Remember the Saints game?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Boy do I
Dallas is missing many players as well. However many fans will not see that either, and use double standards.
Whenever they get healthy, it still may be too late to make a playoff push.
Depending how other teams do though, since the NFC seems weak, they could slide in as the 6th or 7th seed.
Long way to go.
it is a good argument, but let’s say Micah and Tank and Kendricks and Bland all played. How much less would the Lions have scored? 34? 31? 26?

26-9 is still an ugly loss. There was a lot more going on than just injuries, Dallas wasn’t prepared to play

rambo2

Reaction score
How many games haa Spencer Rattler won as a starter? 0. Would the Cowboys beat the current Saints team with their key starters out? Yes, they would.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boy do I

it is a good argument, but let’s say Micah and Tank and Kendricks and Bland all played. How much less would the Lions have scored? 34? 31? 26?

26-9 is still an ugly loss. There was a lot more going on than just injuries, Dallas wasn’t prepared to play
This is a puke Eagles fan. Always keep that in mind whenever you read him.

rambo2

Reaction score
I am surprised there are still fans who think the Cowboys are not a bad football team. I understand being a fan mean rooting for your team no matter what, but they got blown out by 3 teams so far in 6 games. They only beat 3 teams with really bad offenses, and two of those wins were not exactly convincing. The Giants, for example, did not punt until 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. In fact, the Cowboys have forced only 18 punts in 6 games, and 12 of those came against Cleveland (7) and Pittsburgh (5). The defense cannot stop good teams, even some bad teams.

We can point to the coaching and blame Zimmer for the bad defense. But I think the blame goes to the GM because the roster is just not very good overall. The DL may be the worst in the league, especially inside. The OL is awful too. If games are won in the trenches, then where does that leave Dallas? Look at the skill positions, We have CeeDee, and Ferguson. That's it. No one else scares any defense. Out RB room is a joke. And of course our QB is playing the worst he has played in his career. I supposed the OL and skill position players have something to do with that, but he is still playing poorly.

I don't think the cavalry is coming to rescue this team. There is no cavalry. Jerry depleted his team after Green Bay lit up the weaknesses on the roster so even and idiot could see what needed to be fixed. Instead, they are actually worse in 2024.

I think 6 wins will be where they end up. Maybe 7 if they are stupid enough to beat the Commanders week 18 when the Commanders rest their starters for the playoffs.
What will really be stupid is if they don't trade Parsons and others to give them the draft picks that they need and save them from their contract negotiations.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We could’ve had probably the third overall pic. But no, we re-signed two players that we could’ve drafted their replacement.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Saints have lost 5 straight games since they beat us. The only teams they’ve beaten are Carolina with Bryce Young and the Cowboys. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Look at that saints roster week 2 and look at it now. They are missing about 13 starters
Their losing streak started before they lost all those players. That streak started right after they beat the Cowboys.

rambo2

Reaction score
Their losing streak started before they lost all those players. That streak started right after they beat the Cowboys.
It started with the injury to their qb.

cowboyec

Reaction score
remember it?
i'd like to forget it.
that loss was more embarassing than the lions.
the saints have played like crap since.

Creeper

Reaction score
What will really be stupid is if they don't trade Parsons and others to give them the draft picks that they need and save them from their contract negotiations.
You have to build a team around something or someone. But when I look at the Cowboys I don't see a core I feel they need to keep. There is no team leader or on field general. So anyone on the team is probably a candidate for a trade if the price is right. And this is the key, trading guys just to get rid of them is dumb. Put a price on them and if you don't get that price then do not make the trade. The Cowboys got rid of Cooper for a 5th round pick after giving up a 1st round pick to get him. Dumb. They could have kept him, restructured his deal and easily afforded him under the CAP. But Jerry for whatever reason decided he didn't like Cooper and gave him away after badmouthing him to the media for a week.

You want to trade Parsons, fine, but not unless you get the value in return. Everyone seems to know Jerry can be fleeced in a deal so they lowball him and he jumps at the lowball.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
injuries are not a reason for us to be cut slack...
I mean, it kind of is. There's a salary cap. Most teams have little to no depth. So when a starter goes out he's likely replaced by someone who just isn't very good, otherwise they would be starting on another team somewhere. Are other teams going to go easy on us? No. Are they going to attempt exploit that backup? If they are smart, then yeah. But injuries do happen, they can have a large impact on your team, and to just ignore it and pretend that the whole "next man up" means no drop off in production would be insanity.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I mean, it kind of is. There's a salary cap. Most teams have little to no depth. So when a starter goes out he's likely replaced by someone who just isn't very good, otherwise they would be starting on another team somewhere. Are other teams going to go easy on us? No. Are they going to attempt exploit that backup? If they are smart, then yeah. But injuries do happen, they can have a large impact on your team, and to just ignore it and pretend that the whole "next man up" means no drop off in production would be insanity.
I agree but check the tone of the media and this board. When we are missing 1/2 the team, it's tough man up. When others miss, well they are missing a lot.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is missing many players as well. However many fans will not see that either, and use double standards.
Whenever they get healthy, it still may be too late to make a playoff push.
Depending how other teams do though, since the NFC seems weak, they could slide in as the 6th or 7th seed.
Long way to go.
A long way to go but going fast! Almost halfway through sheesh!