Remember that stat from earlier in the season after playing the 49ers

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why the Eagles just didn't look right on Sunday Night, then I remembered that stat we heard early in the season that 49ers opponents were 0-15 after they played them last yr. Cowboys did break that string with a win at the Chargers earlier in the season. Not sure what that record is now, but they beat up teams physically. Don't think the Eagles are done like many media personalities have been saying, just believe the 49ers are a different animal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As I have often said, Kyle Shanahan is the wild card when you play the 49ers. You will likely lose if you don't out-coach him as a head coach AND offensive coordinator. In other words, he is an offensive version of Bill Belichick when he had Brady. Give him a couple of weapons and his system will take care of the rest.

As for the Eagles.......just my take
***Hurts isn't playing with the same 2023 confidence.........he's a little banged up, misses his 2023 OC and/or defenses kinda caught up with him a bit.
***Looking back, it appears their defense is overrated, even last season. Their 2023 offense was so explosive it made things a lot easier for the defense. It explains why Roseman burned high draft picks on that side of the ball. He knew they weren't as good as advertised.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why the Eagles just didn't look right on Sunday Night, then I remembered that stat we heard early in the season that 49ers opponents were 0-15 after they played them last yr. Cowboys did break that string with a win at the Chargers earlier in the season. Not sure what that record is now, but they beat up teams physically. Don't think the Eagles are done like many media personalities have been saying, just believe the 49ers are a different animal.
think we also have a stat where everyone who beats us loses the next week too, think only philly broke that.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly did look like they were sleep walking a bit. It crossed my mind that they didn't want to show any plays, but that didn't make any sense.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As I have often said, Kyle Shanahan is the wild card when you play the 49ers. You will likely lose if you don't out-coach him as a head coach AND offensive coordinator. In other words, he is an offensive version of Bill Belichick when he had Brady. Give him a couple of weapons and his system will take care of the rest.

As for the Eagles.......just my take
***Hurts isn't playing with the same 2023 confidence.........he's a little banged up, misses his 2023 OC and/or defenses kinda caught up with him a bit.
***Looking back, it appears their defense is overrated, even last season. Their 2023 offense was so explosive it made things a lot easier for the defense. It explains why Roseman burned high draft picks on that side of the ball. He knew they weren't as good as advertised.
They aren't always playing ahead like they did last season in which their rushers could just pin their ears back and attack the QB.

12+88=7

Reaction score
That streak was broken by Dallas, but the new one is on 3 weeks.

TB, Seattle, and Philadelphia all lost the next week after playing SF.

Hopefully that streak ends this week when Seattle host Philadelphia.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Cowboys coming off a mini bye and the Eagles last game of a 3 game in 11 days stretch.

Plus the Cowboys are the better team.
Not buying it. It was a 3 game 14 day stretch...They played on Nov 26th, Dec 3rd, and Dec 10th. If you play 3 Sunday games, it is 3 games over 15 days. By comparison, the Cowboys played 3 games over 12 days and won those 3 games by a margin of 119-55. Even with the lesser teams we played...We still beat them by larger than most other teams have.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
If, the Cowboys get to play the Niners again they’ll need a Rocky III moment where Drago/Niners gets cut and starts to bleed and Rocky/Cowboys start to believe.
I would take the 15 and do what they did to Pollard when they threw him out of bounds with a suplex, do it to McCaffery or Purdy, not to hurt those pussies but to make them know we mean business

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The 49ers dropped 3 straight after playing the Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Stop making excuses for the Eagles they played every good team on their schedule at home and have an easy end of season schedule that at worst they will finish 3-1.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously there are many variables at play and being worn out is a biggie. Their lucky recoveries of fumbles in the first matchup was huge, all those fumbles got picked up by Cowboys the second time around.

quickccc

Reaction score

I'm Not worried about Eagles not looking right ... cuz it was WHAT WE TH COWBOYS DID to Not make them look right. We enforced and posed our will and tenacity to them on both sides of the ball.
BTW, Also I’m not one looking and thanking the freaakin’ Niners, for them callin’ a “ blueprint” vs Eagles.

- We schemed, planned and adjusted accordingly - We adapted to the Eagles, .. they could Not adapt us ... we brought the “ Out-Physical “ tap to Philly.

- Peanut-punch fumbles, pops & hits, ..we glued upon their best WR, we minimized their pass attack and totally frustrated their QB and their coaches, ..we’ve now got their lousy, filthy fans in an uproar blasting their own NFL team, coaches, and QB.

- Imo, it was very important that we " intimidated " not only one of the better NFC teams
but one of the better NFL teams period in rival Philly Eagles.
I recalled all the Negative Nancy talk that we don't beat the better NFL teams, .. not a winning team
Well.. now ?

- Though I still considered the Niners THE NFL team to beat, the measuring stick we should be compared to, ..the obstacle we need to beat (in the playoffs) to advance to the big ride SB.

- The Niners are a different, more dangerous animal ...Why ?
they have their own brand of multi-formations and pre-snap motions, and very creative Misdirection plays
and play action scheme.

- Probably no NFL team is better at combining player personnel and scheme design than the Niners.
And they are not one player dominated, they get the ball moved around and distributed to several targets.
That exotic shifting and misdirection strongly helps QB Brock Purdy get into a dangerous passing rhythm both
in short and downfield game.

But we can get into vs the Niners at anytime ! ...
:clap: