Remaining moves I would make

Carson

Reaction score
I'd be focused on re-signings:

OG Jonathan Cooper
CB Brandon Carr
DE Demarcus Ware

I would bring McFadden back over Morris too, but I'm in no rush.

I'm behind this. Maybe toss in Corey Graham or Chris Long.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm behind this. Maybe toss in Corey Graham or Chris Long.

I thought about Graham as an option too. But I don't see where Chris Long fits in Dallas. He's more of a SDE type, and I think we have several of those, while it's the WDE we're lacking.

basstapp

Reaction score
Cooper -OG
Bennie Logan - DT
Patterson - WR/KR
Mo - CB

Opens us up to do whatever we want in the draft and not focus on a particular position.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Let Mo walk, he is ok when he is playing but he misses too many games and just takes up a roster spot in the end. After injury it takes too long for him to get back into the flow, rather have a step less but reliable than sometimey; it at least frees another roster spot.

Brickman2

Reaction score
I know we shouldn't expect a ton of spending and a lot of moves but I think there are a few moves we could make that would take us to the draft in a nice position.

1. Cut or trade Morris and re-sign Mcfadden. I just think Mcfadden is the superior talent and is a better fit for what we need.

2. Sign Aaron Williams Safety. His injury problems should mean a small prove it type of deal. If he can play and put his neck problems behind him it would be a major coup. If not, you haven't lost much.

3. Re-sign Claiborne. I would rather have a part time B+ player that misses time due to injury than a C- player that is always healthy.

4. Re-sign Jonathan Cooper. He gives some flexibility and could be the key to the most major upgrade possible to the team. If he could become the Guard everyone thought he was coming out of college and Collins or Martin move to RT then you have got a huge upgrade over what was already a great O-line.

None of these moves should break the bank. Each is a low-risk/high reward scenario.

Great post GB. I wish you were making the decisions instead of the nitwits in the front office.

Brickman

Questfor6

Reaction score
Aaron Williams
Alterraun Verner
Datone Jones
Rex Burkhead
Jonathan Cooper

Give me those 5 and then go draft BPA

Carson

Reaction score
Roy Miller just released.

100+ tackles and 5 sacks in four seasons.

zack

Reaction score
I'd be focused on re-signings:

OG Jonathan Cooper
CB Brandon Carr
DE Demarcus Ware

I would bring McFadden back over Morris too, but I'm in no rush.

Agree what you got here. Cooper maybe can slide int a starting position and try and let Collins play RT. I know Dallas said that they want to keep him where he is at Guard, but it would be worth a shot. I'm sure he would welcome it as it would be a bigger pay day for him when his contract is up.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Ware can still bend that edge. Come home Demarcus.

tm1119

Reaction score
Bring back 1 of Mo/Carr
Sign D Ware
Sign TJ McDonald or Jairus Byrd

Draft DE, CB, LB, RT in some order in 1st 4 rounds.

Check vet cuts in June for a RT

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ware can still bend that edge. Come home Demarcus.

I think Claiborne and a Safety are the next signings and then Dallas waits out the market for guys like DeMarcus Ware. We will have the cap room and the appeal of playing on a playoff team, I think there are going to be several bargain signings as the offseason goes on for guys like DeMarcus, another DT, an OT and possibly a WR.

Angus12

Reaction score
3. Re-sign Claiborne. I would rather have a part time B+ player that misses time due to injury than a C- player that is always healthy.
An A+ player is an F if he's on the bench when you need him.

I'd rather bring back Carr. You can count on him playing every week.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Bring back 1 of Mo/Carr
Sign D Ware

Agree but I don't think LB is a priority but WR will be more value in this coming draft. It might be an early pick to complete with TWill or a later round guy to compete with Butler but I think that is the position rather than LB.

tm1119

Reaction score
Agree but I don't think LB is a priority but WR will be more value in this coming draft. It might be an early pick to complete with TWill or a later round guy to compete with Butler but I think that is the position rather than LB.

Im not holding my breath on Lee and Jaylon playing any kind of extended time together. And Hitch is a backup and I'm not buying the Nacho/Wilson hype other than as SLB's. I would like to see someone who is capable of making plays at LB brought in to back up the MIKE spot as an insurance for Jaylon

Carson

Reaction score
Bring back 1 of Mo/Carr
Sign D Ware

I would love this. Sign me up