News: Report: Cowboys' Tony Romo prefers Denver as his next team

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll say it again. If you put Romo and his interest over the team and their interest, then you aren't a real Cowboys fan. The point is he still remains a viable starting qb and that is a valuable commodity which deserves to bring value back to the team. You don't give QBs like Romo away and get nothing in return. All Cowboys fans should hope Romo stays on a reduced contract or brings the team a valuable pick in return. No Cowboys fan should hope he gets released and goes somewhere to win anything. I want what's best for the team and so does any smart Cowboys fan. And by the way, 10-1 beats Romo out for the job. That ship has sailed.
I should apologize to Adrian Peterson after calling him foolish a few years ago for thinking the NFL embodied a slavery mentality. That way of thinking extends beyond the league.

Fact is, Jones will do what is best for his franchise. His actions are out of any fans' control. Additionally, Romo, like any other player in today's NFL, will do what's best for him. What he chooses to do is out of any fans' hands as well.

This has been a reality of the league for many moons. So why is it that any fans' fealty to their favorite team gets questioned for anything completely out of their control? Does not translate. Fans should root for teams NO MATTER what happens or doesn't happen within the organizations.

Fans do not control injuries.
Fans do not control the outcome of games.
Fans do not control how much networks pay the league for broadcasting rights.
Fans do not control which player is active or not on gamedays.
Fans do not call plays during games.

The list is infinite. No decision made by teams are within fans' control. So... one fan tells another fan that they are the BIGGER fan because of certain conditions that MIGHT negatively impact the team--even though NEITHER fan has ZERO say in negating or promoting negative or positive outcomes BASED upon ANY conceivable or imagined conditions?

wow.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I should apologize to Adrian Peterson after calling him foolish a few years ago for thinking the NFL embodied a slavery mentality. That way of thinking extends beyond the league.

Fact is, Jones will do what is best for his franchise. His actions are out of any fans' control. Additionally, Romo, like any other player in today's NFL, will do what's best for him. What he chooses to do is out of any fans' hands as well.

This has been a reality of the league for many moons. So why is it that any fans' fealty to their favorite team gets questioned for anything completely out of their control? Does not translate. Fans should root for teams NO MATTER what happens or doesn't happen within the organizations.

Fans do not control injuries.
Fans do not control the outcome of games.
Fans do not control how much networks pay the league for broadcasting rights.
Fans do not control which player is active or not on gamedays.
Fans do not call plays during games.

The list is infinite. No decision made by teams are within fans' control. So... one fan tells another fan that they are the BIGGER fan because of certain conditions that MIGHT negatively impact the team--even though NEITHER fan has ZERO say in negating or promoting negative or positive outcomes BASED upon ANY conceivable or imagined conditions?

wow.

Nice speech but sorry, you're wrong. Any fan that would rather see Romo released and go somewhere where he might have a chance to win a super bowl over the team being able to trade him for a nice pick that could help build the next dynasty is not as big a Cowboys fan as those who want the pick and could care less where Romo ends up. Of course we have no say in what happens but those that want what's best for the Cowboys can hope we get a nice pick instead of putting Romo's desires and feelings over the best interest of the team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice speech but sorry, you're wrong. Any fan that would rather see Romo released and go somewhere where he might have a chance to win a super bowl over the team being able to trade him for a nice pick that could help build the next dynasty is not as big a Cowboys fan as those who want the pick and could care less where Romo ends up. Of course we have no say in what happens but those that want what's best for the Cowboys can hope we get a nice pick instead of putting Romo's desires and feelings over the best interest of the team.
Like I said: wow.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jerry will do what is best for the franchise while also taking into account what Romo has meant to him and Dallas. Other players on the team and around the league take note of this as well--which also helps the franchise to some degree.

Goodwill also has value.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Maybe, but Denvers OL would probably get Tony killed within 3 weeks.

I think that's more about their QB's limitations than the line. Peyton Manning had a very low sack % behind that line, while Osweiler and then Siemian got hit a lot.

Romo might die in 3 weeks behind ANY line, including the one Dallas has. But in Denver he would have to do very little and let the D do all the heavy lifting.

cowboybish

Reaction score
It will interesting to see how this all plays out. I'm hoping the best for Romo. He has always been a gamer and I've supported him since the beginning.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
a lot of factors involved 1st off we do not know what the mindset of Denver is or their overall interest and of course will not comment on this since it would violate league policy.

I think Jerry will do his best to accommodate Romo, Jerry does not seem to be a vindictive person nor would he have a reason to screw Romo over. I do think Romo will leave next season and I firmly believe Jerry will do what he can to see to it that Romo goes to some place that Romo would like.

csirl

Reaction score
Most of this type of rumor are started by the player's agent - trying to create interest in their client.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I just can't see him going to Denver. Siemian isn't lighting the world on fire, but he's played well enough to keep Denver in the playoff hunt. He's young and should improve as he gains more experience. I think Denver recognizes this and they'll roll with what they have.

I think teams with almost no QB are the most likely destinations. The Bears, 49ers and Jets are probably the favorites at this point. Even if those teams draft a QB, Romo would be a great "bridge" QB, providing a year or 2 or quality play before the young QB is ready to take over.