Recent possible draft busts

blueblood70

Reaction score
Comments about the 2019 and 2020 drafts bust..

The 2019, draft Conner McGovern. He was rated by our esteemed draft leadership as having a high 2 rnd grade.. Wow, now I know he was injured, but that was known at draft time, so we are 18 months post injury and I am hearing our worst OL, Connor Williams is projected now to be the back up center? He was supposed to challenge Connor Williams or at the very least be back-up at center. He still cannot get on the field.. And to think, we graded him HIGH 2nd rounder.

The 2020 has two draft picks that have me perplexed. 3rd pick Neville Galimor. He has not even suited up for the last two games! This is in spite of loosing Gerald McCoy, in training camp, therefore down an interior lineman. Now I know that Tristen Hill has stepped up a bit, but Galimor has not even made the rotation. The second issue is Reggie Robinson. He was a heralded 4th round pick. We have have off the street FA, and they have made the team and dressed but the 4th rookie cannot even make special teams? Now both our early in their careers, with no training camp etc.. but still how difficult is it just to make special teams? Wow..

The draft is the life blood of a team. I am no longer confident of our abilities... Comments please or add if you have heard any updates on the players I have mentioned.
dude way too soon to judge one person on that list...busts are if they never make something of themselves not what they do their first 1,5 seasons jeez Louise..

just because a players doesnt become a front line starter doesnt mean they are bust if they become a backup..sorry man you are off base..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think they wanted experience at G with the young tackles in there and that makes sense.

However, we have to hope that McGovern's upside is better than what we know Williams' is, and we will want him in the lineup as we move ahead with this lost season.

Washington, BTW....is going to destroy this OL in a few weeks.

Lol. Lost season already.

We are installing a new defensive scheme. Every team in the league trying to do that this year is having the same issues. The advantage that we have is that we've really got no one left on our schedule aside from the Ravens that is remotely scary.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree in general, but I think concerns about both Gallimore and McGovern are fair.

Gallimore doesn't get the same rope as Hill, because he's so much older - someone who turns 24 in January should be pro ready pretty much day 1. McGovern not even competing for a starting spot is problematic...though who knows how much of a setback the injuries have caused.
i say they all need more time..

if you are drafted as rookie and get hurt, then a full staff changeover is made and no offseason , i believe they all get redshirt and dover and the new staff has to figure out where they fit if at all..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Could Diggs be a pro bowl FS? Appears to take good angles and is a physical guy, to a point. His recovery speed is concerning. The opposite experiment with B. Jones. He plays hard and has some fight to him. Appears to be a guy that will go after the ball.
Byron played hard as well, and definitely had fight in him. He didn't try for turnovers, but he didn't get burned very often either.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dude way too soon to judge one person on that list...busts are if they never make something of themselves not what they do their first 1,5 seasons jeez Louise..

just because a players doesnt become a front line starter doesnt mean they are bust if they become a backup..sorry man you are off base..

Dude is the ultimate premature evaluator.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score

The 2019, draft Conner McGovern. He was rated by our esteemed draft leadership as having a high 2 rnd grade.. Wow, now I know he was injured, but that was known at draft time, so we are 18 months post injury and I am hearing our worst OL, Connor Williams is projected now to be the back up center? He was supposed to challenge Connor Williams or at the very least be back-up at center. He still cannot get on the field.. And to think, we graded him HIGH 2nd rounder.

The 2020 has two draft picks that have me perplexed. 3rd pick Neville Galimor. He has not even suited up for the last two games! This is in spite of loosing Gerald McCoy, in training camp, therefore down an interior lineman. Now I know that Tristen Hill has stepped up a bit, but Galimor has not even made the rotation. The second issue is Reggie Robinson. He was a heralded 4th round pick. We have have off the street FA, and they have made the team and dressed but the 4th rookie cannot even make special teams? Now both our early in their careers, with no training camp etc.. but still how difficult is it just to make special teams? Wow..

The draft is the life blood of a team. I am no longer confident of our abilities... Comments please or add if you have heard any updates on the players I have mentioned.
Hill is the worst DT in the league. It's inexcusable that as bad as this defense has performed gallimore has not gotten a chance.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

With the exception of Zeke there all pretty much busts for one reason or another ranging from drugs to injuries to simple talent base!
P.S.Byron and Collins are no longer with us got the Cap cut.....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill is the worst DT in the league. It's inexcusable that as bad as this defense has performed gallimore has not gotten a chance.

Remember this post of mine.....Hill will become a force to deal with in the years to follow......

Kaiser

Reaction score

If we lose next week there will be threads criticizing our 2021 Draft Picks.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He really isn't though.

You guys see guy-on0field and assume he is playing well.

The only thing worse than wondering if he's a bust is actually seeing he's a bust. He's awful.

wrong, you assume we assume because he is on the field he is doing ok.
The thing is, do you actually read any news on the team. The coaches and media and fans on here said they seen him playing decent.
Just because you may not have watched him, does not mean you know what you are suggesting.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we lose next week there will be threads criticizing our 2021 Draft Picks.
well not a big jump to reality's they will want to say we didnt build enough draft capital for 2021 and should trade dak, zeke, amari, and Dlaw to tank for Lawerence...

without realizing its not going to happen without being in cap hell and winning 4 games over the next 4 years

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
wrong, you assume we assume because he is on the field he is doing ok.
The thing is, do you actually read any news on the team. The coaches and media and fans on here said they seen him playing decent.
Just because you may not have watched him, does not mean you know what you are suggesting.
What?

Are you suggesting I'm not watching the Cowboy games?

You sound crazy....

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
i think the fact we have missed so much with defensive lineman that it is starting to feel more like a coaching thing.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Way too early on any of this and for any players.

Everyone screaming Hill was a bust last year without even much playing time. Based on a few preseason game snaps as well. Typical of all the couch / basement GM's we have on here.
He is playing decent this season.

I will wait before I pass judgement.

I agree that it’s too early to call him a bust. But on several runs vs Cleveland including Chubb’s first big run he was pushed back 6 yds then pancaked. He is a gap guy and not the stout DT we truly need in this scheme.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Lol. Lost season already.

We are installing a new defensive scheme. Every team in the league trying to do that this year is having the same issues. The advantage that we have is that we've really got no one left on our schedule aside from the Ravens that is remotely scary.
We can only hope its lost.

Jerry winning a division only to get pummeled by the teams that actually have a clue in the NFC and telling himself they are a bargain bin player or two away may not be the best long term path.

But sure. Your opinion, my opinion....that's the point here.