score
silverbear;3277040 said:
Take a look at Jamaal Charles' numbers for the Chiefs last season, too...

well i couldnt name them all lol, i also left out vince young:eek:

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3276275 said:
I don't know why everyone thinks we are going to be adding alot of players from this draft

we added 11 last year

I know Bob but im being realistic here i would want to trade up and get top guys like McClain and Berry but JJ wont do it

Reaction score
NeonDeion21;3276576 said:
I really doubt Spikes is going to fall that late into the 2nd. I know Cleveland loves him and they pick at the top of the 2nd.

That why i said trade a pick or two from next years draft

Reaction score
silverbear;3276285 said:
TB, I have problems with the basic philosophy behind this draft, in that you emphasize defense yet again in favor of the offense... this year, it's our offense we need to upgrade, especially early...

It's not that I don't like the players you mention, mind you... five of your first six picks are defensive players, and our defense doesn't need that much help... grab Thomas in the first, free safety is a big need... then go offense until you get down to the Chris Cook pick at 5, a pick I like...

Who do you have in mind. I like Gettis though because he can be a KR/PR too.

silverbear

Reaction score
rkell87;3277043 said:
well i couldnt name them all lol, i also left out vince young:eek:

And Michael Huff, IIRC... I just mentioned Charles because I was quite pleased with the way he came on after the Chiefs sent Larry Johnson packing... I thought he'd be a good one in the NFL, I thought his speed to the outside would be effective at the next level... so I enjoyed him proving me right...

silverbear

Reaction score
TrueBeliever007;3277218 said:
Who do you have in mind. I like Gettis though because he can be a KR/PR too.

A fair question... in the first, unless Earl Thomas were to fall to 27 (because I think he'll eventually be a Pro Bowler at FS, and the Boys have a strong need there), I'd go best offensive lineman available... Mike Iupati would be my dream, Anthony Davis would be another nice consolation prize... I figure the odds are long that one of the three will fall that far, and if not, perhaps Trent Williams...

In the second round, if the Boys went with Thomas in the first, I'd definitely target an offensive lineman-- Vladimir Ducasse, Jason Fox, Bruce Campbell, Bryan Bulaga, Maurkice Pouncey, Roger Saffold would be on my short list... for that matter, even if the Boys went with an OL in the first, I'd think about another in the second-- if they went guard with Iupati, then look at the tackles; if they took a tackle, then Pouncey would be a nice call...

The third round would be my wild card round-- I could see the Boys going after Garrett Graham, with an eye toward making him a fullback... if Jordan Shipley was still on the board, even though the Boys don't have a strong need at WR, I'd take him (he could help the kick return game too)... or speedy Jacoby Ford...

If the Boys went OL with their first 2 picks, I might use the 3rd round pick for a DB-- Larry Asante or Chris Cook would look good there... of if they only picked one OL in the first two rounds, I might even go back to the OL here-- OG Mitch Petrus, OT Kyle Calloway, C JD Walton or even OT Jared Veldheer (who currently carries a 4th round grade, but I have a hunch he'll continue rising the charts in the coming weeks)... one final option would be DE Alex Carrington, who looks like a prototypical 3-4 DE to me...

Now, to the 4th round... at this point, I'm in pure BPA mode, and keeping in mind that the Boys have no 5th round pick at this point, so I'm factoring some players who carry a 5th round grade that I like... in no particular order, we're talking FB Rashawn Jackson from Virginia, C/OG Eric Olson from Notre Dame, OG Marshall Newhouse from TCU (a particular favorite of mine in this range)... but really, I think I'd go defense here, since I've been emphasizing offense to this point... obviously, if Carrington fell this far (I can't get a real feel for where he's projecting at this point, I've seen widely diverging projections), I'd snap him up here... or maybe DT Lamarr Houston from Texas, though honestly, I see him as more of a 4-3 DT... or I'd go back to the DBs, with the likes of Akwasi Owusu-Ansah from Indiana (Pa.), or Robert Johnson of Utah...

But I'm being a bit wishy-washy here, so rather than list a slew of 5th or 6th round picks, I'll got out on a limb with an early mock... I'll be projecting no trades here, just playing it straight, and I'll try not to be too overly optimistic with my projections... IOW, I'll try to stick with players who I think have a realistic shot of still being on the board when the Boys pick... :

1) Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers...

2) Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG, Florida... the Boys already took a tackle, now they look for help on the interior of the OL...

3) Garrett Graham, FB/TE, Wisconsin... a tough call here, I'd really like to see them grab a Chris Cook or an Alex Carrington, but I think they're looking for a replacement for Deon Anderson... I think Graham would make a hell of a pass-catching option coming out of the backfield...

4) Robert Johnson, FS, Utah... much as I like Newhouse, I'll probably grab another offensive lineman in the 6th, so it's time to address the free safety position... I could also live with Okwusi-Ansah here, even though he's listed as a cornerback, he has the measurables to project to FS...

6) Chris Scott, OT/OG Tennessee... I chose him over Will Barker from Virginia, Casey Knips from South Dakota State and Erik Cook from New Mexico... if the Boys don't grab Pouncey in the second, though, I'd change this pick to Cook...

