Rebuild that Offensive Line!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Biggest OL need was center....and it still is but at least they drafted a tackle who can't pass protect.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think the o line needs work but 3 straight picks without addressing the defense feels like we are gonna field that same defense that got annihilated against GB and hope for a better result
This is what happens when you only want to build thru the draft....you just don't have enough picks to do all this at once. Jerry should have been more active in getting some DT and LB help in FA... .Since they already used their first on a LT and may go with RB in 2nd and C in 3rd....that could be what they are thinking. Yeah, the defense needs more help but that's the situation they are now in. Stubborn and don't know how to work the cap.

plymkr

Reaction score
They will do the exact opposite of what we want...but yes I'd love to see trenches
Me too. I know we spend a ton of time discussing QBs and WRs on this forum but games are won and lost in the trenches. I’d be very happy to fortify the trenches on both sides of the ball. I don’t care if you’re Dak, Aikman, CD, Irvin or Quincy Carter and Antonio Bryant. The stronger the trenches the better chance of winning.

Let’s fortify the trenches to set up the skill players for success and hopefully the results on the field will end pointless debates.

Me personally I’m happy with Day 1 of the draft. Got a trenches guy and a 3rd pick. Good night for us IMO.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think the o line needs work but 3 straight picks without addressing the defense feels like we are gonna field that same defense that got annihilated against GB and hope for a better result
They have to be able to see this. Bills, 49ers, the freaking Cardinals, and the playoff game against the Packers exposed our weak middle. I sure hope they don't draft one of these crap RBs in the 2nd.

Flamma

Reaction score
Who is that fat behemoth that likes to party and got pulled over for a DWI recently? I'd take him over a RB in the second. He's like 400 pounds and 6 foot 5. Anything but a RB.

starfan1

Reaction score
Who is that fat behemoth that likes to party and got pulled over for a DWI recently? I'd take him over a RB in the second. He's like 400 pounds and 6 foot 5. Anything but a RB.
Devondre sweat from Texas

starfan1

Reaction score
He dropped a lot. But I'd take him over a RB. Dallas can't draft a RB in the 2nd. They should have done that last year.
His arrest and work ethic has pushed him back

I do t know where the running backs are gonna go but I’m not sure that I’d have brooks at the top of the want list

I’m for LB with 2 nd round pick then sweat and benson in third I’d even go Blake corum

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not fancy but we lost significant pieces on the OL this past year. I hope we go OL with our first and third and grab a RB at 2. Happy to see ya all.
And then?????????????????????????????
NADA as all those top-pick offline men have done nothing to make us a true contender!!
Playmakers win SB not offlineman!!

USMarineVet

Reaction score
And then?????????????????????????????
NADA as all those top-pick offline men have done nothing to make us a true contender!!
Playmakers win SB not offlineman!!
Playmakers don't get a chance to make plays when their QB is getting sacked.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playmakers don't get a chance to make plays when their QB is getting sacked.
Oh, here we go again protecting inepto.
Well, bud we have given him the BEST when it pertains to OFFLINEMAN and he has laid 2 wildcard playoff wins!@
Insanity is doing the same thing with the same results.
That's all for now bud!

USMarineVet

Reaction score
We grabbed an extra 3rd. I can see us moving up to solidify Center. We sure do need one.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Oh, here we go again protecting inepto.
Well, bud we have given him the BEST when it pertains to OFFLINEMAN and he has laid 2 wildcard playoff wins!@
Insanity is doing the same thing with the same results.
That's all fo
Obviously you're not happy with Dak, Ok. Let me ask you; who would you have in there, playmaker? A football team is a machine that need to run on all cylinders. And you always, always, always start with your Offensive Line before drafting your playmakers. There's a RB to consider too. How does your "playmaker" get open when his QB doesn't have time to get him the ball?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously you're not happy with Dak, Ok. Let me ask you; who would you have in there, playmaker? A football team is a machine that need to run on all cylinders. And you always, always, always start with your Offensive Line before drafting your playmakers. There's a RB to consider too. How does your "playmaker" get open when his QB doesn't have time to get him the ball?
No machine will work properly when its most important part is defective.
And feelings has nothing to do with it as I'm stating the facts as seen in our last 3 playoff losses!

USMarineVet

Reaction score
No machine will work properly when its most important part is defective.
And feelings has nothing to do with it as I'm stating the facts as seen in our last 3 playoff losses!
I'm guessing you're a glass half empty guy. I don't look at our team that way. You can be as negative as you want. It's not going to phase me. It's a beautiful world and you can either be in it or out of it.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
They have to be able to see this. Bills, 49ers, the freaking Cardinals, and the playoff game against the Packers exposed our weak middle. I sure hope they don't draft one of these crap RBs in the 2nd.
Offensive Line Brother. This is coming from 14A.