Refuse to get Excited

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Every year I get excited about the new season. I listen to and read all the talk from Jerry and the coaches and players and as usual I am disappointed. After all it’s been how many years? Last year I refused to get excited and they actually had a good year until they stumbled in the first round. So it’s a wait-and-see approach for me!

Getting to the wild card game and losing is the Jones boys staple, par for the course. Wake me up when this organization does something meaningful. Until then I’m n a Jones boys slumber.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes, no more snake oil. I'm all stocked up. Then I start watching hype videos and all good sense goes out the window. Lol

CashMan

Reaction score
Every year I get excited about the new season. I listen to and read all the talk from Jerry and the coaches and players and as usual I am disappointed. After all it’s been how many years? Last year I refused to get excited and they actually had a good year until they stumbled in the first round. So it’s a wait-and-see approach for me!
How much money have you spent on Dallas Cowboys gear since last year?

morat1959

Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you buddy, but the cowboys won’t be drafting a qb no matter how bad we are. Guess you can go ahead and be disappointed like all the others.

Yes, we’re very lucky. If we didn’t then it would be 4-6 wins. :)
What difference does it make? 4 wins is the same as 14 if you don’t get to the big dance.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's a tidbit to excite your juices -- Dak has found a new passing delivery to make his deep balls accurate, but it's a "Classified Secret." :lmao:

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I can enjoy the nfl season regardless of what cowboys do.
I always pick some other teams to root for. some times they win SB

Dallas is always interesting, so they are fun to watch win or lose. I have no expectations with them.

But I have to say it isnt all about the SB, there is more to it than that. If dallas gets to playoffs , and loses, that is better than 17 other teams that
dont make playoffs at all, sometimes for decade or so. the fans of those teams are the unlucky ones.

plasticman

Reaction score
Don't I wish sometimes......

After 52 years as a Cowboys fan the excitement of a new season is a pre-set alarm hardwired into my body clock.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

What good is being a fan if you don't let yourself get a little bit excited about the possibilities? Everyone is 0-0 at the start of the season and until the games are played it could be anyone's year. One of these times it will be our turn again. :flagwave:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Never understood the angry casual fans who attack other fans for being ultra-emotional over a game. What do you care? If you're a fan who can turn the game off and not think about it until next Sunday, you get a cookie. If someone watches a game and it ruins half of their week, what do you care? When I was a kid, a bad loss...ANY loss, would ruin Mon, Tues, Wed, and most of Thurs before I started to get up for the next game. That's because I didn't really have pressing things to worry about other than homework. As an adult? Well, adult life and decades of losing lessens the pain...maybe ruins my entire Monday and a portion of Tuesday, depending on the severity. Point is, I'm still hardcore. But we're all fans, and it seems to me the ones who are "too busy" to worry about a football game have plenty of time to sit in here and call fans out for spending too much time thinking about a game.

To the point of the post, I have no expectations for this season. This is as bleak as I have felt going into a season in probably the last 7 years or so. Nothing would surprise me except winning a lot.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score

If Dak is still the QB and Moore is still calling the plays u better not get excited

jnday

Reaction score
I haven’t got excited before a season in 25 years. I have no confidence in Jerry buildings a winning team.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I stopped getting excited after the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons.
I'm just a very casual fan anymore because Jerry and Stephen are just casual owners.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Preseason or no preseason, how can a person get all excited when those yellows flags are flying all over the place. The coaching on this team is flat *** horrible. The players on this team don't have a clue about what they can and can't do on a football field. Denver kicked this teams *** for three days and they showed us what backups are suppose to look like on a football field. I know it was the first preseason game, but the players with the stars on their helmets looked like they've never been in a training camp before because they got tore up from the floor up!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So tell me, Clarice.

Who impressed you from this game? Who disappointed you?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Preseason or no preseason, how can a person get all excited when those yellows flags are flying all over the place. The coaching on this team is flat *** horrible. The players on this team don't have a clue about what they can and can't do on a football field. Denver kicked this teams *** for three days and they showed us what backups are suppose to look like on a football field. I know it was the first preseason game, but the players with the stars on their helmets looked like they've never been in a training camp before because they got tore up from the floor up!
The flags are going to happen with this team as long and until McCarthy gets it in line.

This is not Green Bay.