Twitter: Red Zone Offense: Unbelievable

HungryLion

Reaction score
The OL is not blocking well... and Linehan is failing to adjust and create alternative ways to score.

Beasley should have all kinds of looks down there... where are the RPOs? Where is Rico? How about a slant or two as opposed the obvious back shoulder fade that he loves to go to?

Pick plays? TE leak outs into the flat after selling a run block?

There are so many things I see other teams do week in and week out to keep things fresh and get points on the board.

It’s not Linehan’s fault his guys got hurt— but it is his fault for being stubborn and refusing to get creative with the options and talent he does have.

I have been wondering where the slants are also.

A big guy like Rico. Just have him cut in front of s defender and use his body to box them out. Throw the ball into his stomach area.

I would think it shouldn’t be that hard to execute....

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The OL is not blocking well... and Linehan is failing to adjust and create alternative ways to score.

Beasley should have all kinds of looks down there... where are the RPOs? Where is Rico? How about a slant or two as opposed the obvious back shoulder fade that he loves to go to?

Pick plays? TE leak outs into the flat after selling a run block?

There are so many things I see other teams do week in and week out to keep things fresh and get points on the board.

It’s not Linehan’s fault his guys got hurt— but it is his fault for being stubborn and refusing to get creative with the options and talent he does have.
You are correct, their are many creative things we can do inside the 10, but not with Garrett and Linehan. With those two it is same SHI_ different day!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe the #1 culprit of failing in red-zone isn't Prescott or the OC... Maybe it's the offensive line.

Or maybe they all share a heavy responsibility here.

It’s not hard to imagine that when we get inside the 10, teams focus on Elliott and sell out to make sure he can’t run because they don’t fear Prescott or the ability of this staff to scheme a TD?

JGRXXN

Reaction score
any pressure. How many go into shell shock half a year, then half another year from getting sacked. {atlanta game}

Can you tell me what happened to Drew Brees during the Dallas game... i'll wait *sniff*

Number1

Reaction score
no.its mainly Dak and Linehan.I dont see creativity in the red Zone and even when they get creative it doesnt work.

why do you expect better with no Cooper or Frederick, Martin limping, and w/o 2 of the best red zone targets ever in Witten and Bryant?

I've never liked Scott, everything looks over tweaked, I'm hoping LG fires him and calls his own plays.

As for creativity, keep it, I'll take big targets and an OL that can block.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Can you tell me what happened to Drew Brees during the Dallas game... i'll wait *sniff*
can you tell me why it took half of last year and half this year before he could get over "seeing ghosts". sniff,,sniff,,sniff...waiting.

Prescott lost his mojo. He started seeing ghosts in the pocket, worrying about pressure that was sometimes there but often times not. It not only affected his scramble radar, but his mechanics went in the tank as well. His accuracy went from average to woeful. Over the course of the next 16 games, some of it would return enough for Dallas to avoid turnovers and win games, but they were hardly the team they were before Atlanta 2017.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The way I see it is:

-Teams expect a Zeke run inside the 5, so they pack up the box.
-Linehan tries to throw to take advantage of this situation
-Dak sucks at throwing in traffic/crowded areas
-The only routes we run are patterns to the back corner or in-breaking digs that never seem to work.
-Or we get cute and waste a down on stuff like triple screens and shovel passes to Jarwin.

I'd probably call more RPOs if I was the OC in that situation, make LBs account for Dak as well who is a legitimate threat near the goal line. Or run a bunch of cheap pick plays like the rest of the league does, they're easy when the defense gets all bunched up.

Reactions: BAT

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Maybe the #1 culprit of failing in red-zone isn't Prescott or the OC... Maybe it's the offensive line.

The online has had some problems, no doubt about that, but there are teams with worse olines than Dallas and they still manage to run the ball in the red zone and score TDs. Yet we cant.

Why?