RELEASED Released players, roster trimmed to 80

fivetwos

Reaction score
wait, sprinkle got waived. there were a bunch here swearing that he can have better production than Schultz and we shouldn't have franchised Schultz. hmmm
I only read about 70% of what's written here because threads often turn into people insulting each other, which doesn't interest me.

Otherwise I'd object. I saw plenty of posts suggesting other players could replace Schultz, but not Sprinkle. I missed those.

I can see why they like the upside of Ferguson and Hendershot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Depending the severity of it, he will revert to IR, and I can see them keeping him on it all year.
However if it’s his last year of his contract maybe not. Unless there is a clause into allowing him to stay next off season.
Not sure what the benefit would be from it.
Doubt that,

Furgeson has already got the #2 spot and McKeon also will be battling Hendershot. Sprinkles gone..no need to waste and IR sport they are, limited i believe.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think we can IR as many players as needed, but not sure.
maybe its the short term IR vs long term one you can bring back player the other you can't and some have to be ON the game 1 rosters 53 to be added to it..im no expert but there are rules about

i don't believe sprinkle needs protection LOL

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
maybe its the short term IR vs long term one you can bring back player the other you can't and some have to be ON the game 1 rosters 53 to be added to it..im no expert but there are rules about

Yes, and he'd probably be a long term IR player.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doubt that,

Furgeson has already got the #2 spot and McKeon also will be battling Hendershot. Sprinkles gone..no need to waste and IR sport they are, limited i believe.
I think we can IR as many players as needed, but not sure.

Yes it is unlimited, but they do count against the cap. The amount is how the contract is written as to injury clauses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes it is unlimited, but they do count against the cap. The amount is how the contract is written as to injury clauses.
long term IR maybe not short term with bringing them back in season and i believe rule is they have to be on current roster intially game 1 before these short term moves can be made. The NFL is not stupid, they know about stashing players and made rules to help keep that from becoming rampid.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
For the final cut I would get rid of Ben DiNucci and Cooper Rush and only keep 2 QBs. We can pick those guys up later for the PS.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
long term IR maybe not short term with bringing them back in season and i believe rule is they have to be on current roster intially game 1 before these short term moves can be made. The NFL is not stupid, they know about stashing players and made rules to help keep that from becoming rampid.

Yes I know this.
There is still no limit after game one of adding players to the IR. They can designate as for the season or short. I believe the limitation is how many they can actually activate.
They use to have to designate which players on short term. Such as when Tony Romo was on IR, and was limited to 2 players.

Last I knew they did not have to designate which players when added, only that they are limited to how many could be brought back, it maybe 4 players. Unless they changed that rule again.
They change this each season it seems.
Just like the PS players, they pretty much kept it at 16 again, and used to be 6 could be vet players. not sure if that is limited now, but they did say there is no PS limit as to how many years they can be on it.
Remember Jamielle Showers, after 4 years he no longer could be on it. Now he could make a living off of it since they liked him so well for some reason.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mosley is interesting because he's better than #36. I also thought Sam was decent. Cowboys gonna let go of some talented players.
Some years they ended up signing early cut guys to the practice squad and not signing guys at the same position that didn't get cut until the final round of cuts.

Some teams have the theory that other teams are less likely to make waiver claims for the early cuts.

Not saying that will happen, but it has happened before.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Depending the severity of it, he will revert to IR, and I can see them keeping him on it all year.
However if it’s his last year of his contract maybe not. Unless there is a clause into allowing him to stay next off season.
Not sure what the benefit would be from it.

Because Sprinkle was waived injured before the cut to 53 date, he will revert to IR if unclaimed.
- They then have to option to give him an injury settlement based on the estimated time to recover or keep him on IR.
- Because he was exposed to waivers, it is possible that he could return during the season despite not being on initial 53.
- When the teams want to protect the player (avoid exposing to waivers), then the player must be on the initial 53 to be eligible to return.
- They also have the option to move a player to IR on cut day without taking up a spot on the 53 and without exposing to waivers; however, the player cannot return for the season.

Recap:
1: Cut prior to cut day. Exposed to waivers.
2: Makes the initial 53, then moved to IR the following day.
3: Moved to IR on cut day with protected status.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because Sprinkle was waived injured before the cut to 53 date, he will revert to IR if unclaimed.
- They then have to option to give him an injury settlement based on the estimated time to recover or keep him on IR.
- Because he was exposed to waivers, it is possible that he could return during the season despite not being on initial 53.
- When the teams want to protect the player (avoid exposing to waivers), then the player must be on the initial 53 to be eligible to return.
- They also have the option to move a player to IR on cut day without taking up a spot on the 53 and without exposing to waivers; however, the player cannot return for the season.

Recap:
1: Cut prior to cut day. Exposed to waivers.
2: Makes the initial 53, then moved to IR the following day.
3: Moved to IR on cut day with protected status.

Good summary.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I know this.
There is still no limit after game one of adding players to the IR. They can designate as for the season or short. I believe the limitation is how many they can actually activate.
They use to have to designate which players on short term. Such as when Tony Romo was on IR, and was limited to 2 players.

Last I knew they did not have to designate which players when added, only that they are limited to how many could be brought back, it maybe 4 players. Unless they changed that rule again.
They change this each season it seems.
Just like the PS players, they pretty much kept it at 16 again, and used to be 6 could be vet players. not sure if that is limited now, but they did say there is no PS limit as to how many years they can be on it.
Remember Jamielle Showers, after 4 years he no longer could be on it. Now he could make a living off of it since they liked him so well for some reason.
@blueblood70

Yes, not limit on the numbers of players on IR.

There is a limit on how many can return from IR.

Limit:
Prior to Covid: 2
Covid until 2022: Unlimited
2022: 8

blueblood70

Reaction score
@blueblood70

Yes, not limit on the numbers of players on IR.

There is a limit on how many can return from IR.

Limit:
Prior to Covid: 2
Covid until 2022: Unlimited
2022: 8
well the fact we are having way too long a thread on a player like sprinkles shows the level of boredom in here right now LOL i have a headache now decided IDC LOL

there will be far bigger shocking releases with hot debates coming next week,

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well the fact we are having way too long a thread on a player like sprinkles shows the level of boredom in here right now LOL i have a headache now decided IDC LOL

there will be far bigger shocking releases with hot debates coming next week,

Can't wait.......................for the season to start that is. :laugh:
When is the final cut down date. I can't remember. I guess I could use google. :muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can't wait.......................for the season to start that is. :laugh:
When is the final cut down date. I can't remember. I guess I could use google. :muttley:
Tuesday evening but then the fun begins bottom churning before game 1..lots of small changes

only position for me is OL,

OLT /swing tackle is the glaring need for us. Other than that, i see the starting 22 being pretty easy and say 49 of the 53 somewhat clear to our staff. PS will have some solid talent on it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Some years they ended up signing early cut guys to the practice squad and not signing guys at the same position that didn't get cut until the final round of cuts.

Some teams have the theory that other teams are less likely to make waiver claims for the early cuts.

Not saying that will happen, but it has happened before.
Yeah, and this way they know if the guy will be available.