News: Report: Cowboys' Tony Romo prefers Denver as his next team

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Me too. It will be interesting. If I had to guess we won't betting getting a very high pick for him but like I said, it will interesting watching this all unfold. I wish him well no matter where he lands.
It could easily be argued that, barring a first round pick, it's actually more beneficial to release him than to trade him as the cap savings for next season are quite a bit more.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
There is something odd going on with the reps being split the way they are and everything. I suspect we will see Romo take the field sooner rather than later.

If not, Romo basically has the pick of where to go(in interested teams) because he will likely have to restructure or redo his contract just to be traded meaning he could basically veto any trade.
There is nothing odd about it. The guy hasn't played sustained football in almost two seasons. And I'm pretty sure backups get first team reps regardless.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Think about the story lines if Tony is in Denver, since we play them next year. Yowzers.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Does Tony have a no trade clause? If so, I hope he uses it. Forces the hand of the Jones to release him outright so he can go where he wants to go and not where Jones feels it's best for the Cowboys for him to go.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Denver is the ONLY team that really makes sense for Romo. They literally have everything a championship team needs but a QB, and a championship is the only thing Romo has to play for anymore.

Texans are probably the next closest I guess, but Denver is obvious.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Denver is the ONLY team that really makes sense for Romo. They literally have everything a championship team needs but a QB, and a championship is the only thing Romo has to play for anymore.

Arizona.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
A team would have to be pretty darn desperate to give a high draft pick when odds are he will be released anyway. I could easily see teams playing wait-and-see.

That is why you free up the cap space and announce he will stay as the backup unless a team offers fair value as set by the Bradford deal last year. It's all about timing. If you try and trade him on a time table geared towards the cap, you will get nothing. If you wait until a team needs a QB, you get value. That is what they need to do.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Does Tony have a no trade clause? If so, I hope he uses it. Forces the hand of the Jones to release him outright so he can go where he wants to go and not where Jones feels it's best for the Cowboys for him to go.

So you are a Romo fan above being a Cowboys fan? At least we know where you stand.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
So you are a Romo fan above being a Cowboys fan? At least we know where you stand.

I have been a fan of the Cowboys for over 40 years. Don't mean I always agree with the decisions are made. In this case, I don't think Romo owes the Cowboys organization anything and he should do what's best for him, which is pick the team he wants to go to. The only way that can be done 100% is to be released. I can be both, a fan of my team and still think they did a certain player wrong and he should do what he needs to do for himself.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I have been a fan of the Cowboys for over 40 years. Don't mean I always agree with the decisions are made. In this case, I don't think Romo owes the Cowboys organization anything and he should do what's best for him, which is pick the team he wants to go to. The only way that can be done 100% is to be released. I can be both, a fan of my team and still think they did a certain player wrong and he should do what he needs to do for himself.

Who did Romo wrong? The team is 10-1. Has Romo ever won 10 games in a row? Romo made his bed with his continual letdowns and inability to stay healthy. He should be thankful
for the 10 year opportunity and the $100 million. He can hope for what's best for him but the team also has the right to do what's best for them. If that means a trade to the Browns, he can either go or retire. So you're saying you would rather Romo be released and go to a team that might become Dallas' biggest obstacle to winning a super bowl instead of the team getting a nice pick for him? That's not a real Cowboys fan.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Who did Romo wrong? The team is 10-1. Has Romo ever won 10 games in a row? Romo made his bed with his continual letdowns and inability to stay healthy. He should be thankful
for the 10 year opportunity and the $100 million. He can hope for what's best for him but the team also has the right to do what's best for them. If that means a trade to the Browns, he can either go or retire. So you're saying you would rather Romo be released and go to a team that might become Dallas' biggest obstacle to winning a super bowl instead of the team getting a nice pick for him? That's not a real Cowboys fan.

Dak never beat Romo out for his position. The TEAM is playing well. Who are you to decide who is a real fan or not? That's might be the most conceded and stupid thing I have ever seen. And yes, I hope he gets to go to the team he chooses to go to. If we can't beat him to get to or win the SB then we made the wrong decision on who our QB is now. If Romo is such a loser, can't stay healthy and if full of let downs, then what is the problem with him going to any team? IF we are sold on Dak as our future QB, then what would it matter where Romo went? We are keeping the best QB, right? So it won't matter. I won't say you aren't a "real" fan of the Cowboys, but just not a very smart one.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Dak never beat Romo out for his position. The TEAM is playing well. Who are you to decide who is a real fan or not? That's might be the most conceded and stupid thing I have ever seen. And yes, I hope he gets to go to the team he chooses to go to. If we can't beat him to get to or win the SB then we made the wrong decision on who our QB is now. If Romo is such a loser, can't stay healthy and if full of let downs, then what is the problem with him going to any team? IF we are sold on Dak as our future QB, then what would it matter where Romo went? We are keeping the best QB, right? So it won't matter. I won't say you aren't a "real" fan of the Cowboys, but just not a very smart one.

I'll say it again. If you put Romo and his interest over the team and their interest, then you aren't a real Cowboys fan. The point is he still remains a viable starting qb and that is a valuable commodity which deserves to bring value back to the team. You don't give QBs like Romo away and get nothing in return. All Cowboys fans should hope Romo stays on a reduced contract or brings the team a valuable pick in return. No Cowboys fan should hope he gets released and goes somewhere to win anything. I want what's best for the team and so does any smart Cowboys fan. And by the way, 10-1 beats Romo out for the job. That ship has sailed.

haleyrules

Reaction score

Maybe, but Denvers OL would probably get Tony killed within 3 weeks.