Reggie Bush

MC KAos

Reaction score
hes not gonna be that good, just my opinion, he is the most overrated player i can ever remember. like i said i think hell be like warrick dunn, if hes lucky hell be almost as good as tiki

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
He is the reigning Heisman winner. Of course he has more interest in him than some other rookie.

rgcowboys

Reaction score
The Reggie Bush hype will continue. You have to understand that the NFL wants this hype for New Orleans. That city was destroyed and people lost everything. Bush has alot of talent and it brings excitement and money into that city. What did you expect. The question should be what did Houston get for not picking him?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos said:
hes not gonna be that good, just my opinion, he is the most overrated player i can ever remember. like i said i think hell be like warrick dunn, if hes lucky hell be almost as good as tiki

^^Never watched him much in college, did you?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think he'll do well. How well is a very big question. However two plays tonight doesn't warrant all the coverage. Hey, it's their show though.

To be fair to ESPN they gave us our due IMO.

MC KAos

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

i watched him tear up some of the worst defenses in the country that call the pac 10 home. you think he would have been nearly as good in the SEC??? he would have gotten destroyed, just like he did today, if teams had speed to stop him.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos said:
i watched him tear up some of the worst defenses in the country that call the pac 10 home. you think he would have been nearly as good in the SEC??? he would have gotten destroyed, just like he did today, if teams had speed to stop him.

YAWN... Good Football exists north of the mason dixon, too. Sorry if you missed the memo.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

:hammer:

Most of these guys only watched the Rose Bowl or the other bowl games he played in. Everything else was a sportscenter highlight. I lived in LA for his USC career. All I gotta say is he was amazing in college. Sometimes that doesn't translate into NFL success, but IMO he's got a better shot than Dunn, Faulk, other RBs who are similar in stature and moves. If they can succeed, no reason he can't.

Kevlee06

Reaction score
MC KAos said:

Warrick Dunn? I'm missing something. Is it because of his size you're comparing him to Dunn? Because they're two different type backs. Don't forget Bush was one of the strongest RB's at the combine (24 reps if I remember). He's not your typical 205 lb back. He is very strong for his size which also helps in making him special.

He's better than Warrick Dunn RIGHT NOW! He's better RIGHT NOW than Warrick Dunn has ever been. There is really no comparison between the two.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
MC KAos said:

I don't care what conference a guy plays in 500 all purpose yards in one game is impressive

Natedawg44

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
OMG... First of all, nothing was ever proven against Bush in that rent free scenario. Secondly, what's wrong with asking the NFL to change rules so you can wear a number. They changed it for WRs, no harm in asking... who cares about wearing improper uniforms, guys do it all the time.

And finally and probably most importantly... I WANT a RB who wants to be the best all time... Why wouldn't you??

Did you also see the story on all the things Bush has done in the past 5 months for Katrina victims?? Forgot to mention that huh? Why the hatred for the guy? I don't understand it
So the Bush's family lived rent free in exchange for endorsing New Era was just made up? Total fabrication. whatever.
What's wrong with asking the NFL to change numbers for you? If you are Reggie Bush, you haven't done a damn thing yet. Nothing. Troy Hambrick has done loads more that you in the NFL at this point. Think about that for a moment.
For being the best of all time. He needs to take a little perspective and realize it would be an honor to even be mentioned with those guys, not expect that he will be better than someone like Walter Payton. He already flunked that he will never be the person Walter Payton was.
Katrina Victims? the PR machine rolls on.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
:rolleyes:
Have you been watching ESPN lately...?? It's all Boys all the time.

i said this (bush coverage) has nothing to do with the boys (or coverage of the 'boys)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
So the Bush's family lived rent free in exchange for endorsing New Era was just made up? Total fabrication. whatever.
The story was it was an agent who wanted his parents to get Reggie to sign with him when he got out of school. Where are you getting New Era??
What's wrong with asking the NFL to change numbers for you? If you are Reggie Bush, you haven't done a damn thing yet. Nothing. Troy Hambrick has done loads more that you in the NFL at this point. Think about that for a moment.
WTH does that have to do with ANYTHING?? Some people are so sensitive... I mean really, you got all up in a huff because he asked them to change the rules so he could have his number?? Have you heard of guys who buy numbers from other players on the team? Is that not ok?? Just seems like you're looking for a reason to hate the guy.
For being the best of all time. He needs to take a little perspective and realize it would be an honor to even be mentioned with those guys, not expect that he will be better than someone like Walter Payton. He already flunked that he will never be the person Walter Payton was.
Katrina Victims? the PR machine rolls on.
Nice Double Standard you got there... Walter Payton was a great guy, no argument there. Buthow do you think you found out about that.... hmm PR maybe?? So Reggie does some humanitarian work which typically brings favorable opinions from the public, and you fault the guy for using a "PR machine..." Makes sense:rolleyes:

And like it or not, most rookies come into the league with confidence that they can make it into the league. Most of the time the great ones have the goal to be great. I know Emmitt Smith wanted to be the best of all time. But you don't fault him for that. Again, looks like you just want to hate the guy. Must be a UCLA, ND, Vince Young fan who developed an irrational disgust for the guy.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
chinch said:

i said this (bush coverage) has nothing to do with the boys (or coverage of the 'boys)

Wasn't your angle the "ESPN hates the Cowboys" angle?? If not I apologize, but that's what it looked like, and that was what I was responding to.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
jobberone said:
I think he'll do well. How well is a very big question. However two plays tonight doesn't warrant all the coverage.

Sure it does.

And I am being completely serious.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Wasn't your angle the "ESPN hates the Cowboys" angle?? If not I apologize, but that's what it looked like, and that was what I was responding to.
no.

apology accepted :)