Video: Remember 1992 Week 5 Super Bowl Cowboys Vs Eagles

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Apparently you missed the point this wasn't the only game Troy Aikman was one of the worst touchdown interception ratios out of all our quarterbacks that's a fact.. We wanna complain about the mistakes by our quarterbacks since aikman especially the current one and the one before him I won't mention their names..

And yet all quarterbacks make these mistakes Josh Allen turns the ball over on a regular basis... We sat and watched Matthew Stafford win a Super Bowl in a year where he had 20 interceptions and yet had two in the zero it somehow they won the game and yet when we don't win the game as against the 49ers with two interceptions from our quarterback we blame the quarterback when really the team made enough mistakes on a whole to lose that game just like the two games this year on the whole team but who are we talking about the most??

That's the point you're missing our team isn't good enough to beat those better teams because they just aren't good enough it has nothing to do with the interceptions those happen late in the game in both the games we lost the game was already decided I'd be frustrated and start chucking the ball up to wherever it lands hoping something happened like a bunch of hail Marys because the game was already decided that's a fact.. The receivers were not getting open there was no run game the offensive line wasn't holding up long enough the defense sucked we had injuries all over the place yet who we keep talking about?? He was supposed to make that miraculous comeback against that defense and that team I mean you act like that team doesn't have a defense similar to buddy Ryan's even though it's a different defense you're telling me that the 49ers and the Eagles and some of the other teams we play don't have really good defenses??
I never said anything bad about the 49ers or Eagles 2023 defense, but come on, that Eagles D under Ryan was brutal. No, the 49ers nor the Eagles defense today is as good as that defense. And I don't even know why you are bring up Aikman in the year he won his first--yes, first--Super Bowl. Year three I believe? Our team stunk it up, but don't act like Dak didn't have a chance to make plays, because he sure did have chances.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That 92 Cowboys team had yet to arrive in week 5 of the season. However, Philly looked dominant. They began to fade some as the season went on while the Cowboys kept getting better and better. By the playoffs the Cowboys were rolling. Hate to burst anyone’s bubble but our current team isn’t anything remotely similar to our 92 team. Our 92 team went on to go 10-2 after that loss to Philly. Our current team might end up going 2-10 the remainder of the season. :laugh: Our current team reminds me of the 2019 team that started off 3-0 and proceeded to go 8-8 and missed the playoffs. This team is going to struggle to win 10 games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I never said anything bad about the 49ers or Eagles 2023 defense, but come on, that Eagles D under Ryan was brutal. No, the 49ers nor the Eagles defense today is as good as that defense. And I don't even know why you are bring up Aikman in the year he won his first--yes, first--Super Bowl. Year three I believe? Our team stunk it up, but don't act like Dak didn't have a chance to make plays, because he sure did have chances.
There weren't many man let's stop the nonsense already dudes were covered up almost all game and when they weren't there wasn't a whole lot of time to throw the football there was no run game you had guys fumbling the football getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage there were penalties all over the place no there weren't enough plays to be made to beat that team on that day with that score sorry Charlie it didn't happen you're making stuff up because you're one of those haters, yes you are..

Kinda ironic you make all these excuses for Troy it wasn't only against the Eagles here I'm gonna post this for you again because people obviously haven't seen it enough and then they start using that era nonsense they comparison it's not the same as it used to be,​
no when you make mistakes in the playoffs those are still mistakes... I don't care who it was against Troy was not a perfect quarterback by any means his team was able to cover up his mistakes just like they were covered up with Matthew Stafford Peyton Manning Brett farve all these other guys who made mistakes in the playoffs and now it's Josh Allen I mean you had Josh Allen have three turnovers in one game and nearly four and they won that game in the playoffs last year oh another guy who had four interceptions in the first half and Trevor Lawrence why is it his team was able to win that game let me know how that works I can tell you how it works better coaching better team surrounding him that was a fact that's also why our defense blew the game we were up 17 against the Jaguars the fourth quarter by the way that Prescott helped us get up by 17 and our defense choked again up 14 against Aaron Rodgers in the fourth quarter defense couldn't make a lot of stops there's a lot of overreaction going on on this whole team coaches offense defense special teams all of it...​

Don't bring that nonsense with excuses for some of the other quarterbacks but none for Prescott get over it get over yourself just like the Arizona game we're missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman there was nobody open most of the game we're not saying never but most of the game this is where the frustrations coming in for the whole team there's just not a lot of plays to be made or they're not being made they're so few and far between it might be a culture shock when the guy comes open lot of drop passes by the tight ends.... as well just wanna add that in there..

