Ref Problems

Sydla

Reaction score
I usually complain about the refs but someone who doesnt usually agree with me is Joe Buck. When the announcers are saying what we're saying means it's pretty bad. The Brown mugging, the 15 yard penalty against Wilson for swatting the ball, PI in the endzone. It was bad

The Wilson was a dumb play on his part. That’s just more of the same dumb stuff this team ends up doing.

Scotman

Reaction score
The Wilson was a dumb play on his part. That’s just more of the same dumb stuff this team ends up doing.
I agree with you 99% of the time. But I disagree here. It looked like he was getting back where he was supposed to be, saw the ball coming at his head and then batted it down. I didn't see that as a lack of discipline

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Didn't we go something like 14 games with no offensive holding calls on opposing offenses one year?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
How many holds did we have tonight? One?

I believe one was called and accepted, one declined. That said, I saw NY doing far worse on a somewhat regular basis. The number of times I saw a giant OL who was beaten with his arm across a DL holding him back was legion. Several different big NYG plays would have been called back had the refs been consistent.