Renell Wren

RamziD

Reaction score
Not much talk about him. He’s very raw, but he strikes me as a David Irving starter kit. I’d be ok with him at 58, though would rather it be at 90.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I was just watching a draft show last night and they mentioned his potential. That said no way at #58 need more than a hope and educated guess if he will develop and be anything to keep on, at 90-yeah pretty much.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
As deep as this draft is at DL, he'll be there in the 4th, maybe 5th. Definitely worth a better look.

cowboyec

Reaction score
This. This cannot be empathized enough.

We aren’t going to find many starters this year in the draft. But at 58, you need an impact guy. You can get your project guys later. 58 we need to hit on
agreed.

RamziD

Reaction score
As deep as this draft is at DL, he'll be there in the 4th, maybe 5th. Definitely worth a better look.

I don’t think so. I think he’s a top-75 player. I would love for him to fall to 90, though.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t think so. I think he’s a top-75 player. I would love for him to fall to 90, though.

He may very well be a top 75 player. But as you know a lot of players you wouldn't expect to fall drop quite far for various reasons. I was making a prediction based on DL depth in the draft and need throughout the league. If Dallas takes a safety at 58, I think he'll definitely be there at 90.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/
Ren.jpg

Verdammung

Reaction score
Picking him at 58 would be a reach for me, but honestly I wouldn't complain. He's one of the few post-58 DT's I've watched and liked. It's him, Western Illinois, and then we're talking about 4th rounders at best.

Unfortunately, he's a 1 tech that weighs more than 300 pounds, so the Cowboys have taken him off the board already. Better to plug and play Trysten Hill at the 1-tech so he can get tossed around like a ragdoll.

RamziD

Reaction score
Ren2.jpg

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Seems to be pretty similar to all the others.

82 on this one. I know rankings will be all over the place on this guy because you have to project. I don’t think he goes past the early to mid 3rd because of potential. It’s not gonna upset me if we pass on him, but I think his career is going to be an interesting one to watch.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Not much talk about him. He’s very raw, but he strikes me as a David Irving starter kit. I’d be ok with him at 58, though would rather it be at 90.
Out of all the DT’s we’ve been linked to, and even those we haven’t, I like Wren THE LEAST. He’s going to be a bust in the NFL. I have ZERO idea what there is to like about his game.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm a big fan. Would love him in the 3rd, not sure about the 2nd.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wren is a bag of tools right now. He’s got all the athletic ability but needs a ton of coaching/technique. That’s a process and not going to come quickly.

Keep in mind that In 29 games, Wren was only able to nab three sacks and 14.5 tackles for loss.

I’d only start considering at pick 90 at the earliest.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
If Hill is there at 90, I think he is the guy. I might consider Wren if Hill isnt there, but I'm not sure if the Cowboys will.

Beaker42

Reaction score
If Hill is there at 90, I think he is the guy. I might consider Wren if Hill isnt there, but I'm not sure if the Cowboys will.
I hope it’s neither Hill or Wren. They’re JAG’s. Very little on their tape is impressive and both their motors are suspect to me.