REMINDER...Cowboys-Niners 1992 Championship game on Tonight.

bigE79

Reaction score
yimyammer;2434216 said:
This is about the 7th time Ive watched this

Beating the Niners never gets old

Gawd, I miss the good ol days
You aint kiddin...damn we were good...GO COWBOYS:star:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dbair1967;2434454 said:
I can never watch this game enough, especially the 2nd half. We had just one or two bad offensive plays the entire second half.

Great team, great talent, great depth, great coaching staff.

That team would beat our current Dallas team by 4 or 5 tds without breaking a sweat.

While I do love those teams I don't even know if they beat the current team. I personally think they would but I'm not very sure of it. That's assuming a healthy Tony Romo and TNew.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jobberone;2435076 said:
While I do love those teams I don't even know if they beat the current team. I personally think they would but I'm not very sure of it. That's assuming a healthy Tony Romo and TNew.

The only part of this team thats better than the 92 team is the kicker.

Every other facet of that 1992 team was better. Better offense, eons better defense and special teams. MUCH better coached, fewer penalties and turnovers. Offense which wasnt a model of inconsistency, but rather the model of consistency, and they could do everything well.

Like I said, that team would paste this team without breaking a sweat.

rcaldw

Reaction score
jobberone;2435076 said:

Man, you are out of your mind. This team is 6-4 in the watered down NFL of today. That team was the beginning of 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 years. I would take every skill player on offense over what we have right now.

Aikman - Hall of Fame
Smith - Hall of Fame
Irvin - Hall of Fame
Novacek - a push with Witten
Harper - In those days better in big games than anyone we have on the other side right now.

There is just no comparison. Those were the 90's. No watered down parity garbage.

yimyammer

Reaction score
dbair1967;2435251 said:
The only part of this team thats better than the 92 team is the kicker.

Every other facet of that 1992 team was better. Better offense, eons better defense and special teams. MUCH better coached, fewer penalties and turnovers. Offense which wasnt a model of inconsistency, but rather the model of consistency, and they could do everything well.

Like I said, that team would paste this team without breaking a sweat.

Couldn't agree more, Owens would be throwing a pouting fit and Wade would look dazed and confuxed.

Mike_45

Reaction score
I freaking loved rewatching this game. I now have it on VHS, a copy of that VHS onto DVD and now this copy-recorded right to DVD. I will watch this game for years. I make it a tradition to watch it right before the season starts. :starspin