Recommendation for home security cameras

nobody

Reaction score
man-shotgun-guarding-his-property-22982301.jpg

Yeah, but how much does he eat? Do you have to pay him? Will he sleep outside?

Creeper

Reaction score
German Sheppard is the dog I have always wanted, but i was watching clips of rottweiler puppies, and I think they have won me over. I have an attack/gaurd cat at the moment, but when this situation is right, I am going to get a puppy.
I had a German Shepard once. The dog was smart, really smart. House broke in 1 day. crate trained in a few hours. She had a vocabulary that was amazing. She could pick words out of sentences. If you said "cat" in a sentence she would bark. But she knew all her toys. My son would tell her go get the tennis ball or the soccer ball and she would pick them out of a box full of her toys. Amazing dogs. Very loyal and protective. Her bark kept solicitors away. But they shed their fur constantly and you need to have a good vacuum cleaner around at all times.

nobody

Reaction score
I had a German Shepard once. The dog was smart, really smart. House broke in 1 day. crate trained in a few hours. She had a vocabulary that was amazing. She could pick words out of sentences. If you said "cat" in a sentence she would bark. But she knew all her toys. My son would tell her go get the tennis ball or the soccer ball and she would pick them out of a box full of her toys. Amazing dogs. Very loyal and protective. Her bark kept solicitors away. But they shed their fur constantly and you need to have a good vacuum cleaner around at all times.
The real problem with German Shepherds is that if you get a pure blood, you're just as likely to get a neurotic one as a well-adjusted intelligent dog. It's an either or. There's not really a middle ground.

Creeper

Reaction score
Ours was both neurotic and intelligent. But yes, a lot of overbreeding has led to some unfortunate characteristics in Shepherds.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I have a Simply Safe home security system that’s pretty neat. The make the doorbell camera, also sensors you can put on any windows or doors that will alert you if one has been opened.

When you turn the security system on, if one of the doors is opened, it’ll blast an incredibly loud and annoying alarm, and then call you. If you don’t answer, the cops will be sent.

I live in a safe area, so I’m not too worried. But it’s good for peace of mind knowing that the house isn’t going to get broken into when I’m gone. My doberman is a good guard dog, but he could probably be distracted by a piece of ham pretty easily.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good synopsis. Shedding is the only downside. But it's the only breed I'll raise now. All my German Shepherds have been super intelligent, and I don't know if I could deal with a stupid dog now.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
German Sheppard is the dog I have always wanted, but i was watching clips of rottweiler puppies, and I think they have won me over. I have an attack/gaurd cat at the moment, but when this situation is right, I am going to get a puppy.
Rottweilers are great dogs too, and been tempted to go that direction too, but you need time to raise them right. Not that German Shepherds aren't labor intensive either, but Rottweilers must know their place.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Google phased out updates to my Chromebook after only 3 years.
I see what they're doing...
I see that manufacturers of Security cameras, besides the biggest players, like Ring, are also offering doorbell cams, and security monitoring.

Wyze for example...

For your elderly relatives, I think it's important to have a way, to check on them, to contact them, when they have their cell phone turned off.

Through an app, you can speak through a cam or other devices, to say "Uncle Pete, turn on your phone and call your nephew Sam."