enjoy,

roger

td 153-109 ints Playoffs 24td 19INTs(umm none of those critical LMAO) UMM OK

Troy-

165-141 playoffs 23tds-17 INts(right none critical huh?) no way jimmy would have put up with that

Dwhite

155-132 playoffs 15-17 WOW no way TL puts up with mistakes at critical time LOL

Romo

248-117 playoffs 8 tds 2 INts show me the critical INts hmm his td-int ratio is much better

Dak

166-65 playoffs 11-5ints

blueblood70

Reaction score
That 92 Cowboys team had yet to arrive in week 5 of the season. However, Philly looked dominant. They began to fade some as the season went on while the Cowboys kept getting better and better. By the playoffs the Cowboys were rolling. Hate to burst anyone’s bubble but our current team isn’t anything remotely similar to our 92 team. Our 92 team went on to go 10-2 after that loss to Philly. Our current team might end up going 2-10 the remainder of the season. :laugh: Our current team reminds me of the 2019 team that started off 3-0 and proceeded to go 8-8 and missed the playoffs. This team is going to struggle to win 10 games.
And you say things like that and yet we started out three and five and 2018 turned it around went ten and six and went into the second round of the playoffs so yeah it can happen but you keep saying we could be three in 10 we could also turn it around and go on a run I mean it is very possible anything can happen because that's why people are overreacting and all these really really ridiculous overreactive posts on everything wrong from the top down after a three and two start get over it back-to-back twelve win season says we are on that kind of track and three and two is not a big deal we saw that happen with the 49ers last year they were like what 4-4 , I mean didn't the Bengals start out like really bad last year where they two and four end up getting on A roll made the playoffs I mean this is exactly why we need to stop after every game the reactions you can be upset over the loss you can pick apart the game all you want but we start talking about the organization the ownership the GM's the coaching and what needs to be changed and making some really ridiculous recommendations on who we should trade for to replace our quarterback with another quarterback who's not even better and all these other nonsensical post they're just giant overreactions we can talk about this after game 17....a know where we're gonna stand period.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
There weren't many man let's stop the nonsense already dudes were covered up almost all game and when they weren't there wasn't a whole lot of time to throw the football there was no run game you had guys fumbling the football getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage there were penalties all over the place no there weren't enough plays to be made to beat that team on that day with that score sorry Charlie it didn't happen you're making stuff up because you're one of those haters, yes you are..

Kinda ironic you make all these excuses for Troy it wasn't only against the Eagles here I'm gonna post this for you again because people obviously haven't seen it enough and then they start using that era nonsense they comparison it's not the same as it used to be,​
no when you make mistakes in the playoffs those are still mistakes... I don't care who it was against Troy was not a perfect quarterback by any means his team was able to cover up his mistakes just like they were covered up with Matthew Stafford Peyton Manning Brett farve all these other guys who made mistakes in the playoffs and now it's Josh Allen I mean you had Josh Allen have three turnovers in one game and nearly four and they won that game in the playoffs last year oh another guy who had four interceptions in the first half and Trevor Lawrence why is it his team was able to win that game let me know how that works I can tell you how it works better coaching better team surrounding him that was a fact that's also why our defense blew the game we were up 17 against the Jaguars the fourth quarter by the way that Prescott helped us get up by 17 and our defense choked again up 14 against Aaron Rodgers in the fourth quarter defense couldn't make a lot of stops there's a lot of overreaction going on on this whole team coaches offense defense special teams all of it...​

Don't bring that nonsense with excuses for some of the other quarterbacks but none for Prescott get over it get over yourself just like the Arizona game we're missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman there was nobody open most of the game we're not saying never but most of the game this is where the frustrations coming in for the whole team there's just not a lot of plays to be made or they're not being made they're so few and far between it might be a culture shock when the guy comes open lot of drop passes by the tight ends.... as well just wanna add that in there..

enjoy,

roger

td 153-109 ints Playoffs 24td 19INTs(umm none of those critical LMAO) UMM OK

Troy-

165-141 playoffs 23tds-17 INts(right none critical huh?) no way jimmy would have put up with that

Dwhite

155-132 playoffs 15-17 WOW no way TL puts up with mistakes at critical time LOL

Romo

248-117 playoffs 8 tds 2 INts show me the critical INts hmm his td-int ratio is much better

Dak

166-65 playoffs 11-5ints
You totally ignore football history. INT ratios were much higher the farther back you go due to rule differences pertaining to offense and defense. Ignorance of this makes me question your football knowledge, and frankly, your ignorance of cross-era comparison makes you look like a Dak shill. One fact even you can't ignore is that Roger (the Greatest Cowboy ever) and Troy led their teams to multiple Super Bowl victories, while in eight years Dak has led his team nowhere. This does not mean Dak sucks, but means he has yet to accomplish what others before him have. But sooner or later, you have to look at the constants over those years. Jerry and Dak are those constants. Don't fret, you are not alone. Happens all the time when people argue about the NBA too.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I remember that game. The feeling was just as bitter and the feeling of disbelief was similar.

