Remember the Saints game?

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
On September 15 the New Orleans Saints came into ATT and thumped our Cowboys 44-19. We were told by management and coaches afterward not to worry too much. The Cowboys were not that bad; the Saints were just good...very good. Jerry Jones was quoted afterward as saying, "We will fix this." Wellllllll....since then the Saints have lost five straight and have a record of 2-5. They have been on the losing end of 33-10 and 51-27 scores their last two games. Meanwhile the Cowboys...well you know.

CWR

Reaction score
On September 15 the New Orleans Saints came into ATT and thumped our Cowboys 44-19. We were told by management and coaches afterward not to worry too much. The Cowboys were not that bad; the Saints were just good...very good. Jerry Jones was quoted afterward as saying, "We will fix this." Wellllllll....since then the Saints have lost five straight and have a record of 2-5. They have been on the losing end of 33-10 and 51-27 scores their last two games. Meanwhile the Cowboys...well you know.
Was just saying this. Their defense has been trash too. They have injuries, but so does everyone else. They are a bad team, a bad team who curb stomped us.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Saints team that the Cowboys and Panthers played is totally different from the one that got embarrassed by Denver on Thursday night. The Saints have lost their best offensive lineman, quarterback, cornerbacks, wide receivers and other players. They make are injuries seem tame.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's all about matchups... Unfortunately, we don't match up very well against a lot of teams.
Right now........that should be ANY teams. We have a questionable top-10 QB and a solid top-10 WR, that's it. That's what we are putting on the field. No defense, no running game, and no OLine.....our ALL-PRO FG has kept the season from hitting rock bottom.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is missing many players as well. However many fans will not see that either, and use double standards.
Whenever they get healthy, it still may be too late to make a playoff push.
Depending how other teams do though, since the NFC seems weak, they could slide in as the 6th or 7th seed.
Long way to go.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am surprised there are still fans who think the Cowboys are not a bad football team. I understand being a fan mean rooting for your team no matter what, but they got blown out by 3 teams so far in 6 games. They only beat 3 teams with really bad offenses, and two of those wins were not exactly convincing. The Giants, for example, did not punt until 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. In fact, the Cowboys have forced only 18 punts in 6 games, and 12 of those came against Cleveland (7) and Pittsburgh (5). The defense cannot stop good teams, even some bad teams.

We can point to the coaching and blame Zimmer for the bad defense. But I think the blame goes to the GM because the roster is just not very good overall. The DL may be the worst in the league, especially inside. The OL is awful too. If games are won in the trenches, then where does that leave Dallas? Look at the skill positions, We have CeeDee, and Ferguson. That's it. No one else scares any defense. Out RB room is a joke. And of course our QB is playing the worst he has played in his career. I supposed the OL and skill position players have something to do with that, but he is still playing poorly.

I don't think the cavalry is coming to rescue this team. There is no cavalry. Jerry depleted his team after Green Bay lit up the weaknesses on the roster so even and idiot could see what needed to be fixed. Instead, they are actually worse in 2024.

I think 6 wins will be where they end up. Maybe 7 if they are stupid enough to beat the Commanders week 18 when the Commanders rest their starters for the playoffs.