7) Hunter Lawrence, K, Texas... the most accurate field goal kicker in this draft...

With this draft, you've added three offensive linemen to address the depth issue on that unit, a free safety who could help you quickly, a nice pass-catching fullback and a solid kicker to compete for the starting job... the only need you really haven't addressed, the only flaw in this draft (IMO, of course), is help at kick returner...

BTW, I like Gettis, too...

Reaction score
silverbear;3279876 said:
A fair question... in the first, unless Earl Thomas were to fall to 27 (because I think he'll eventually be a Pro Bowler at FS, and the Boys have a strong need there), I'd go best offensive lineman available... Mike Iupati would be my dream, Anthony Davis would be another nice consolation prize... I figure the odds are long that one of the three will fall that far, and if not, perhaps Trent Williams...

In the second round, if the Boys went with Thomas in the first, I'd definitely target an offensive lineman-- Vladimir Ducasse, Jason Fox, Bruce Campbell, Bryan Bulaga, Maurkice Pouncey, Roger Saffold would be on my short list... for that matter, even if the Boys went with an OL in the first, I'd think about another in the second-- if they went guard with Iupati, then look at the tackles; if they took a tackle, then Pouncey would be a nice call...

The third round would be my wild card round-- I could see the Boys going after Garrett Graham, with an eye toward making him a fullback... if Jordan Shipley was still on the board, even though the Boys don't have a strong need at WR, I'd take him (he could help the kick return game too)... or speedy Jacoby Ford...

If the Boys went OL with their first 2 picks, I might use the 3rd round pick for a DB-- Larry Asante or Chris Cook would look good there... of if they only picked one OL in the first two rounds, I might even go back to the OL here-- OG Mitch Petrus, OT Kyle Calloway, C JD Walton or even OT Jared Veldheer (who currently carries a 4th round grade, but I have a hunch he'll continue rising the charts in the coming weeks)... one final option would be DE Alex Carrington, who looks like a prototypical 3-4 DE to me...

Now, to the 4th round... at this point, I'm in pure BPA mode, and keeping in mind that the Boys have no 5th round pick at this point, so I'm factoring some players who carry a 5th round grade that I like... in no particular order, we're talking FB Rashawn Jackson from Virginia, C/OG Eric Olson from Notre Dame, OG Marshall Newhouse from TCU (a particular favorite of mine in this range)... but really, I think I'd go defense here, since I've been emphasizing offense to this point... obviously, if Carrington fell this far (I can't get a real feel for where he's projecting at this point, I've seen widely diverging projections), I'd snap him up here... or maybe DT Lamarr Houston from Texas, though honestly, I see him as more of a 4-3 DT... or I'd go back to the DBs, with the likes of Akwasi Owusu-Ansah from Indiana (Pa.), or Robert Johnson of Utah...

But I'm being a bit wishy-washy here, so rather than list a slew of 5th or 6th round picks, I'll got out on a limb with an early mock... I'll be projecting no trades here, just playing it straight, and I'll try not to be too overly optimistic with my projections... IOW, I'll try to stick with players who I think have a realistic shot of still being on the board when the Boys pick... :

1) Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers...

2) Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG, Florida... the Boys already took a tackle, now they look for help on the interior of the OL...

3) Garrett Graham, FB/TE, Wisconsin... a tough call here, I'd really like to see them grab a Chris Cook or an Alex Carrington, but I think they're looking for a replacement for Deon Anderson... I think Graham would make a hell of a pass-catching option coming out of the backfield...

4) Robert Johnson, FS, Utah... much as I like Newhouse, I'll probably grab another offensive lineman in the 6th, so it's time to address the free safety position... I could also live with Okwusi-Ansah here, even though he's listed as a cornerback, he has the measurables to project to FS...

6) Chris Scott, OT/OG Tennessee... I chose him over Will Barker from Virginia, Casey Knips from South Dakota State and Erik Cook from New Mexico... if the Boys don't grab Pouncey in the second, though, I'd change this pick to Cook...

7) Hunter Lawrence, K, Texas... the most accurate field goal kicker in this draft...

With this draft, you've added three offensive linemen to address the depth issue on that unit, a free safety who could help you quickly, a nice pass-catching fullback and a solid kicker to compete for the starting job... the only need you really haven't addressed, the only flaw in this draft (IMO, of course), is help at kick returner...

BTW, I like Gettis, too...

I think we should either go with Leigh as kicker or resign Folk. I like Myron Rolle too. I think Mike Hamlin could possibly fill in that need if we don't get Earl. Do u think Davis will fall that far.

rkell87

Reaction score
silverbear;3279871 said:
And Michael Huff, IIRC... I just mentioned Charles because I was quite pleased with the way he came on after the Chiefs sent Larry Johnson packing... I thought he'd be a good one in the NFL, I thought his speed to the outside would be effective at the next level... so I enjoyed him proving me right...

yeah i thought he would be a great change of pace back but it was nice to see him come on in a lead role. i left huff off cause he hasnt done too well in oakland but then again who has?