Report: Bears called Cowboys about Jeremiah Ratliff as “security precaution”

JDSmith

Reaction score
Rat may have CTE...I hope not but it has early onsets and he may be displaying it. Especially if we think back to him having that confrontation with Jerry years back. He has always been a person that was "sometimey" but being an undersized NT for all those years could actually lead to him having CTE. Who knows...truly hope not though.

That's what I was thinking too.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Report: Bears called Cowboys about Jeremiah Ratliff as “security precaution”
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 28, 2015

When the Bears cut defensive tackle Jeremiah Ratliff last week, they called the police over concerns about his reaction after a heated exchange with General Manager Ryan Pace. And the police weren’t the only people the Bears called.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the Bears notified the Cowboys of Ratliff’s releaseas a security precaution.

Although there was no specific threat against the Cowboys or any individual within the Cowboys organization, the Bears still thought the Cowboys needed to know that Ratliff, a former Cowboy, might be heading back to his home near the team’s facilities.

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...recaution/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&ref=yfp

630cb5438a1872dfe3586a8bde212d90.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Oh, most definitely. It kinda validates the Cowboys' decision to part ways.

He was a declined player who was overpaid thanks to a ridiculously dumb restructure and he even threatened Jones personally.

There is very little about the release of Ratliff that I think this organization did right.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Not sure about that. He was just a notch or 2 under dominant at NT for a 3 year stretch.

And it wore him down early due to the sheer beatings he took. Having to one-gap along side Ware would have been much better suited for him and prolonged his career, and his time in Dallas as well.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The fact that Ratliff almost came to blows with Jerry and repeated his aggressive ways with the Bears GM only goes to demonstrate the extent of his unpredictability. Anytime a player poses a physical threat upon a staff member of his team, something is inherently wrong with that individual and his mindset. I think Ratliff is finished as far as an NFL career is concerned. Any team hiring him after all this would have to be totally devoid of reason.

gambit187

Reaction score
Seen on twitter where Ratliff supposedly said he was the Devil, he felt like killing everybody and that he wished all the staff members children would die...WTH

Reaction score
Not a shot at Hardy. Ratliff seemed a team guy early in his career, not sure what happened.

It really is strange. He seemed like a normal, happy player for most of his time here. Seems like his injury and conflict with the team with what to do about it flipped a paranoid switch in him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I was responding to a post that none of these bipolar guys would ever get anywhere in the NFL.

Some have. Underwood never really did.

I wasn't taking issue with your explanation. I was merely asking didn't Underwood play for us for a short period of time.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
On October 21, Bears DL Jeremiah Ratliff went to the team facility, said he was the devil and told staffers he wanted their kids to die, according to a police report obtained by TMZ Sports. He was cut the next day. Ratliff has not been charged in the incident.