Report: Dak Prescott counteroffer higher than Carson Wentz deal

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Amari Cooper had been with the team since Week 1 last year, Dak easily would have thrown for over 4,000 yards. There would be no discussion as to him being a "Tier 1 or Tier 2" and Top 10 QB. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. No need to hold it against him for this organization surrounding him with no talent at WR and TE, plus an injured Oline, for the first half of the season which did affect Dak's numbers. Even then, Dak lit it up during the second half of the season once Amari Cooper showed up and the Oline started playing better with the Oline coaching change.

Dak deserves to get paid because he has earned it. Dak is no "Tier 2" QB. He is going to silence all of you critics this year with a fully healthy and loaded Oline, WRs, TEs and new O-Coordinator. Best to pay him his $32 - $34 mil/year now before his price goes $5 million higher by the end of this 2019 season.
I like Dak but lets get ral you know it I know it

Elite and tier 1 QBs MAKE THEIR WRS, heck even Romo made a lot of spare tire WR look really good, got them paid,

tier 2 QBs need better talent to succeed.. Fact he had Zeke a solid line and some decent WRs, 3-5 ADD a great WR things improve.

Tom Brady has had good WR and set all time Records, but hes won SBS with a WR group that used to play LB, QB, and Safety, they created players and he made them better..better coach for sure but elite make everyone around them another level, Tier 2 are good nothing wrong with 4th round QB with little chance make himself into tier 2 guy, hes breaking into bottom of tier 1 which is small group in itself because elite is even smaller..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I like Dak but lets get ral you know it I know it

Elite and tier 1 QBs MAKE THEIR WRS, heck even Romo made a lot of spare tire WR look really good, got them paid,

tier 2 QBs need better talent to succeed.. Fact he had Zeke a solid line and some decent WRs, 3-5 ADD a great WR things improve.

Tom Brady has had good WR and set all time Records, but hes won SBS with a WR group that used to play LB, QB, and Safety, they created players and he made them better..better coach for sure but elite make everyone around them another level, Tier 2 are good nothing wrong with 4th round QB with little chance make himself into tier 2 guy, hes breaking into bottom of tier 1 which is small group in itself because elite is even smaller..
Name that solid Oline. Plus, why was the Oline Coach halfway through the season? Was it suddenly Dak's fault? lol Plus, name those decent WRs before Amari Cooper showed up? Also, why was the O-Coordinator fired by season's end if Dak is to blame like you say?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Name that solid Oline. Plus, why was the Oline Coach halfway through the season? Was it suddenly Dak's fault? lol Plus, name those decent WRs before Amari Cooper showed up? Also, why was the O-Coordinator fired by season's end if Dak is to blame like you say?

People on this board tell me all the time that Dallas has a better Oline than Philly, who’s regularly ranked in the top 5.

blueblood70

Reaction score
umm its the claim here to why Zeke is so FN good its not zeke its the line about 4k of you guys keep saying this, so you cant have it both ways... I dont agree our line is not 2016 and was pieced together but still regarded top 5 no longer 1st.. again you cant have 2 sides to the argument..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
umm its the claim here to why Zeke is so FN good its not zeke its the line about 4k of you guys keep saying this, so you cant have it both ways... I dont agree our line is not 2016 and was pieced together but still regarded top 5 no longer 1st.. again you cant have 2 sides to the argument..
You're talking to an ex-Olineman here. I can see the problems with the Oline. Been saying it for years. 56 sacks last year was mostly due to the Oline. On most failed 3rd or 4th and short attempts, IT WAS ON THE OLINE.

Just like on this play during the playoffs at the Rams, late in the game where had Zeke been able to convert this 3rd & 1 for a 1st down, the Cowboys could have kept the drive alive and possibly scored to give themselves a better chance to catch up and win the game.

But nooooo, it's simply much easier to excuse the Oline and just blame it on Dak! :laugh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
People on this board tell me all the time that Dallas has a better Oline than Philly, who’s regularly ranked in the top 5.
DO SOME RESEARCH!!!! Stop listening to the masses in here.

Here is some homework for you lazy posters...

