Refs weren’t the Reason we lost that game?

JMech

Reaction score
All right. Many have said what you’ve said and it seems reasonable.

Now, the others were asked to come up with some game changing rare calls or some horrible ones,as you say, that have affected othet teams. I’d ask you the same.

Keep in mind. One team has had to overcome:
Dez catch overturned
Illegal huddle
Delay of game on defense
Unsportsmanlike on the coach
Two false tripping calls

I’ll leave out the two long streaks of no holds on opposing o-lines.

Name a team that’s had to deal with just one nearly unheard of call. Let alone 5.

I’m also leaving out:
Saints
Elliott none fumble
Roughing on Lawrence while he was pushed low
5 second play that took 2 seconds.
2 offensive pi s on Cooper both Bull****

Packers

Smith fake injury result in 6-8 time outs
Erin throwing ball at feet after losing it
Cobb interfered with-grabbed on his wrist
Graham fake interference
Brown pi without contact
Roughing on Quinn .1 of a second after release
No holds again all game after Rodgers chastised ref on a clear hold first drive.
Garrett unsportsmanlike
Hold on Tavon that was not close and moved from first and goal to long field goal range.
Taunts allowed on Dak and DB on run.

Jets

Unreal pick play call takes away 4 points

Because they aren’t rare and are mainly judgement calls that, although are very bad, are debatable.
It’s not debatable that one team seemingly gets some of the most unique calls of all time.

Name another team that has faced that level of terrible.

Although it’s clearly something like me would say. Ask yourself if it’s possible that your in laws are wrong and some here are not.

:lmao::lmao:

You're beyond help.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The weather. Here is one point. PARCELLS used to study the weather..EVERY WEEK..and then build his gameplan from that. RED barely cared.

I knew if I read this thread long enough someone would blame Garrett for not controlling the weather.

TheJynxedOne

Reaction score
There were some bad calls, but we weren't moving the ball and when we got close we opted for a FG than a TD which at the end of the day ended up back in our hands with plenty of time to drive down and win the game. Would we have been able to do anything better if we hadn't gotten that stupid tripping call? Who knows, but the way the team was playing and the the play calling, I would say not likely!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Takes more than a couple plays to win or lose a game. Did the penalties hurt us? Yes. Did they lose this game? No Outside of the 10 points scored after turnovers the patriots only made 1 of 3 FG's. That tells you had we not made those critical errors they would have scored 3 out of 9 possible points. Now go ask your self why Moore called 7 straight run plays for all positive yards in the 1st half then almost completely abandon the run in the second? That is what cost us the game. Calling passing plays in 4 down territory that went incomplete instead of running so we can go for it on 4th down is why we lost. It was a waste of a drive to go all pass with only 1 run play when te pass was ineffective for the most part.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think the blocked punt was in the 1st quarter and both of the tripping calls were in the 2nd half.

The first tripping penalty was on the third series of the game with the score 0-0. It stopped the drive that lead to the punt that was blocked.

The second one was on the last drive of the game to take away a first down right at the two minute warning. No matter what happened, both those calls benefited the Pats greatly.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Here's what's funny, not ha ha funny, just about every patriots game this season, and probably for most seasons, the talking heads on TV during the week always at some point in time point out a play(s) where the patriots got a call(s) where they didn't see why and/or the plays the refs let go without making the call against the patriots. This has happened so many times where in a close game and the patriots need a score and on a 3rd down Brady is barely touched and the team is flagged for roughing the passer when other QB's get pounded and nothing is called. I'm the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorists but the calls the patriots get and the ones that don't get called on them have made me scratch my head for years.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The first tripping penalty was on the third series of the game with the score 0-0. It stopped the drive that lead to the punt that was blocked.

The second one was on the last drive of the game to take away a first down right at the two minute warning. No matter what happened, both those calls benefited the Pats greatly.

I checked the play by play and I sit corrected on that first tripping call.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Takes more than a couple plays to win or lose a game. Did the penalties hurt us? Yes. Did they lose this game? No Outside of the 10 points scored after turnovers the patriots only made 1 of 3 FG's. That tells you had we not made those critical errors they would have scored 3 out of 9 possible points. Now go ask your self why Moore called 7 straight run plays for all positive yards in the 1st half then almost completely abandon the run in the second? That is what cost us the game. Calling passing plays in 4 down territory that went incomplete instead of running so we can go for it on 4th down is why we lost. It was a waste of a drive to go all pass with only 1 run play when te pass was ineffective for the most part.

I agree. And I think it’s very clear most agree that these penalties didn’t cost us the game anymore than the lack of catches by Cooper, bad weather, bad throws, or numerous other plays. The difference is they are not a normal part of the game. That is, outside the rules.

What is happening here is a discussion of two penalties that also hurt our chance of winning. And unlike many of the other factors they are nearly impossible to prepare for and the remarkable nature of these two penalties is all too familiar.

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree. And I think it’s very clear most agree that these penalties didn’t cost us the game anymore than the lack of catches by Cooper, bad weather, bad throws, or numerous other plays. The difference is they are not a normal part of the game. That is, outside the rules.

What is happening here is a discussion of two penalties that also hurt our chance of winning. And unlike many of the other factors they are nearly impossible to prepare for and the remarkable nature of these two penalties is all too familiar.

You account for it like any penalty regardless if it should be called or not.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You account for it like any penalty regardless if it should be called or not.
What do you mean? It was accounted for and the returns say they were bull****;)

And that’s what we’re discussing. Why these unparalleled calls happen to one team.

It’s frustrating to some so we like to discuss it to relieve some frustration and attempt to understand why it happens.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
There is never one single reason, however, why should we as fans/NFL tolerate such utter incompetence (and maybe something far worse) from refs?
EVERY penalty should be reviewable. A ref up in the both can call down and say, “lame call Bozo, pick the flag up and give Dallas the 1st down they earned”

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
What do you mean? It was accounted for and the returns say they were bull****;)

And that’s what we’re discussing. Why these unparalleled calls happen to one team.

It’s frustrating to some so we like to discuss it to relieve some frustration and attempt to understand why it happens.
You account for penalties? Okay! Actually, maybe we should since it seems like we get more than our fair share of crappy calls.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
EVERY penalty should be reviewable. A ref up in the both can call down and say, “lame call Bozo, pick the flag up and give Dallas the 1st down they earned”
Right. That’s exactly how it should happen. I’d only add that the lead guy on the booth should have to answer to to media and teams for transparency.

The thing is it would likely speed up games. We all know if it’s a bad call or good call within a 30 seconds to a minute.