Reggie Robinson back to safety again?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You are the one that interjected. Now you go megalomania when you get a response. You are so desperate to big time me on a message board. :laugh:

I am more interested in the discussion at hand. I am looking forward to the coming preseason so we can get a chance to watch Robinson play defense.

Ping me when the preseason starts and I’ll clue you in on which Robinson to watch.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I just don’t see any way that Canady makes the team. Maybe he does if Joseph is an abject failure. He won’t play special teams and cutting him saves $1.2M against the cap.
Why wouldn't Canaday play STs, he's always been a STs player and was considered a pretty good one when he signed last year.

quickccc

Reaction score
Why wouldn't Canaday play STs, he's always been a STs player and was considered a pretty good one when he signed last year.

Is Canaday still on the team roster ?.. or was it just a year deal that he opted out of in 2020 ?
Did Canaday sign on for more than just a year deal ?

i believe we recently re-signed Dorian Thompson again too.
He was a starter at SS, whose abysmal performance on defense lost him his starting job to Wilson who performed just the opposite as Thompson did.
But the team apparently still liked his work on special teams. i don't have him making the roster this time around, ..but who knows but 53 man cut time.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

I didn’t know that, my bad.

I still think that he only makes the team if Joseph blows it. Again, pick 5 or 6 from:

Trevon Diggs, Kelvin Joseph, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, C.J. Goodwin, Maurice Canady, Nahshan Wright, Israel Mukuamu, Reggie Robinson. That’s 9 players.

I think we can agree that Diggs and Joseph are locks. Brown and Wright are too, barring something crazy. If Canady does play special teams, I could potentially see him beating out Goodwin or making the team opposite Diggs if Joseph isn’t ready.

My prediction is: Diggs, Joseph, Brown, Goodwin, Wright with Lewis moving to safety.

And so as not to hijack the thread, I can’t come up with a single scenario where Robinson makes the team at corner.

jnday

Reaction score

I still think that he only makes the team if Joseph blows it. Again, pick 5 or 6 from:

Trevon Diggs, Kelvin Joseph, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, C.J. Goodwin, Maurice Canady, Nahshan Wright, Israel Mukuamu, Reggie Robinson. That’s 9 players.

I think we can agree that Diggs and Joseph are locks. Brown and Wright are too, barring something crazy. If Canady does play special teams, I could potentially see him beating out Goodwin or making the team opposite Diggs if Joseph isn’t ready.

My prediction is: Diggs, Joseph, Brown, Goodwin, Wright with Lewis moving to safety.

And so as not to hijack the thread, I can’t come up with a single scenario where Robinson makes the team at corner.
From what I have read, Robinson has been moved back to safety. I would just be happy to see him on the field at any position. Robinson should have played during some of the games last year just for the chance to evaluate him. The constant moving is not fair to the player. Moving between the two positions nearly ruined Byron Jones while he was in Dallas. Many fans had labeled him as a bust while he was playing safety.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
From what I have read, Robinson has been moved back to safety. I would just be happy to see him on the field at any position. Robinson should have played during some of the games last year just for the chance to evaluate him. The constant moving is not fair to the player. Moving between the two positions nearly ruined Byron Jones while he was in Dallas. Many fans had labeled him as a bust while he was playing safety.

I generally agree - I guess it depends how much you trust our coaches.

If you do, it might just be that he looked so absolutely dreadful in practice that there was no way they could get him any snaps on game day.

If you don’t, it could have been a defensive coordinator was coaching for his job and didn’t want to give a rookie snaps because he could make a mistake.

I do agree that it’s unfair to move players constantly but that was Robinson’s only route to a roster spot. If he stayed at corner, he wouldn’t have made the 53-man roster.

The same can be said for Mukuamu - I think that kid is a keeper but there just isn’t much hope of him making the team if he stays at cornerback this year. But at 6’4, he’s exactly what Quinn wants at corner and he’ll be back playing corner in 2022 even if he has to spend a year at safety.

See what I mean? It’s not so easy.

quickccc

Reaction score

Should anyone see statements from coaches or players on this (Reggie remaining at safety) .. or Lewis moving to safety - please post a link, because i have not yet heard this coming
from those two aforementioned sources. It seems to be just either media or fan speculation.

But thus far, from recentl years it's been CB turn safety conversion experiments , or late round prospects ala Xavier or Wilson.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Is Canaday still on the team roster ?.. or was it just a year deal that he opted out of in 2020 ?
Did Canaday sign on for more than just a year deal ?

i believe we recently re-signed Dorian Thompson again too.
He was a starter at SS, whose abysmal performance on defense lost him his starting job to Wilson who performed just the opposite as Thompson did.
But the team apparently still liked his work on special teams. i don't have him making the roster this time around, ..but who knows but 53 man cut time.
Yes, Canaday signed a 1 year deal last season and then opted out so he's still on their training camp roster. His $200K signing bonus counted last season so I think his salary is the only cap hit this year if he makes the team. He's kind of an unknown. He was signed due to good coverage grades, STs ability and relatively cheap but with a new DC there may not be room for him this year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure Robinson ever moved back to CB, which would be necessary to be able to say now that he has moved back to safety. The most I could find online was something that indicated the Cowboys had talked this offseason about moving him back to CB, but after drafting a few CB's that probably isn't the plan.

quickccc

Reaction score

9 DBs

CBs
1 Diggs
2 Johnson
3 Brown
4 Wright
5 Goodwin (Robinson)

Safeties:
1 Wilson
2 Kazee
3 Lewis ?
4 Hearst/Israel Mukuamu ?

yeh i dont even have Cannaday or Dorian Thompson making the team.
Having Lewis, Goodwin and Robinson makes it a tougher logjam at CB,. i just don't see a 3rd pick draftee in Wright Not making the team