"Reasons" for optimism

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the expectations for the defense are low and some of us are just projecting that they could be a pretty good unit.

We have a pass rush and our secondary has some legit talent.

If we add a linebacker and a run stuffer in the middle then we might be pretty solid.

Just like our offense though we need to be more dynamic on that side of the ball and not just line up and try to win the 1 on 1.

The strength of our defense is Sean Lee. And he is fading. Not going to get too many good years out of him left.

What legit secondary talent do we have? The 3 rookies? They havent shown enough to say any of them can be stars or pro bowl type players. They just seem to have some talent. Not hard to do with the scrubs we have back there.

Heath is garbage and Jones is now a bonafide bust. We have NO safeties. We be lucky if ONE guy between our three rookies turns out to be legit.

Jaylon hasnt shown he can take the mantle yet. I like 3 guys on the DL. But we have little depth and we need another star.

By my count we have 4 keepers on the defense that we know of for sure. And one of those is an aging Lee.

Lets say we pluck two more out of the three rookies in the secondary and Jaylon Brown. That would be 6 total guys on the defense worth anything.

We need a stud in FA and a stud first round pick all on the defense. Add another good FA and another good player with the 2nd pick. Add another haul a year later and you have the possibility of a top notch defense. Solid wont cut it if your looking to win a championship.

But some around here seem happy just to make the playoffs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You seem to be struggling with the nature of this thread, Roy.

What I consistently struggle with is the nature of your analysis. Am I reading what you said wrong when you added that the continuity in this coaching staff is a strength of the team?

Meanwhile the entire fan base and even local media have been calling for the firing of Garrett and his retinue. Dont ever tell us again that the media doesnt hammer Garrett. They do it constantly.