RECAP: Mickey on Bob and Dan

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So Deon was a cancer also???

This is just getting laughable, one of the greatest corners to ever play the game was a cancer???

WOW..........that Pitt loss totally nuked the team, I did not see this coming.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2486171 said:

This is just getting laughable, one of the greatest corners to ever play the game was a cancer???

I had no idea too. I was living outside of DFW at the time, but I was always under the impression that while he lacked leadership skills, he was just an overall good, friendly guy despite having an ego.

While he was always a very good cover corner, his lack of abilities on covering those inside slants drove me crazy.

popcorn

Reaction score
All I know is on 3RD and 16 a reciever should not be singled covered that far down field. Where was the safety help? A big mistake was made, but by whom? It looks to me the wrong scheme was called or one of the safetys blew it.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2486171 said:

in the locker room he sure was. Deion had what he called the "batphone" straight to jerry, not paying attention to any coach. he would outright threaten any coach "i'll go right to jerry". he undercut & undressed any coach in front of the entire team.

if that's not a cancer in the clubhouse, i don't know what is.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
popcorn;2486452 said:
All I know is on 3RD and 16 a reciever should not be singled covered that far down field. Where was the safety help? A big mistake was made, but by whom? It looks to me the wrong scheme was called or one of the safetys blew it.

Yep. I can't believe they had Newman alone in single coverage in a dime package with 6 defensive backs on the field on 3rd and 16. I'm not saying it wasn't a bad play for Newman, but someone else blew something on that play that we don't know about or Wade dialed up an amazingly stupid coverage. Which is probably what Newman meant by "If you're asking others to take accountability, you have to own up to your own mistakes." I don't believe Wade meant to intentionally throw Newman under the bus, but he get's so insecure and defensive when addressing the media (especially after the loss) he inadvertently did it to deflect blame off of him.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
chinch;2486533 said:
in the locker room he sure was. Deion had what he called the "batphone" straight to jerry, not paying attention to any coach. he would outright threaten any coach "i'll go right to jerry". he undercut & undressed any coach in front of the entire team.

if that's not a cancer in the clubhouse, i don't know what is.

He also tried to divide the lockerroom against Aikman. After the playoff loss to Arizona he pretty much came out and said Aikman didn't earn his paycheck.

ddh33

Reaction score
Deion wanted to make sure he got all the credit and others took all the blame. That's just who he was...

Sounds like someone else who currently wears the star.

And they both have the personality and charisma to have a bunch of people line up and say that Aikman was at fault, or Romo and Witten are the ones who suck. It's just unbelievable.