red flag players

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
this is a thread about players who have issues, or perceived issues

I've put a red-flag on Penn State DE Aaron Maybin, he's added 20lbs. since the end of the college season, it's not as bizarre as Shawne Merriman adding 70lbs. in a couple of weeks, but it's still kind of iffy

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Emmanuel Cook was suspended for being academically inegible he was only taking two classes....The CB from San Jose State had got arrested for a gun charge.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2648005 said:
this is a thread about players who have issues, or perceived issues

I've put a red-flag on Penn State DE Aaron Maybin, he's added 20lbs. since the end of the college season, it's not as bizarre as Shawne Merriman adding 70lbs. in a couple of weeks, but it's still kind of iffy

Arnold Swarzennegger in his bio said it takes juice to gain that much muscle in less than 2-4 years....

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2648322 said:
Arnold Swarzennegger in his bio said it takes juice to gain that much muscle in less than 2-4 years....

It was not 20 Lbs of muscle. If you ever seen Maybin you would know he is a physical freak who treats his body like a temple. I don't think you can find a college player with a more strict weight room routine either. Anyways, my point was going to be that he added weight by changing his diet and eating some thing he would never of eaten in the past. He admitted it was the hardest thing he has ever done. At one point he actually added 30+ pounds and did not like how is body felt so he dropped weight. I'm positive he put on some muscle but no 20 pounds worth.

As far Arnold goes, he must of been mistaking because with todays weight gainers and advanced equipment I have seen personally guys put on more then that in a few months.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2648322 said:

I gained over 20 pounds in a high school off-season without ever touching any juice so it is possible for sure. But it merits watching.

70 pounds tho... that's juice to be sure.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2648461 said:
It was not 20 Lbs of muscle. If you ever seen Maybin you would know he is a physical freak who treats his body like a temple. I don't think you can find a college player with a more strict weight room routine either. Anyways, my point was going to be that he added weight by changing his diet and eating some thing he would never of eaten in the past. He admitted it was the hardest thing he has ever done. At one point he actually added 30+ pounds and did not like how is body felt so he dropped weight. I'm positive he put on some muscle but no 20 pounds worth.

As far Arnold goes, he must of been mistaking because with todays weight gainers and advanced equipment I have seen personally guys put on more then that in a few months.

Arnold was very likely talking about guys who have been working out regularly and are already near their potential natural size. But he is also just guessing because he was juicing by 16 so wouldn't know anything about natural gains.

SDogo

Reaction score
To add to this list:

Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida
Character red flags after a complaint for eviction and damages from a Gainsville apartment complex in August of 2008.

Darry Beckwith, LB, LSU
Arrested for criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and harassment in April 2007 fight at off-campus apartment, charges were later dropped

SDogo

Reaction score
jterrell;2648470 said:
Arnold was very likely talking about guys who have been working out regularly and are already near their potential natural size. But he is also just guessing because he was juicing by 16 so wouldn't know anything about natural gains.

True, I hardly think Maybin is any where near his growth potential. He will only be 21 on April 6th and only had less then 3 years in a college weight program.