Recap for those that missed it

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I bet the coaches let Mike White play with the 2nd team to see if he played any different with "better" talent since they're most likely determining whether or not to keep him.

White did not help his case in making the team tonight.

They were giving White a chance to give them a reason *not* to cut him. He didn't cash in on that chance.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Pollard was used in the run and pass game. Looked good. Even ran between the tackles for a 15 yard TD after someone missed a tackle. Had a 9 yard reception, I think he had another pass/run called back. Whiffed in pass protection, not uncommon for rooks, so he has something to work on.

Nice balance on contact on that run. Good sign for Pollard.

The whiff on the pass protection hurt. Continued failure would disqualify him as a third down back.

But I think he can be a 1st and 2nd down back, either as a slot/jet sweep complement to Zeke, or as a tailback alternative to Zeke.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

The whiff on the pass protection hurt. Continued failure would disqualify him as a third down back.

But I think he can be a 1st and 2nd down back, either as a slot/jet sweep complement to Zeke, or as a tailback alternative to Zeke.
Pollard was preoccupied with carrying out the fake handoff. He has to learn that when the blitz is coming he needs to abandon the fake.

But that's on the QB also. He should have just turned around and told Pollard to abandon the fake and focus on the blitzer.

sbark

Reaction score

Dak seemed jump on him for showing late on screen pass where then c.will got called for downfield blocking. Has to get available quicker, so linemen internal screen count works

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Pollard was preoccupied with carrying out the fake handoff. He has to learn that when the blitz is coming he needs to abandon the fake.

But that's on the QB also. He should have just turned around and told Pollard to abandon the fake and focus on the blitzer.

He’s gonna have issue with picking up blitz against the bigger guys, but a better solution is for him to go out on a dump outs where the blitz came from.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First-team offense dominated the 2nd team Rams defense.
- Dak was comfortable and hit open receivers
- Pollard had plenty of space and ran well
- Great deep ball catch by Gallup

First-team defense got the better of a Bortles led offense
- Collins was disruptive
- Hyder and Armstrong looked good
- Taco tipped a ball nicely
- LB and secondary were on top

Special teams looked bad
- Reggie Davis muffed a punt

2nd team defense could get the stop in a redzone punt
- Safeties and LB's broke down in coverage a couple of times

Mike White looked terrible
- Morris didn't do much either

CJ Goodwin recovered a punt
White couldn't move the ball and we missed a field goal

2nd and 3rd team defense looked good for the rest of the game
Some plays made by Rush with Devon Smith and Tavon Austin looking the best of the receivers and Rush using his feet well
Nice job. Thanks

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet the coaches let Mike White play with the 2nd team to see if he played any different with "better" talent since they're most likely determining whether or not to keep him.

White did not help his case in making the team tonight.

I agree. I think they gave Mike White enough rope to hang himself.

And he did.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roush got bumped to 3rd string lol
It’s Rush, and no he didn’t. To properly evaluate they were just giving White the same opportunity to play with more of the starters and primary back ups this week that Rush has last week. White failed to perform remotely as well as Rush either week, so Rush will remain #2.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just seen where Eagles signed Josh McCown, out of retirement at 40 years old.
I think they jumped on this before Dallas could do it today. Them dang Eagles. :muttley:
Next thing they will sign Bryant though they do not need a K, just so we can't sign him. :banghead:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
First-team offense dominated the 2nd team Rams defense.
- Dak was comfortable and hit open receivers
- Pollard had plenty of space and ran well
- Great deep ball catch by Gallup

First-team defense got the better of a Bortles led offense
- Collins was disruptive
- Hyder and Armstrong looked good
- Taco tipped a ball nicely
- LB and secondary were on top

Special teams looked bad
- Reggie Davis muffed a punt

2nd team defense could get the stop in a redzone punt
- Safeties and LB's broke down in coverage a couple of times

Mike White looked terrible
- Morris didn't do much either

CJ Goodwin recovered a punt
White couldn't move the ball and we missed a field goal

2nd and 3rd team defense looked good for the rest of the game
Some plays made by Rush with Devon Smith and Tavon Austin looking the best of the receivers and Rush using his feet well

Now for reality:

The Dline was horrid. There was little to know pass rush at all. Collins was the ONLY guy that looked good at a quick glimpse. Amrstrong was a disappointment, Hill got thrown around and Taco was as bad as he always is. The QB hit him in the face with the ball. LOL

White is absolutely horrid. Cant play in the NFL. Its sad he is even on the team. Shows that these coaches cant evaluate talent.

Morris is done. Pollard is the real deal. Looked fantastic. He did have room, but the kid has great vision, is fluid, can catch, and hits the hole fast.

I like Devon Smith. He could be our Jimmy Smith that got away in reverse.

I like the first team secondary making plays finally.

You can see small tweeks to the offense on plays like the handoff to Oluwale on the 3rd and short. A little misdirection trickery that you never saw with Garrett. And you can see he REALLY knows how to use the FB. Unlike Garrett.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I thought it was a promising game from several standpoints. Starting offense moved the ball right down the field overcoming a missed assignment that easily could have derailed them. And they punched it in. Very nice. I will say that Dak was short on the pass to Gallup....he had plenty of time and Gallup had three yards but had to hold up and make a circus catch.

Rush looked good playing with the third team. That was a beautiful pass for the TD. I really hope Cedric Wilson gets back this week because he and Devin SMith should be fighting for one of the last spots on this team.