Reggie Robinson

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by chicago JK, May 1, 2021.

1. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

2,381 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Robinson needs some game action, I felt he didn't have much of a chance with Nolan. We'll see what this year brings, but the Cowboys love position flex and Robinson can probably play some Corner and Safety. His best chance though is at safety.

2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

32,660 Messages
    16,661 Likes Received
    Brown fits the prototype better than Lewis. But that prototype is for the outside. He has less length and smaller guys in the slot and FS at least in the past.

3. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,817 Messages
    31,530 Likes Received
    He'll be cut as a corner.

4. JMech

JMech Well-Known Member

415 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Hey, don’t ask difficult questions. Nice hair?

kskboys likes this.
  5. kskboys

28,817 Messages
    31,530 Likes Received
    Re: Reggie: Why does everyone ignore the elephant in the room? Seriously, RR lacks physical ability. Yet, you guys just keep passing this info over and declaring he's a CB.

Do you guys really not comprehend physical skillsets? I mean, this one is obvious. He was a terrible pick, tho since it was a 4th, whatever.

6. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

19,147 Messages
    9,508 Likes Received
    probably true....he is too stiff and poor technique and footwork to play CB, they tried to move him to saftey, where he would have to read and react to the QB and plays in front of him and seemingly didn't work out, so they moved him back to CB...

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    kskboys likes this.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

48,776 Messages
    42,335 Likes Received
    During the draft show I heard them say Quinn saw Robinson and wondered why the hell he was playing safety or moved to safety. He seemed to like him as corner. I wouldn't rule him out just yet.

8. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

14,705 Messages
    21,457 Likes Received
    No it's not great but off the top of my head I can think of a few we hit on, Dak, Brady James, Hitchens, Jabril Cox (I'm excited about him lol)

I think he will get a clean slate and Quinn and company will give him an opportunity. Hopefully he makes the most of it.

Otherwise you might be right. In such a piss poor season we should've seen him get some run.

9. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    Same for Bradley Anea....

10. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

6,868 Messages
    11,972 Likes Received
    Right now Robinson looks like a miss. I know the Cowboys switched him to safety late in the year and he forced a fumble on special teams against the Eagles once he finally got into a game, but for a 4th round pick he really disappointed.

11. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

10,251 Messages
    5,481 Likes Received
    You missed your calling. You obviously should be an NFL scout. :laugh:

12. kskboys

28,817 Messages
    31,530 Likes Received
    Aw hades no, I checked multiple scouting reports, and they pretty much agreed.

13. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

10,251 Messages
    5,481 Likes Received
    As has been repeatedly mentioned, last year was a bad one for all rookies. No off season, limited practice rime, and for us a total defensive scheme change. Some of you guys seen to think every draft pick is supposed to step right in immediately. Damn, give these guys at least a little time.

CT Dal Fan likes this.
  14. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

6,868 Messages
    11,972 Likes Received
    I agree with you, but I'm just going off the fact the Cowboys signed three safeties in free agency and drafted three cornerbacks. That's not a good sign for Robinson; even though you can never have enough bodies in the secondary. Dallas got contributions from four of their first five draft picks last year (Lamb, Diggs, Gallimore, Biadasz) and Robinson seemed like the odd man out.

But make no mistake, I'm rooting for the kid and hope he makes me eat my words.

BourbonBalz likes this.
  15. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

19,272 Messages
    30,126 Likes Received
    In the press conference, Quinn made note that the whole length thing was just as a basis not as a rule which makes sense given the fact the team resigned Jourdan Lewis.

16. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

6,411 Messages
    5,412 Likes Received
    I hope he gets a shot in PS games