Remember that stat from earlier in the season after playing the 49ers

quickccc

Reaction score
Our coaches contributed heavily in costing us losses with Not being aggressive, imo ..playin scared and careful, not trusting our QB, ..not involving our new speed WR Brandin Cooks,..they were so scared about “losing “ the game- that they subdued our QB and attack more than the opposing team did. -

- That time has past and we’ve re-started anew on offense. Our QB is playing on an MVP level,..
we’re much more involving our Wrs into the game several targeting - and we are emerging a new TE who also is on a Pro Bowl level ( Fergy)

- And we have not even hit our top potential on Offense, imo....
Just Imagine if we can get ‘22 Pollard with his explosive splash runs and spurts
as of now, He’s been far more “ workman/bell cow” in this Mac-attack. And that's not really his game

* The other factor is if we can get speedy Cooks more in the vertical game, not Gallup or Tolbert but Cooks
and Turpin on more Go's and Fly routes over the top of defenses.

- Interesting about criticism at Eagles with using comparisons Cowboys attack in “how quickly we get ball out “ ..
not leaning on long developing pass game- that places hold ball on the QB,..(ala Hurts)
This coaching scheme is helping Dak, quickly getting the ball out ...but unlike 1st half season, this is not the
Dink n Dunk, version that limited us.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm Not worried about Eagles not looking right ... cuz it was WHAT WE TH COWBOYS DID to Not make them look right. We enforced and posed our will and tenacity to them on both sides of the ball.
BTW, Also I’m not one looking and thanking the freaakin’ Niners, for them callin’ a “ blueprint” vs Eagles.

- We schemed, planned and adjusted accordingly - We adapted to the Eagles, .. they could Not adapt us ... we brought the “ Out-Physical “ tap to Philly.

- Peanut-punch fumbles, pops & hits, ..we glued upon their best WR, we minimized their pass attack and totally frustrated their QB and their coaches, ..we’ve now got their lousy, filthy fans in an uproar blasting their own NFL team, coaches, and QB.

- Imo, it was very important that we " intimidated " not only one of the better NFC teams
but one of the better NFL teams period in rival Philly Eagles.
I recalled all the Negative Nancy talk that we don't beat the better NFL teams, .. not a winning team
Well.. now ?

- Though I still considered the Niners THE NFL team to beat, the measuring stick we should be compared to, ..the obstacle we need to beat (in the playoffs) to advance to the big ride SB.

- The Niners are a different, more dangerous animal ...Why ?
they have their own brand of multi-formations and pre-snap motions, and very creative Misdirection plays
and play action scheme.

- Probably no NFL team is better at combining player personnel and scheme design than the Niners.
And they are not one player dominated, they get the ball moved around and distributed to several targets.
That exotic shifting and misdirection strongly helps QB Brock Purdy get into a dangerous passing rhythm both
in short and downfield game.

But we can get into vs the Niners at anytime ! ...
:clap:
The 49ers are a different animal, cause of their rare run after the catch abilities and their physical defense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Philly did look like they were sleep walking a bit. It crossed my mind that they didn't want to show any plays, but that didn't make any sense.
No, I don't see that hothead Sirianni allowing that. He wanted to crush us...he just couldn't. We almost beat them in their house, so it makes sense that we beat them in ours.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think we would’ve beaten them last year if Pollard doesn’t get injured
or if WRs could run routes properly or if KM dont call a pass play on 2nd and 2. Or if Diggs dont make a business decision on Kittle and catch a ball that hits him in the hands or if we dont get deer in headlights version of dak. I think this niner team is better but I think we are as well. Defense will need to create turnovers and tackle well and offense play mistake free.

if we see Brian Anger too much were screwed

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Trying to figure out why the Eagles just didn't look right on Sunday Night, then I remembered that stat we heard early in the season that 49ers opponents were 0-15 after they played them last yr. Cowboys did break that string with a win at the Chargers earlier in the season. Not sure what that record is now, but they beat up teams physically. Don't think the Eagles are done like many media personalities have been saying, just believe the 49ers are a different animal.
SF is a very physical team. they also get into your face, into your head and psychologically impact teams. the only way to deal with them is to be physical. I know they were somewhat short handed when they lost three games earlier in the year, but Cleveland has a very physical defense and they handled them similarly. not sure if our defense built on speed and finesse is able to be physical with them. not sure why our OL can't be physical with them. we should be able to.

right now they are the most complete team in the league (not that they are complete, but better than everybody else). if we play them in the playoffs, we just need to catch them on a bad day.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dallas had 3 games in 11 days playing Seattle. Many of our own fans did not use that reason to bash them as usual. for not slaughtering Seattle at home.

So this Eagles tired crap does not fly with me.
Just think the 49ers beat them up and took away their confidence.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why the Eagles just didn't look right on Sunday Night, then I remembered that stat we heard early in the season that 49ers opponents were 0-15 after they played them last yr. Cowboys did break that string with a win at the Chargers earlier in the season. Not sure what that record is now, but they beat up teams physically. Don't think the Eagles are done like many media personalities have been saying, just believe the 49ers are a different animal.
i mean from last game in early november didnt see much of a difference from their effort. Biggest thing from me that changed the game for both was the three fumbles we forced in both games, first one we recovered none, this one we recovered all of them. Wasnt like philly wasnt moving the ball or anything like that.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
If, the Cowboys get to play the Niners again they’ll need a Rocky III moment where Drago/Niners gets cut and starts to bleed and Rocky/Cowboys start to believe.
Dak should step up and be a leader then. A simple deep throw early in the game that connects changes EVERYTHING

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What 11 day stretch? You can’t just make stuff up to make a point.
Correct. Eagles had a bye week, played a Monday night game, so had 15 days rest for that game. Then played 3 straight Sunday games. So 4 games in the usual time frame.

Dallas played 3 games in 11 days, then 10 days off.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys coming off a mini bye and the Eagles last game of a 3 game in 11 days stretch.

Plus the Cowboys are the better team.
Eagles get the excuses for playing 3 games in 11 days. Not a word when the Cowboys had the same stretch.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Funny, people want the Cowboys to beat "better teams", and then when they do, we hear excuses (surprisingly from our own fanbase?):

"They were tired"
"They played x games in x days"
"49ers beat them up"
"injuries affected them"

How about the Cowboys just lined up across from them and straight up beat them? If the Eagles couldn't get up in a big game to beat them Cowboys, that's on them. Cowboys never get these excuses.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Funny, people want the Cowboys to beat "better teams", and then when they do, we hear excuses (surprisingly from our own fanbase?):

"They were tired"
"They played x games in x days"
"49ers beat them up"
"injuries affected them"

How about the Cowboys just lined up across from them and straight up beat them? If the Eagles couldn't get up in a big game to beat them Cowboys, that's on them. Cowboys never get these excuses.
These are the same toads who complain about everything especially Dak. They don’t have the nads to say they were wrong.

jmnichols75

Reaction score
If, the Cowboys get to play the Niners again they’ll need a Rocky III moment where Drago/Niners gets cut and starts to bleed and Rocky/Cowboys start to believe.
That's Rocky IV. I can't wait to see Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Teams playing Dallas have a very, very similar story the week following I believe.

We bounced back from SF, they lost to MIN.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
The last two playoff games again
The 49ers dropped 3 straight after playing the Cowboys.
Yeah, I guess the 49ers needed time to recover after the Cowboys wore them out by allowing them to run up and down the field all game long lol:facepalm: