Remember Bohanna said he was going to stop the run?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I was very disappointed in Bohanna. BUT once again those that live by the numbers and RAS and all that are shown for the dupes they are.
He had all the athletic talent needed but he simply is not all that as a player for whatever reason.
6th round pick Quinton Bohanna, terrific RAS

He's not all that as a player and he wasn't drafted to be.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Talking out your rear. Bohanna was never considered a special athlete.

IMG-0026.jpg
Beat me to it

kskboys

Reaction score
He was adamant about it even before playing a game that he was here to do just that. Should we believe what Mazi is saying about being a run stopper? I say yes, and I'm hopeful for better results in our young DT. DT is a soft spot for a lot of us fans. We've been wanting some big plugger to come in and have success.

Have a great season Mazi, bye Bohanna????
Stopping the run in college vs the pros is a whole different ball game.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Cowboys and Dan Quinn seriously dropped the ball keeping Quinton Bohanna over John Ridgeway.

Ridgeway even played very well as a rotation DT piece as a rookie for the Commanders last year. Dumb Cowboys! Should have cut Bohanna but kept Ridgeway.

Maybe. But that Ridgeway is a huge hot head. Got in fights with fellow Cowboys, had multiple personal foul calls with Commanders, one of which cost Washington a game.
Ridgeway is a JAG. He was not the answer. Irrelevant cut.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Bo was banged up for the majority of the season. I think he makes the squad and rotates with Mazi. Defensive tackles take time and year 3 is too quick to give up on Bo. Don't be surprised if Mazi has a tough time early as well. It's an extremely difficult position to play and most of these guys won in college by simply being bigger and stronger than the guy in front of them. That's no longer the case.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bo was a late round project lol
Expecting him to play like a first rounder is a bit of a reach
That is all on the plate of the player.

Texas A&I Hall of Famer John Randle went undrafted out of college. Hooooah! Go Hogs!

He's up there with former Javelinas Eugene Upshaw and Darrell Green.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Randle went undrafted; he tried out for his brother's team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but was thought to be too small, and was not signed to a contract. The 6'1" 244-lbs. defensive lineman was picked up by the Vikings after the draft on the recommendation of Head Scout Don Deisch. Randle was told by the Vikings that he would only be picked up if he came back with his weight over 250 lbs, but he was at 244 lbs, so when he was weighed he hid a chain under his sweats to get his weight up.[6]

Randle played his first season in 1990. Randle went to his first Pro Bowl in 1993 after recording 11.5 sacks, and quickly became one of the dominant defensive tackles of his era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Randle

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Remember when fans here thought a Nose Tackle drafted in the 6th round, 192nd overall, was going to revolutionize the Cowboys run defense and shock the league.

I'm seeing a lot of those same fans claiming 6th round selection Deuce Vaughn and undrafted free agent Hunter Luepke are going to combine with Tony Pollard to form the top RB trio in the league.

Optimism is good. Delusion is delusion.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When you draft late round guys especially on the DL you are typically drafting jags with some traits if your lucky. Bohanna is what just that a late round pick that was ok but not great. Mazi was drafted with the potential and athletic score to be so much more.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember when Marinelli got pumped when the draft Joey Ivy and Jordan Carroll in the 7th round in 2017.

Neither made it out of TC. I don't think either were on the PS. The pick between those 2 in the 7th was Noah Brown.

Anyway, for Bohanna to be here after 2 years for a late round pick is not bad. However lack of talent at DT overall helped him stay.
Will be pulling for him to step up this season. As I do with all players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Remember when Marinelli got pumped when the draft Joey Ivy and Jordan Carroll in the 7th round in 2017.

Neither made it out of TC. I don't think either were on the PS. The pick between those 2 in the 7th was Noah Brown.

Anyway, for Bohanna to be here after 2 years for a late round pick is not bad. However lack of talent at DT overall helped him stay.
Will be pulling for him to step up this season. As I do with all players.
The fact that Bohanna is even on the roster at this point probably says a lot.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jeebus

What does one have to do with the other?

Should we worry about Mazi smoking weed because Randy Gregory once said he is not gonna smoke weed?

Double Jeebus

fivetwos

Reaction score
It IS possible a guy like him could have the light go on in year three. That’s no far fetched scenario.

They probably need to keep him around. Hankins needs to be limited all year if he is going to last, and Mazi is a rookie.

Maybe he benefits from lower expectations and/or reps.

He is no type of savior, but DL depth always must be welcomed. He will do his four years then spend another two or so in a place like Denver then be out of the league. Tons of guys just like him are needed annually. If everyone were great, no one would be.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think Bohanna looked improved in his 2nd year, so if he continues an upward trajectory in his play what will that look like. Sometimes it takes patience with iDL, but Dallas is certainly in a solid position without Bo, so dude has to step up now.

conner01

Reaction score
That is all on the plate of the player.

Texas A&I Hall of Famer John Randle went undrafted out of college. Hooooah! Go Hogs!

He's up there with former Javelinas Eugene Upshaw and Darrell Green.
That means nothing at all. A guy can go undrafted and make the HOF. But to expect that is ludicrous
If a late round pick turns into a decent rotational player you’ve hit a homerun