Recap: Jimmy Johnson on Dan Patrick

silver

Reaction score
The only way i can see Wade sticking around is that we win one or two playoff games and lose a close one in the NFC Championship. If we fail to win a single playoff game he's a gonner. No way he stays after we collapsed last year and the way this season has gone so far. And if we somehow manage to win it all, I can see he calling it quits and retiring on top.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
burmafrd;2503732 said:
Marino was still a good QB and the problem in Miami was that they never got a running game or a really good D. Jimmy was not able to rekindle the magic of the drafts of 90-92. Mainly because he did not have a lot of pics. You look at the number of duds that Jimmy picked here and it was pretty high= but we had so many pics it did not matter. Very different in Miami.

Fletch;2503762 said:
Jimmy was done after the Cowboys. The fire was gone, but like an aging RB whose pride gets in the way, he thought he could continue to find success.

What killed his career and ended Marino's was when Jimmy took Marino's ability to audible out of the game plan.

I agree with both of you guys. Plus Marino was victimized by his receivers the last couple of years he played. I never saw so many dropped balls and never felt so bad for a non-Cowboys QB before.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
The biggest reason Jimmy didn't win in Miami was that he didn't have the Triplets.

Even if he had a great defense and a very good offensive line he may not have went to a Super Bowl.

I am not sure the 90's Cowboys would have has all that success if you take away one of the Triplets from the equation.