Remember the David Irving 2018 2nd round Tender

Verdict

Reaction score
Which was the argument that was ignored by most. Whether it worked out in hindsight or not, the cost was only an additional $1.2 million. Did we use that $1.2 million last year, no. Are we gonna use that $1.2 million this year since it rolls over, no. With the information that was available to the public, we could have gave him the first round tender, and then still dealt him for a 2nd. Hell, we could have dealt him for a conditional 6th rounder, despite his original tender.

It was the right move by the Cowboys. Hindsight makes that even more clear.

Verdict

Reaction score
That was wrong choice with the knowledge we had at the time

He was our starting 3T and the missing link to a top Defense

Losing him over saving 1.2 would have been stupid

Hindsight proves the team was right. I’m not sure it’s even debatable at this point.

About the only argument one might make it a higher tender might fool teams into thinking he was t the problem that he actuLly was.

JBond

Reaction score
Some debates about players reminded me of last year's debate about David Irving "only" getting a 2nd round tender.

Some were up in arms that the Cowboys might lose him and "only" get a 2nd round pick in return.
Some morons wanted to pay idiots. Not surprised.

Verdict

Reaction score
Some debates about players reminded me of last year's debate about David Irving "only" getting a 2nd round tender.

Some were up in arms that the Cowboys might lose him and "only" get a 2nd round pick in return.

I was all for it. I just didn’t know how right I was at the time. Lol.