RECAP: Mickey on Bob and Dan

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ddh33;2484633 said:
Making matters worse, Deion is still in Jerry's ear telling him how good TO is and how bad everyone is. I'm frustrated by all of it.

Remember how Deion was on TO's front porch holding a press conference when he OD'ed?

I'm convinced Deion is trying to parlay himself into an agent. I think he'll be a "super agent" within a few years. Bob and Dan were just talking about it ... reportedly Devin Hester is quoted as saying Deion calls him like clockwork every morning to check in on him, and he doesn't even have to set his alarm clock.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2484627 said:
You're right about that. Troy absolutely hated Deion with a passion and reportedly talked to Jerry several times about how he was a cancer on the team, but Jerry loved (and still loves to this day) Deion so much he wouldn't pull the trigger until Deion's toe pretty much had ended his career. And I don't think Tony has nearly as much pull with Jerry as Troy did.

Deion was cancer to this team? How?:confused:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Troy felt as soon as Deion came to the team the team work ethic started to erode because Deion was given special "Deion Rules". He didn't have to stay after practice to watch film or put in extra work or pay attention in meetings, and everyone looked the other way. He was charismatic and famous enough that the younger players looked up to him started to emulate him, and not always in good ways.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ddh33;2484617 said:
I do think that TO has been making some noise, and he tends to do this when he wants to move on.

But I don't know that Jerry would let him. I think Jerry is so drawn to star power that he'll do anything to keep him around and keep him happy.

Or what if Jerry, out of desperation, makes a run for Bill Cowher? What if Cowher tells him, "TO? Nuh-Uh! NO WAY!"?

Ultimately, when Jerry weighs in on this, he knows that a guy like Cowher coming in the same year they have their new stadium would be GANGBUSTERS to this team, and could very well give in and grant him his wishes.

Just thinking out loud...

heavyg

Reaction score
Boysboy;2484700 said:
Or what if Jerry, out of desperation, makes a run for Bill Cowher? What if Cowher tells him, "TO? Nuh-Uh! NO WAY!"?

Ultimately, when Jerry weighs in on this, he knows that a guy like Cowher coming in the same year they have their new stadium would be GANGBUSTERS to this team, and could very well give in and grant him his wishes.

Just thinking out loud...

I soooo hope you are right

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Cowher, and restoring pride here would sell a lot more tix and memorabilia than TO will going foward (unless somehow TO is superbowl mvp & winner this year).

Lets get real, TO & his popcorn act has run it's course.

We have LOST WITH HIM, we can lose (and perhaps win) WITHOUT him ;)

ddh33

Reaction score
chinch;2484753 said:
Cowher, and restoring pride here would sell a lot more tix and memorabilia than TO will going foward (unless somehow TO is superbowl mvp & winner this year).

Actually, that's exactly how I feel. Hope I'm wrong though because I've got a hunch that TO is sticking around.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2484627 said:
You're right about that. Troy absolutely hated Deion with a passion and reportedly talked to Jerry several times about how he was a cancer on the team, but Jerry loved (and still loves to this day) Deion so much he wouldn't pull the trigger until Deion's toe pretty much had ended his career. And I don't think Tony has nearly as much pull with Jerry as Troy did.
Deion is a total cancer. It was obvious back then. It's obvious even today, with the way he campaigns for his boys like TO and Pacman on air.

Some will jump me for that, but they confuse "talent" and "cancer". As does Jerry.

But the agent angle makes sense. Although I LOL at Deion becoming qualified for that.

Mash

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2484699 said:
Troy felt as soon as Deion came to the team the team work ethic started to erode because Deion was given special "Deion Rules". He didn't have to stay after practice to watch film or put in extra work or pay attention in meetings, and everyone looked the other way. He was charismatic and famous enough that the younger players looked up to him started to emulate him, and not always in good ways.

Maybe we should blame the younger players.....its not like there wasnt any better role models in that locker room.

Maybe Aikman should of took those players under his wings instead of complaining about it....just a thought....

I just cant accept a excuse like that.......everyone should be accountable for their actions....if a player like Sanders had that much influence....one player...then what does that say about the rest of the leaders in the locker room?

Did Haley and his antics turn the younger players on the dark side?

Just sayin...

Boysboy

Reaction score
chinch;2484753 said:

Assuming Wade's gone next year, I just don't see Jerry hiring a puppet coach with his new stadium on the horizon next year.

Like I said-I don't know Jerry personality nor what's going through his mind, but my gut feeling is that he'll do whatever it takes to get a gangbusters coach like Cowher here...and like I said too-if the likes of Cowher say "Nuh-Uh!" to TO, then Jerry may be forced to give in.

Again-just thinking out loud...

ddh33

Reaction score
Some personalies are just that magnetic though. Seriously, who do you think a young, exuberant kid is going to relate to more: Deion or Aikman?

It's not a stretch to think the same thing is happening right now.

But as long as they are all interested in winning, it shouldn't deter them too much.

Randy White

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2484452 said:
Bob: What an amazing, amazing team this is to cover. Is it fun out there?

Mickey: It’s a barrel of laughs out here.

Bob: In the textbook of “How to prepare for a big game”, what chapter does this come in?

Mickey: Chapter 30.

Bob: Where does this rank with 90’s Cowboys .

Mickey: I don’t remember anonymous opinions voiced like this. It seems like when you have two different factions in the lockerroom,you got a problem.

Mickey has a short memory. The '90's Cowboys had a chapter with a divided lockerroom that was just as bad, if not worse, than this one ( if it's, indeed, divided ).

There was the Troy Aikman side of the lockerroom. The ones who craved disciplined and toughness. And there was the ISP ( Insignificant Sideline Personel ) aka: Barry Switzer, side of the lockerroom. Those who wanted the undisciplined loosey goosey party atmosphere that ISP promoted.

:starspin

Randy White

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484520 said:
Well that explains why T New is poed. Problem is if he made a mistake he made a mistake. Why shouldn't he be called out on it? I don't even see where he really was. Are all these guys that soft?

Nice recap too.

Not to mention that all T-newman's " mistake " led to was a turn over in downs when the defense came up huge on the 4th and goal.

:starspin

Wood

Reaction score
I think I am more pissed at Newman than anyone. He gives up a huge play on sunday that contributed as much as anything to Dallas losing then he goes on ESPN for way too long to air out all the dirty laundry is Dallas locker room. Then ends the conversation by saying being one of the leaders he will get Romo and Owens together at practice. Where is Charles Haley when we need him....he would have lit into both of these guys (Newmann and Owens).

MONT17

Reaction score
Someone should tell mickey that Romo told everyone who would listen *am 6liver included that it felt like a fall day to him... oh and the number 1 D averages giving up 14 points a game not 7!

u would think with the talent they would be able to score more than what teams average!

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Boysboy;2484681 said:
Deion was cancer to this team? How?:confused:

He went above the coaches head when he was told to do something he thought was above him.

Basically if Switzer said something that Deion didn't like, he would say: Well I'll go talk to Jerry and see what he thinks.

Something along those lines.

I pretty sure I've heard that scenerio a lot of times. Jerry ran a circus back then.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Bob is the biggest idiot on radio. If you listen to anything this guy has to say you have to be ********. He will make any kind of excuse for tony bc he thinks tony is favre. Remember this guy is a cheesehead at heart. Mickey is just a to hater & always has been.

newlander

Reaction score
Tnew shows his true colors. I expect this garbage out of T.O., but Newman? Wow.....his ego is as fragile as an eggshell to react this way. He's a bonehead really: remember his little sideshow with John Kitna of all people last season? Then Kitna proceeded to light him up.