What WASN'T similar was proven let downs in big games by the QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You totally ignore football history. INT ratios were much higher the farther back you go due to rule differences pertaining to offense and defense. Ignorance of this makes me question your football knowledge, and frankly, your ignorance of cross-era comparison makes you look like a Dak shill. One fact even you can't ignore is that Roger (the Greatest Cowboy ever) and Troy led their teams to multiple Super Bowl victories, while in eight years Dak has led his team nowhere. This does not mean Dak sucks, but means he has yet to accomplish what others before him have. But sooner or later, you have to look at the constants over those years. Jerry and Dak are those constants. Don't fret, you are not alone. Happens all the time when people argue about the NBA too.
That is hilarious totally ridiculous and again comical that you think that Troy and Roger didn’t have help one of the best offensive lines, one of the best head coaches in history, one of the best run games ever,

both of them have multiple running backs that lit the league up in the playoffs not just in the regular seasons, I’ve never seen Roger or Troy whether it’s on video or in person carry this team without a run game, without an offensive line ,with a Defense fell apart. End of story

you could keep saying it and it’s going to keep it comical that you don’t see what’s going on in these games like a run game alone , The lack of a physical offensive line has shown up in almost every one of these games from the Rams in 2018 and the 49ers game against Washington in both games last year they’re pitted against a better defense of line in the front seven they failed to do anything...​

Show me where Troy/ Roger had to suffer through that, they didn’t they literally had almost the same team that was show in the regular season, show up in the playoffs...

they literally never carry a team when it fell apart, rarely fell apart, it’s obvious by all the interceptions they threw....

I don’t care about your little touchdown interception adjustment because of the era that’s nonsense, they still through them the team still had to overcame them, the teams were better. Better run game better offensive line, better coaching, better everything in the bigger games...

got it ?? you got any clear glasses when you review these teams and dak/romo with some actual perspective and context on what they play With. No you dont..again comical.

Last edited:

zack

Reaction score
i would compare what happened on Sunday to the 42-7 loss at GB in 2010 that sealed Wade’s fate way more than trying desperately to compare this bunch of overrated pretenders to a legendary team.

Can we just stop clinging to the idea that this team will turn it around and become a legit SB contender? They’ve had 3 shots at SF in the last 21 months, and failed each time with this latest failure being the worst.

It’s time to begin a rebuild, and the sooner the better. But Jerry is an idiot so he’ll cling to straws. Alas.
Thank you. Nonsense of comparing this team to teams from the 90s.

Legend

Reaction score
That is hilarious totally ridiculous and again comical that you think that Troy and Roger didn’t have help one of the best offensive lines, one of the best head coaches in history, one of the best run games ever,

both of them have multiple running backs that lit the league up in the playoffs not just in the regular seasons, I’ve never seen Roger or Troy whether it’s on video or in person carry this team without a run game, without an offensive line ,with a Defense fell apart. End of story

you could keep saying it and it’s going to keep it comical that you don’t see what’s going on in these games like a run game alone , The lack of a physical offensive line has shown up in almost every one of these games from the Rams in 2018 and the 49ers game against Washington in both games last year they’re pitted against a better defense of line in the front seven they failed to do anything...​

Show me where Troy/ Roger had to suffer through that, they didn’t they literally had almost the same team that was show in the regular season, show up in the playoffs...

they literally never carry a team when it fell apart, rarely fell apart, it’s obvious by all the interceptions they threw....

I don’t care about your little touchdown interception adjustment because of the era that’s nonsense, they still through them the team still had to overcame them, the teams were better. Better run game better offensive line, better coaching, better everything in the bigger games...

got it ?? you got any clear glasses when you review these teams and dak/romo with some actual perspective and context on what they play With. No you dont..again comical.
And what happened in the playoffs?

Troy Aikman’s first 11 playoffs games as a starter

10 wins 1 loss
3 SB wins and 1 SB MVP
21 TDs 8 INTs
Passer rating of 106.3

In his first playoff game as a starter, he led the Cowboys to victory against the Eagles in the divisional round.

