RECAP: Newman..on espn 2

Frozen700

Reaction score
the lady just said Newman will be on to join us later..talking about the cowboys....

if already posted delete it

Edit- Newman is basically saying he was up in moss's face.....instead of playing zone blitz they were getting physical...ect..they didnt want them having a easy time running around(they showed clips of newman jamming him up)

Great to have Romo back.....

This was a must win..we might have to win out to go to the playoffs/thats the mentality they have

and they were praising him...saying he saved the cowboys season...shutting moss down 1 on 1 with no help..especially with a pick n on 4th down

Said he wish he was in better condition....getting his stamina up...

if anyone is better at recaps go ahead n post if you seen it

Frozen700

Reaction score
Smith22;2427745 said:
Thanks for the recap. I love me some TNew.

yea hes the man....

they kept saying he saved the season..but he didn't look at it like he did it alone...great guy

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Thanks man, and good job. :)

Hopefully when he gets his conditioning back he can return some punts, too.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I heard TNew lost it and shouldn't have received that big contract due to his age. Who inhabited his uni on Sunday?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I'm glad that he had a great game but that is what he is getting paid the big money for. As long as he keeps playing to that standard then he deserves credit. The problem is him missing so much time both of the last two years and getting toasted by Moss everytime we see him. Way to step up TNew. I knew you could do it.... eventually. :D

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
starfrombirth;2428484 said:
I'm glad that he had a great game but that is what he is getting paid the big money for. As long as he keeps playing to that standard then he deserves credit. The problem is him missing so much time both of the last two years and getting toasted by Moss everytime we see him. Way to step up TNew. I knew you could do it.... eventually. :D

Terence Newman has been an elite player since 2003. His play speaks for itself. You must not be remembering Moss torching Jacques Reeves and Aaron Glenn every time he faced them. Most Cowboys' fans know this fact. How does one rough quarter equal "every time we play them"? Newman was playing in pain, too. We'll he's healthy now.

Dallas has let Newman shadow Moss all over the field two times. Newman shut him down two times, and Dallas won the games. (2006 @ Dallas and 2008 @ Washington).

He missed 2 games in his first 5 years, and he tried to play hurt this year.

Nexx

Reaction score
could it be that for the last 5 years we have been misusing Tnew? should the coaches have let Tnew play man on man against the other teams best WR in press coverage vs all the zone crap we've been seeing?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Newman had never missed a game with injury until last year. I wouldnt call that injury prone. He had two injuries that could happen to any player.

And I think it's funny seeing all the love he is getting when a good amount of the fans threw him under the bus all year long until sunday.

He has been my favorite player for the last 4 years. I was big on him out of college ( and I was a CB so I naturally have love for the position). Haha I even wore 41 as my practice jersey in high school as a senior.

Im glad he is getting the love he deserves again!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He had a phenomenal game. Makes me wonder if he was still hurt in the first matchup.

http://img45.*************/img45/3292/c20ee3b0b993dc347900b34pe9.jpg

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2428547 said:
He had a phenomenal game. Makes me wonder if he was still hurt in the first matchup.

Yeah, he hs already stated he was hurt for that game but he tried to tough it out. They just misdiagnosed the injury in the beginning.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2428556 said:
Yeah, he hs already stated he was hurt for that game but he tried to tough it out. They just misdiagnosed the injury in the beginning.

Cowboys misdiagnose an injury? Never.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2427803 said:
Thanks man, and good job. :)

Hopefully when he gets his conditioning back he can return some punts, too.

Please don't let me see him returning punts.

There has to be someone else on the team who can return punts other than a starting CB that just came back from injury.

Crayton is solid, but he doesn't scare anyone.

I know I am going to get killed for this, but...

Maybe we can get Amendola some tries on punt returns. I know he isn't a burner, but he has more quicks and wiggle than Crayton.

Now it all comes down to roster spots. I know Stanback is down again so maybe we can sneak Amendola in as the 5th WR in one of the next two games and give the kid a shot. I also don't think Amendola is going to shy away from contact running down on punt/kick coverage like some of the players on this roster.