Twitter: Ref Tony Corrente on the OPI on Michael Gallup

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To you it does, yes. You got busted flip flopping for convenience on posts less than 1 day apart.

But you're in the running for "Best Lying Sack of Schick" fan though. Kaiser's got you beat but you're charging hard, young upstart. Lol
\

IO most certainly did not.l You attempted to take things out of context. I showed you how wrong you were but the truth does hurt BOY.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
so many times we have seen blatant push offs by WRs are not called , and when i mean blatant push off meaning full palm on the body of CB push off. If you watch the video closely there was no palm contact , Gallops hand backside is in contact with Ramsey when he is trying to hook his arm and Gallop in order to try free his arm or get some separation extends the arm a bit , but Ramsy is definitely flopping as its not like offensive line man punch, which pushes you back.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Unless the DB did it first.

You probably just got in the lead for "Gat dang I';m way more Objective fan than all yall" award.

That’s the key. And a great line. They want to be the “objective fan” so bad that it makes them stupid and unable to properly participate in these discussions.

The psychology behind it is fascinating.

aria

Reaction score
Fact. This pic of the handfighting is fine. But once the wr fully extends his arms the refs are told to call it. You don't have to like it that's what they did vs gallop, green, and I forget the other guys last Sunday.
I believe Engram of the Gnats got called for OPI on a play identical to Gallups.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Referees are supposed to avoid calls that decide games at the last minute. That unwritten law was violated in this instance. I had a feeling such would be the case in LA well before that game started. The home town syndrome continues to wreak havoc on visiting teams in the NFL. Typical biased BS bit us.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL...you had me until your last sentence.

So you SUDDENLY knew the mindset of a modern day safety faking a call. That is rich.

But Pro NFL receiver gallup is suppose to "give up on the play"?

Yo probably just got in the lead for "Gat dang I';m way more Objective fan than all yall" award.
No clue what your talking about. Don't drink and post.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, ok.
I wasn't rude to you and I didn't call you derogatory names because I disagree with you. It's easy with being anonymous online to act out. You don't know me obviously to have such a ridiculous and childish take with zero substance. Take your fake tough-guy routine somewhere else, I'm not impressed. I actually feel kind of sorry for you.

I never called you names.
If I came on too strong for you...you have my truly sincere apology.

(I started a small rant here about why I came on strong but....let's just leave the apology standing?)

I stand by my opinion it was a flop and leave it at that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
so many times we have seen blatant push offs by WRs are not called , and when i mean blatant push off meaning full palm on the body of CB push off. If you watch the video closely there was no palm contact , Gallops hand backside is in contact with Ramsey when he is trying to hook his arm and Gallop in order to try free his arm or get some separation extends the arm a bit , but Ramsy is definitely flopping as its not like offensive line man punch, which pushes you back.

You have the sequence wrong. Gallup put a hand in Ramsey's chest before Ramsey curls his arm underneath and then puts a backhand on Gallup's shoulder. And there was no extending the arm "a bit." It was a full extension as you see in the photo below. Ramsey did do an acting job but Gallup's push is what even gave him the idea to try that. This video stops just before the flop and you see Gallup clearly push with the back of his hand and Ramsey, who is leaning into Gallup, gets stood up by the push.

Gallup-R.gif

Gallup-Push.jpg

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Referees are supposed to avoid calls that decide games at the last minute. That unwritten law was violated in this instance.

So you're saying they should have used the same logic as they did in that Saints playoff game when they refused to call pass interference ..... on blatant pass interference? I think everyone saw that logic as wrong so how about they make calls that actually exist?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You have the sequence wrong. Gallup put a hand in Ramsey's chest before Ramsey curls his arm underneath and then puts a backhand on Gallup's shoulder. And there was no extending the arm "a bit." It was a full extension as you see in the photo below. Ramsey did do an acting job but Gallup's push is what even gave him the idea to try that. This video stops just before the flop and you see Gallup clearly push with the back of his hand and Ramsey, who is leaning into Gallup, gets stood up by the push.

Gallup-R.gif

Gallup-Push.jpg
Important to point out that this clip is NOT the flop. And you can clearly see the arm extended, the push off and obvious separation. You can clearly see Gallup propel himself forward.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I never called you names.
If I came on too strong for you...you have my truly sincere apology.

(I started a small rant here about why I came on strong but....let's just leave the apology standing?)

I stand by my opinion it was a flop and leave it at that.
You're a liar, you first sentence in the post was name calling.
Now run along, I'm not interested in your BS or anything you have to say. I don't care what you opinion is.
K?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Important to point out that this clip is NOT the flop. And you can clearly see the arm extended, the push off and obvious separation. You can clearly see Gallup propel himself forward.

Right. That's why I stopped the clip right after the push-off and before the flopping because people try to hang on the flop as a diversion to admitting that Gallup did perform a full extended arm push-off. But as you see, video does nothing for most. There's still a guy stating that Gallup didn't have a hand in Ramsey's chest at all and just turned on the turbo boost a la K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider, lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Right. That's why I stopped the clip right after the push-off and before the flopping because people try to hang on the flop as a diversion to admitting that Gallup did perform a full extended arm push-off. But as you see, video does nothing for most. There's still a guy stating that Gallup didn't have a hand in Ramsey's chest at all and just turned on the turbo boost a la K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider, lol.
I like the palm argument, as if to say you can't push off with the back of the hand, lol.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I like the palm argument, as if to say you can't push off with the back of the hand, lol.

Well there was another guy who told me that you can't back hand push against an immovable object (like a brick wall) without somehow bending your hand to do so. Therefore if Gallup never bent his hand then he wasn't applying force to Brickhouse Ramsey and there was no push-off. Lol. I really love people's creativity when faced with backtracking on an agenda belief shown to be the opposite.