The Cowboys have not won a divisional round playoff game since Aikman was a starter.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score

What hilarious is how you put words in my mouth. Stop lying about what I said.

1. Tell me where I said Roger and Troy didn't have one of the best offensive lines.
2. Tell me where I said Roger and Troy didn't have one of the best head coaches.
3. Tell me where I said Roger and Troy didn't have great running games.

I'll save you the time. Don't look, because I never said those things.

And when did I EVER say anything about Romo??????? Again, lies from you.

Everything else I said is the truth.

Roger had to deal with the Don Shula Dolphins and the Pittsburgh dynasty to win those Super Bowls. Oh, and picked up a Super Bowl MVP to boot, back in a time when the QB didn't automatically get the MVP.

Troy had to deal with the 49ers, who were damn good, and a Philly defense for years that is among the best ever just to get out of the NFC. In fact, the East was a bit nasty back then, when all the teams were a challenge. Troy looked like a mugging victim after some of those Eagle games. You know, back when you were allowed to hit the QB, and guys like Reggie White and Jerome Brown were trying to put people in the hospital every week. In fact, they knocked out eight starting QB's one season.

Dak can't even lead a team to back-to-back NFCE titles in a division that really only has had one other good consistent team for years, Philly. The Giants and Washington have been garbage for years.

You don't want to consider how rule changes and philosophy affected the game through eras? Then you are no student of the game and really only care about your precious Dak.

I am by no means a Dak hater. Anyone can search my post history and find many times I have held up Dak as a top 8 or 10 QB in this league. But the truth is the truth my man. Dak has had some damn good offensive lines here, and defense as well. Dak did not have the coaching, for sure. Yes, Garrett sucked. And I'm not sure Big Mike is any better.

Legend

Reaction score
What hilarious is how you put words in my mouth. Stop lying about what I said.

1. Tell me where I said Roger and Troy didn't have one of the best offensive lines.
2. Tell me where I said Roger and Troy didn't have one of the best head coaches.
3. Tell me where I said Roger and Troy didn't have great running games.

I'll save you the time. Don't look, because I never said those things.

And when did I EVER say anything about Romo??????? Again, lies from you.

Everything else I said is the truth.

Roger had to deal with the Don Shula Dolphins and the Pittsburgh dynasty to win those Super Bowls. Oh, and picked up a Super Bowl MVP to boot, back in a time when the QB didn't automatically get the MVP.

Troy had to deal with the 49ers, who were damn good, and a Philly defense for years that is among the best ever just to get out of the NFC. In fact, the East was a bit nasty back then, when all the teams were a challenge. Troy looked like a mugging victim after some of those Eagle games. You know, back when you were allowed to hit the QB, and guys like Reggie White and Jerome Brown were trying to put people in the hospital every week. In fact, they knocked out eight starting QB's one season.

Dak can't even lead a team to back-to-back NFCE titles in a division that really only has had one other good consistent team for years, Philly. The Giants and Washington have been garbage for years.

You don't want to consider how rule changes and philosophy affected the game through eras? Then you are no student of the game and really only care about your precious Dak.

I am by no means a Dak hater. Anyone can search my post history and find many times I have held up Dak as a top 8 or 10 QB in this league. But the truth is the truth my man. Dak has had some damn good offensive lines here, and defense as well. Dak did not have the coaching, for sure. Yes, Garrett sucked. And I'm not sure Big Mike is any better.
Yep. I remember this game from the 1991 season when the Eagles sacked Aikman 11 times in one game.

And had a streak of 54 games of not allowing a 100 yard rusher.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Yep. I remember this game from the 1991 season when the Eagles sacked Aikman 11 times in one game.

And had a streak of 54 games of not allowing a 100 yard rusher.

Dang, I'm sore now after watching that again. Looked like Golic just drove him back first into the ground on one of those sacks. That's a flag today. And how did no one even try to block White on that 10th sack?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
And what happened in the playoffs?

Troy Aikman’s first 11 playoffs games as a starter

10 wins 1 loss
3 SB wins and 1 SB MVP
21 TDs 8 INTs
Passer rating of 106.3

In his first playoff game as a starter, he led the Cowboys to victory against the Eagles in the divisional round.

The Cowboys have not won a divisional round playoff game since Aikman was a starter.

Thank you for posting this. This was a cherished memory. Winning that game after losing to them earlier in the year - especially against the Eagles - made everything right again in the world.