Twitter: Ref Tony Corrente on the OPI on Michael Gallup

Flamma

Reaction score
This is why the video I posted stops before Ramsey's acting so you see the push and the actual effect it had. Look at Gallup flick his wrist on Ramsey's chest. People are getting distracted by the acting and are ignoring that there was a full extension shove by Gallup.

Ramsey is slanted and then gets stood up by the push.

Gallup-R.gif

Ok. Even if I give you that. Let's say you're right. I'm just aggravated because that call is never made! I'm pissed because there is no consistency. Two years ago a WR pushed off a defender in our game against the Saints for a TD and not a peep.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ok. Even if I give you that. Let's say you're right. I'm just aggravated because that call is never made! I'm pissed because there is no consistency. Two years ago a WR pushed off a defender in our game against the Saints for a TD and not a peep.

People keep saying this but you'd really need to see things side by side to compare anything. The other blurred line is that officials are going to differ slightly on what's "enough" of a push here or there so they have to adopt certain guidelines to help. I think what they official says here is one of those guidelines where if they see an extended arm by the WR and a noticeable push, they call it. Now Gallup could have kept his hand on Ramsey's chest for measurement purposes and even fully extended as a measurement but no push but an official might similarly take a "short cut" and flag him. It happens at these fast speeds.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
That's all well and good. You think a team that "Lost in trenches and outschemed" never won a football game?

If we lose it for ourselves fine...I don't expect the refs to lose it for us and excused just because we played poorly.

Well first of all, I do think it was a bad call and cost us a chance to tie or win the game so your retort really has no bearing on my comment.

However, that call was not the only reason this team lost and to think that is the case is foolish.

My point is that this team was out coached and schemed while getting beat in the trenches and probabilities favor a loss in that context most of the time.

However, given all of that, it was only a 3 point loss, so no reason to throw in the towel for the season.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
People keep saying this but you'd really need to see things side by side to compare anything. The other blurred line is that officials are going to differ slightly on what's "enough" of a push here or there so they have to adopt certain guidelines to help. I think what they official says here is one of those guidelines where if they see an extended arm by the WR and a noticeable push, they call it. Now Gallup could have kept his hand on Ramsey's chest for measurement purposes and even fully extended as a measurement but no push but an official might similarly take a "short cut" and flag him. It happens at these fast speeds.

Dude, good post and I agree. The problem I have is this kind of call will not be made throughout the season on a regular basis. That's what makes me mad.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well first of all, I do think it was a bad call and cost us a chance to tie or win the game so your retort really has no bearing on my comment.

However, that call was not the only reason this team lost and to think that is the case is foolish.

My point is that this team was out coached and schemed while getting beat in the trenches and probabilities favor a loss in that context most of the time.

However, given all of that, it was only a 3 point loss, so no reason to throw in the towel for the season.

I think everyone knows that we didn't play well. However..don't you think that every ensuing playing becomes more critical....especially in a closing game?

That's like saying closing window or door is as easy to get through as when it's wide open. So we performed WELL in a closing window...we earned that. There's less opportunity and odds to recover from it THERE than earlier in the game.
I can;t say it enough...if the flag came at contact...I might feel differently. Throwing it after the catch was secured....is...extremely problematic.

And NO WAY am I throwing in the towel! I think that was a good team and good coach...super bowl caliber...of course. We had a shot at beating them at their house not playing well. Gotta give it a chance.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Please pardon me...I know you really got a kick out of your trap....that's good work.

There;'s been a flurry of replies- I lose track.......and I often adjust my outlook and terminology based on what'd been discussed. You are free to call it whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

EDIT: Okay...I went back to get some context on your trap...in the comment you refer to...I wa specifically talking about "pushing" Ramsey. There';s no doubt Gallup was defending his body and ball. But this phantom "push" that knocked the super stud safety off his feet...never happened. It was a flop.

The was other hand contact of course. but not enough to move backwards.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Please pardon me...I know you really got a kick out of your trap....that's good work.

There;'s been a flurry of replies- I lose track.......and I often adjust my outlook and terminology based on what'd been discussed. You are free to call it whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

giphy.gif

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I think everyone knows that we didn't play well. However..don't you think that every ensuing playing becomes more critical....especially in a closing game?

That's like saying closing window or door is as easy to get through as when it's wide open. So we performed WELL in a closing window...we earned that. There's less opportunity and odds to recover from it THERE than earlier in the game.
I can;t say it enough...if the flag came at contact...I might feel differently. Throwing it after the catch was secured....is...extremely problematic.

And NO WAY am I throwing in the towel! I think that was a good team and good coach...super bowl caliber...of course. We had a shot at beating them at their house not playing well. Gotta give it a chance.

I agree the ref made a bad call but the team should have never been in that position to begin with and were for all the aforementioned reasons.

We should have been tied if we kick the FG but I understand why Mike wanted to be aggressive, still made things more difficult because of poor execution.

They were out coached and played ultimately and yes it sucks that any chance to maybe pull out a victory in spite of these facts makes it that much worse as a fan.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree the ref made a bad call but the team should have never been in that position to begin with and were for all the aforementioned reasons.

We should have been tied if we kick the FG but I understand why Mike wanted to be aggressive, still made things more difficult because of poor execution.

They were out coached and played ultimately and yes it sucks that any chance to maybe pull out a victory in spite of these facts makes it that much worse as a fan.
Roger that Rogerthat!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Watch it at normal speed. It's quite obvious.

I did watch it...many times. Gallup had already removed his hand.....THEN he flops his head back.

You must not watch basketball. It;'s an art form in the NBA. Not often used in the NFL.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
LOL....truth hurts.

To you it does, yes. You got busted flip flopping for convenience on posts less than 1 day apart.

But you're in the running for "Best Lying Sack of Schick" fan though. Kaiser's got you beat but you're charging hard, young upstart. Lol

Kaiser

Reaction score
LOL. Another sideline ***** I've destroyed in the past playing the role of teeny bopper fanboi. Maybe Kaiser will like your post and you can like his so you both can feel good about your internet accomplishments.

Will do!

Kaiser

Reaction score
The key is to hurt his feelings so bad he cries to the mods that you’re being mean. It’s fun for all.

I think every insult he posts here is something a girl in a bar said to him at some point.

"Hey, Baby"

"Get lost you ignorant dolt".

... Marcus goes home, puts on his Referee Pajamas, logs on......

"No, YOU are an ignorant dolt!! YOU ARE!!!"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I did watch it...many times. Gallup had already removed his hand.....THEN he flops his head back.

You must not watch basketball. It;'s an art form in the NBA. Not often used in the NFL.
The flop was after the push off. The flop is irrelevant. This isn't the NBA, also irrelevant.
Besides the obvious, there is no way one of the best CBs in the NFL is giving up on a play he was within arms-length of.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The flop was after the push off. The flop is irrelevant. This isn't the NBA, also irrelevant.
Besides the obvious, there is no way one of the best CBs in the NFL is giving up on a play he was within arms-length of.

LOL...you had me until your last sentence.

So you SUDDENLY knew the mindset of a modern day safety faking a call. That is rich.

But Pro NFL receiver gallup is suppose to "give up on the play"?

Yo probably just got in the lead for "Gat dang I';m way more Objective fan than all yall" award.