Relax

EST_1986

Reaction score
How many screen passes to Murray did you see tonight? You have defense that is going to blitz the crap out of you, make them pay. I saw one screen pass the whole game and that was from Weedend. Is Romo paying attention that he is about to be blitzed?

Obviously not. He was taking a beating from the free rusher constantly. On that last 2 minute drive I'm not sure why Romo didn't throw the quick screen to Dez instead of Twill, Dez is way more of a threat run after catch.

Ren

Reaction score
Sunday is a crossroads type game, if we come out prepared and have cleaned up a lot of the crap from this game then this loss won't matter much. Lay another egg by making the same mistakes again and this season could spiral out of control pretty quick

Ender

Reaction score
How many screen passes to Murray did you see tonight? You have defense that is going to blitz the crap out of you, make them pay. I saw one screen pass the whole game and that was from Weedend. Is Romo paying attention that he is about to be blitzed?

Way to many changes at the LOS. None of which worked

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Obviously not. He was taking a beating from the free rusher constantly. On that last 2 minute drive I'm not sure why Romo didn't throw the quick screen to Dez instead of Twill, Dez is way more of a threat run after catch.

This is just one of those games where he doesn't think. I have noticed along with his physically decline he is also having a mental decline. We can't afford that come playoff time.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Way to many changes at the LOS. None of which worked

I would say not enough changes at the LOS. He sees the blitz and does nothing about it over and over again. I don't think Romo threw even one screen pass all night. We did nothing to nullify the blitz. Just dumb.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Wow, Washington sent 5 players on 60% of plays last night. Why didn't we max protect, again? We were outcoached... point blank. And Romo needed to make adjustments to counter that attack.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I look silly by noting that this team has a tendency to abandon the run over the last 4 years, about 60 games worth of evidence. While you suggest the last 6 games are more indicative of the tendencies of this team. Ok, i'll look silly. You win.

Don't lie about what you said. You said romo kept audibling out of the run into pass last night. As if you knew that. I asked for evidence and you simply don't have it.

So yes. You lose.

Ender

Reaction score
I would say not enough changes at the LOS. He sees the blitz and does nothing about it over and over again. I don't think Romo threw even one screen pass all night. We did nothing to nullify the blitz. Just dumb.

We'll i would agree with you that it wasnt enough if Romo actually adjusted the play to screens, quick pitches, or some type of play quick play that could beat the blitz. He didnt though.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
We'll i would agree with you that it wasnt enough if Romo actually adjusted the play to screens, quick pitches, or some type of play quick play that could beat the blitz. He didnt though.

Bingo. Poor team play all around. Coaches, Romo, defense, offense, etc. You expect more out of the so-called leader on the team though. He has to see those blitzes and change plays to nullify them.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I have to agree with this.

This is what happens when you play a desperate team, who is not scared to lose anything. They took chances other teams were scared to take. 0 Coverage, blitz, and leave Dez all alone.

We failed to change our protection, and take advantage of dez 1 on 1.

This is why I say we are nothing without Dez. We let Dez walk........ O-line/Murray or not, this is how teams will respect us game in game out. They will play 0, blitz the run/Romo, and force him to throw it to Williams/Harris. Recipe for disaster.

We can now make the proper adjustments, and take advantage of a few deep balls with Dez when this happens, and burn a few teams.

Until then, we got exposed.

Dez did not have one of his better games last night. Had drops, couldn't get open on single coverage, for the most part.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think relax is not for the team.. its for these crazy bi-polar posters....

first they were super sad, than super giddy, now super scared...
its football.... the team is solid, but has holes.... but don't cliff dive after one game.

There is nothing wrong with concern. A real concern.

Game on the line. Coach to coach. Making a run deep will not be likely.

Note: I am still very much enjoying this new team. Just don't like the stupid chit.