Video: Remember 1992 Week 5 Super Bowl Cowboys Vs Eagles

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
A reminder that even the greatest of teams can get administered a butt-whuppin.

EGTuna

Reaction score
i would compare what happened on Sunday to the 42-7 loss at GB in 2010 that sealed Wade’s fate way more than trying desperately to compare this bunch of overrated pretenders to a legendary team.

Can we just stop clinging to the idea that this team will turn it around and become a legit SB contender? They’ve had 3 shots at SF in the last 21 months, and failed each time with this latest failure being the worst.

It’s time to begin a rebuild, and the sooner the better. But Jerry is an idiot so he’ll cling to straws. Alas.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with what happened Sunday night.

The entire team was not talking all week how this was gonna be a revenge game and then get pie faced into the dirt.

Troy Aikman did not come out and lay an Egg 3 years in a row against that team.

And that team had an owner who stayed out of Football matters and let the football guy he hired run the team ..... Though that was short lived.

Shannon1

Reaction score
i would compare what happened on Sunday to the 42-7 loss at GB in 2010 that sealed Wade’s fate way more than trying desperately to compare this bunch of overrated pretenders to a legendary team.

Can we just stop clinging to the idea that this team will turn it around and become a legit SB contender? They’ve had 3 shots at SF in the last 21 months, and failed each time with this latest failure being the worst.

It’s time to begin a rebuild, and the sooner the better. But Jerry is an idiot so he’ll cling to straws. Alas.
100% correct

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes but that team didn’t lose to a crappy team like Arizona
Actually, it did.
The 8-1 Cowboys were at home to the 3-6 LA Rams and loss 27-23.
It happens.

But ... that Cowboys team was young and on the rise, in its players and staff.
This Cowboys team is getting old and, quite frankly, stagnant.

The 49ers of today more resemble the 90s Cowboys than the current team does.
When Jimmy Johnson was here, the 49ers couldn't beat us.
My ... how things have changed. :(

Reaction score

I don't think this team is a super bowl contender right now either but "overrated pretenders" is hyperbole. The core players of this team form the nucleus of what has been back to back 12 win playoff caliber teams...meaning they aren't 1-15 hot garbage. Also, most of the players on this team are young, so starting over or rebuilding is crazy. The season isn't over, but I think the QB position is not elite, the WR's are inconsistent, and both tackles need to play much better.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
we lost 38-0 when we made SB V. That said though, Dak is not getting us deep in the playoffs. Its hopeless

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

partial rebuild, definitely need a new young qb with upside and while that plays out we will be needing to replace Tyron, Lawrence, Van Der Esch and maybe a couple of others. I dont think we need 2 years at 3-14 or something that drastic

ryanbabs

Reaction score

Spot on. The D may be okay but our O is trash and needs to be rebuilt. It’s time for a reboot. The Dak and Zeke era looked very promising at first but it’s over.

rambo2

Reaction score

How exactly do you do a rebuild?

Qcard

Reaction score
Qcard with his usual brand of drivel

If that team were being QBed by Dak, they would have gone in the crapper
I know it's painful for your brain to watch Troy throw Prescott style tipped INT on a Team loaded with HOFers....which Aikman "carried" :flagwave: :flagwave:

Run along Dak Hater.... Off the Cliff Game 5 Energy in a 17 Game season doesn't scare real Fans!!!

visionary

Reaction score
I know it's painful for your brain to watch Troy throw Prescott style tipped INT on a Team loaded with HOFers....which Aikman "carried" :flagwave: :flagwave:

Run along Dak Hater.... Off the Cliff Game 5 Energy in a 17 Game season doesn't scare real Fans!!!
What your puny little hate filled mind does not grasp is that this was Aikmans 3rd year whereas your loverboy is in his 8th year starting