"Reasons" for optimism

Romonater

Reaction score
Post some good things that are happening to this team. I know there's a lot of gloom and doom going on here, but I thought many of us needed something like this to raise our spirits

1. The defensive side of the ball looks like it will be a force to be reckoned with next year, assuming they bring back all the major components back with Lawrence and hitch. Additionally, the emergence of Jaylon Smith will dramatically improve our defense night and day.

2. Dallas DID win the last 4 of the last 5 games(meaningless or not)). Could this be a good trend for next year?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Post some good things that are happening to this team. I know there's a lot of gloom and doom going on here, but I thought many of us needed something like this to raise our spirits

1. The defensive side of the ball looks like it will be a force to be reckoned with next year, assuming they bring back all the major components back with Lawrence and hitch. Additionally, the emergence of Jaylon Smith will dramatically improve our defense night and day.

2. Dallas DID win the last 4 of the last 5 games(meaningless or not)). Could this be a good trend for next year?
God bless you for trying, but trying to peddle optimism right now is akin to trying to sell tank tops and shorts dead in the middle of a cold, hard winter...

perrykemp

Reaction score

The defense looks much improved. The one thing I REALLY worry about is that when Sean Lee was out the defense fell back to being below average.

Sean Lee will be 32 next season. He missed 5 games this season. What can we expect from him next year?

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Cowboys just finished a non-playoff season. If the trend continues, that should mean Robotron 2000 will be on the hot seat next season and the cowboys will make the post season. Robotron 2000 is consistent at being inconsistent.

Sydla

Reaction score
CB might be a strength going forward. I think we'd be set if they moved Jones from S to CB, giving us three solid CBs in Lewis, Awuzie and Jones. Brown as a 4th CB is ideal.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
The defense looks much improved. The one thing I REALLY worry about is that when Sean Lee was out the defense fell back to being below average.

Sean Lee will be 32 next season. He missed 5 games this season. What can we expect from him next year?
There was, indeed, a stark difference in the defense with/without Lee. He was the epitome of a "difference maker". If he could just stay on the field...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ok you want realistic optimism, that is actually within grasp?

You want a top 5 Defense, this is obtainable short term.

Draft or sign a "true" 1 tech. They occasionally get drafted high, but there are 3 really good ones in this upcoming draft.. or POE in FA.

Just get it done already, tired of trying to find a cheap 1 tech that never achieves the minimal standard of what comes with the job title.

Top LB
Top S

That's a couple of high draft picks, and or spending up in FA..

A great Defense serves a huge role in righting the ship.

superonyx

Reaction score
optimism-demotivational-poster-1218321489.jpeg

Kaiser

Reaction score
God bless you for trying, but trying to peddle optimism right now is akin to trying to sell tank tops and shorts dead in the middle of a cold, hard winter...

There are reasons to be optimisic. We have four Pro Bowl players on offense that are probably the best at their positions. One is the best RB in football.

We have a top ten defense that is young and has plenty of young players who will likely improve.

We have a bunch of draft picks and the most salary cap room we have ever had in one offseason.

Plenty of teams would love to trade places with us.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

I'm struggling to find anything man. Being honest.

Romonater

Reaction score
I'll add another:

If Dez somehow takes a paycut, it gives us room to add another WR to the depth chart. I think Dez could be a very, very good number 2 option.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Reasons for optimism...

Well I still enjoy seeing those silver helmets with the blue star, and sometimes they show highlights of the 70's and 90's

and umm yeah that's about it.

Aven8

Reaction score
There are reasons to be optimisic. We have four Pro Bowl players on offense that are probably the best at their positions. One is the best RB in football.

We have a top ten defense that is young and has plenty of young players who will likely improve.

We have a bunch of draft picks and the most salary cap room we have ever had in one offseason.

Plenty of teams would love to trade places with us.

I agree with all of that. But we also have the same staff that has never won anything. That's the issue here. If they had gotten us to the NFC title game, or something maybe we could cut them some slack.