Reggie Robinson

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by chicago JK, May 1, 2021.

1. Techsass

Techsass Well-Known Member

3,490 Messages
    4,612 Likes Received
    I thought ST was his specialty. Didn't he have 4 blocked punts?

2. Dextor Clinkscales

Dextor Clinkscales Member

29 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    It should never be said that a player "can't play" until at least December of his second year. Connor McGovern is an excellent example. Did nothing his first year. Completely invisible. He had a new coaching staff come in on top of that. When he finally got a chance to play, we saw that he was working behind the scenes, on a strength program and studying the craft. And he played pretty well IMO.

3. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

19,244 Messages
    17,171 Likes Received
    ST is so important to being active on Sunday
    Any smart player not a first round pick should be chasing the ST coach around day one of camp
    That can be the difference in being on a team or not for a late round pick

Techsass likes this.
  4. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

4,863 Messages
    6,422 Likes Received
    It is a question mark about Robinson. What is the problem? He has the tools. Look at his combine numbers. He is 6'1", 205 lbs. Good size. He ran a 4.44 40, 36 inch vertical, 22 reps, 132" broad jump. 7.09 3-cone and 4.18 shuttle. Those are all very good numbers for a CB, and excellent numbers for a Safety. Maybe he is not too smart and struggled with the change of position? I don't think he was very physical in college so maybe he is soft. I think this year he is on the bubble.

But we have to be realistic, Wright and Mukuamu are not exactly top of the class athletes either. Robinsons still has a chance to become a player.

Techsass likes this.
  5. cowboyz

cowboyz Well-Known Member

1,921 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    i feel the offseason is still overrated. the issue was the fa they brought in were trash, and both linebackers were trash

6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

15,378 Messages
    11,241 Likes Received
    It is weird that he didn't get ANY playing time and they preferred the likes of Saivion Smith and Rashad Robinson in a historically bad season.

Hope he's not a lost cause but things aren't looking good for him.

Techsass likes this.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

57,791 Messages
    61,779 Likes Received
    Agree although we needed him badly last year and I don’t think he ever played.

His talent stood out in the senior bowl.

If he develops into anything than I’ll be happy at this point. I’ve heard nothing about the guy.

8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

65,613 Messages
    127,572 Likes Received
    Shout out to that time Fat Mike told us he's only interested in talent, that he'll scheme around it and the Cowboys have acquired the same type of cornerbacks since.

TheDude, BigTimeBlues and tm1119 like this.
  9. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

8,423 Messages
    6,444 Likes Received
    Could even be both...but I think the writing may be on the wall for Anthony Brown. Doesn’t really fit Quinn’s prototype and Lewis was just resigned to play the slot.

10. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

5,821 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    WE have no idea if he can play or not. Nolan had him learn a new position without an off-season. Let's see how he plays his more natural position at corner before we make judgement. Think is will be the team's #4 outside CB this yr.

11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

57,791 Messages
    61,779 Likes Received
    He’s a nickel guy.. Anthony Brown is fine. They won’t ask him to line up out wide.

12. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

21,486 Messages
    19,626 Likes Received
    Effectively, this is going to be Reggies rookie year. Last year was a throw away because of how they misused him,among a host of other reasons. We should learn alot about him.

13. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

28,486 Messages
    24,461 Likes Received
    I think you are right, this may be an unfair or incorrect conclusion. ;)

14. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,307 Messages
    31,012 Likes Received
    If RR makes the team, this was a bad draft.

I never did understand why people were high on him. Looked like a 4th round dart throw to me. Doesn't have the physical skillset to remain at CB. It's S or bust. Looks like we got a couple more just like him.

15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

49,535 Messages
    51,575 Likes Received
    The Cowboys veterans were struggling to learn and implement Nolan's scheme.

The last thing they needed was a rookie mid-round pick from a small school playing any significant snaps.

Robinson should get a fresh start in the new scheme.

BourbonBalz likes this.
  16. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

9,914 Messages
    8,246 Likes Received
    McCarthy has proven to be a charleton. He bought 2 years of " let's get let the guy who built inhereted the LOB and recreate it"

Just need .....pffffffff....3 years?

Risen Star likes this.
  17. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

18,574 Messages
    28,930 Likes Received
    I hope there was just a misevaluation by the previous coaching staff. Hopefully, it's not an issue like the kid doesn't understand assignments or something.

18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

45,160 Messages
    22,813 Likes Received
    :laugh:

cowboyec likes this.
  19. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,307 Messages
    31,012 Likes Received
    Stiff hips. He can't mirror receivers. He was never going to make it as a corner. Also lacks instincts and burst.

20. steve_treptow

steve_treptow Active Member

235 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Question - are them moving him back to corner? Thought I saw a story about pumping the breaks on that idea.