Red Bryant loves the Cowboys!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2029297 said:
True but at almost 350 and that work ethic he is just as likely to eat himself to 400 lbs and be a conditioning nightmare as he is to succeed. Bryant has the potential to be good to great too but Okam would be a Jamal Williams type if he doesnt eat his way out of the league.

Fuzz, Okam had shed some of his excess tonnage by the time the Texas Pro Day rolled around, IIRC he was back down to 335... he needs to lose another ten pounds, but apparently he's wised up, and is getting serious about getting his weight down...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2029302 said:
Bryant is favorably compared to Casey Hampton, arguably the best NT in the league

That is completely untrue and by a mile.

Bryant was inconsistent at TAMU, Hampton was a consistent force at UT. Hampton was upstaged at times by the more athletic Shaun Rogers but that UT DL was one of the best in Big 12 history.

Bryant is a good guy and solid player but he is being drafted more for projection than production. Hampton was extremely good in college.

QT

Reaction score
The interview with Bryant reminds me of Montevious Stanley. He was so happy to be drafted by the Cowboys....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QuanTran;2029682 said:
The interview with Bryant reminds me of Montevious Stanley. He was so happy to be drafted by the Cowboys....
Still the best draft day interview from the last several years.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Surprised no one has said this about Red, but it was in my mind the entire time I was talking to him.

His game and his personality remind me of a young Jason Ferguson.

Woods

Reaction score
I really hope we do land Red Bryant.

We can then move Ratliff to DE, and Bryant can rotate with Tank. Spears is probably gone next year anyway.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
silverbear;2029452 said:
Fuzz, Okam had shed some of his excess tonnage by the time the Texas Pro Day rolled around, IIRC he was back down to 335... he needs to lose another ten pounds, but apparently he's wised up, and is getting serious about getting his weight down...

I still dont see him at 325 lbs playing DE. Hes tall but he plays with great leverage.

And another thing he may have finally gotten it but as has been a trend with a lot of UT players lately, they get it predraft and then forget it soon after. I think the odds are better that he become Aaron Gibson than Aaron Schoebel.