At the end of the 2018 season,

PFF had the Cowboys Oline ranked 12th out of 32 teams. Guess who they had ranked 5th? Yes, you guessed it. Your Eagles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ine-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-15

This website, TheScore, had the Cowboys ranked #3 overall by season's end. That sounds great until you see who they have listed as #1? Your Eagles.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1781088

Football Outsiders ranked each team's Oline separately on run blocking & pass protection. They had the Cowboys ranked 8th overall in run blocking, while the Eagles were ranked 19th. On the contrary, in pass protection, the Eagles were ranked 17th, while the Cowboys were ranked 28th. If you do the math and add up both rankings for each team, then divide that number by 2, the Cowboys end up ranked overall as the 18th ranked Oline in the NFL, tied with the Eagles. Even with the league's best runner in Zeke, the Cowboys Oline was not able to average out better than the Eagles.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

I won't even bother posting NFL.com's end-of-season Oline rankings. They ranked according to QB sacks given up. The Cowboys Oline ranked second-to-last. Very sad.

So, as you can see, everyone had the Cowboys Oline ranked much lower than their preseason #1 rank. Plus, the Eagles' Oline ended up performing and ranking much better than the Cowboys Oline. Don't believe everything you hear.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I can have an opinion on anything that I want but specifically, I can have an opinion on what things effect the product on the field and what you pay players effects that because it's a cap league. Besides, who are you to tell me to live with anything? You aren't following your own advice right now. I live in the U.S.A. I can have an opinion on anything I want. Live With It.

Another thing, I've only ever seen fans boycott once and that was back during the Scab year. Nobody ever tried to boycott the Cowboys a few years ago. Never seen it or heard of it.
Wasn’t talking about the Cowboys I was talking about the NFL. Many Cowboy fans on here said they would boycott too but that went away quickly.

Dak is probably going to get paid so you’ll have to deal with it lol.

Fans should get upset when players far exceed what they’re making as much as when it’s time to pay a player.

Birdgang

Reaction score
You're talking to an ex-Olineman here. I can see the problems with the Oline. Been saying it for years. 56 sacks last year was mostly due to the Oline. On most failed 3rd or 4th and short attempts, IT WAS ON THE OLINE.

Just like on this play during the playoffs at the Rams, late in the game where had Zeke been able to convert this 3rd & 1 for a 1st down, the Cowboys could have kept the drive alive and possibly scored to give themselves a better chance to catch up and win the game.

But nooooo, it's simply much easier to excuse the Oline and just blame it on Dak! :laugh:

Most telling sign about the Oline is the Redzone stats. But They are much better at run block then passing. Dak also does them no favors when he rolls out of pocket so much. I played both FB and TE and it drove us nuts not ever knowing where our QB would be ..... It built a lot of mistrust and animosity by Senior year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Wasn’t talking about the Cowboys I was talking about the NFL. Many Cowboy fans on here said they would boycott too but that went away quickly.

Dak is probably going to get paid so you’ll have to deal with it lol.

Fans should get upset when players far exceed what they’re making as much as when it’s time to pay a player.

I guess "many" is subjective. I never saw any great number of Cowboy Fans saying that but whatever. Dak will get paid and I don't know that anybody is questioning that so I don't see the relevance of introducing that into the conversation but the question, I believe was, is what and how he gets paid. I wonder, if he doesn't get the 34 mil, will it then be you who has to live with it? If so, I hope your still laughing. Paying Dak Prescott 30 mil far exceeds his value IMO. Paying any player that kind of money far exceeds their value IMO. You can just go along to get along because it's easier or thats the way you want to see it or for whatever reason but not me. I know that these contract escalations mean nothing to a lot of people but it does prevent you from making certain moves and it does escalate what fans have to pay to enjoy the experience. It does cost real money for teams to pay those kinds of contracts and that is on the fans cause there is no machine in the sky that is just printing up the dollars to pay the players. It's passed down to the fans. Now, before anybody says, well if you can't afford it, then don't go and all the kind of thing, understand that I can afford it. I can afford to pay that extra money but that doesn't mean that my Sons and Daughters can. That doesn't mean that they can afford to take their kids to games. It doesn't mean that my extended family can or my friends and neighbors can. It doesn't mean that the majority of fans can afford it and that just aint right in my book. I get paying a fair price and I get players deserving more for good work they are doing but this is something else again and you can't piss down my back and tell me it's raining here. It doesn't have to be this way and there is no reason that the team has to allow themselves to be put in this situation. They should be conscious of the fact that this effects the fans, rather then just passing it through and not worrying about it. Dak, to this point is his career is a middle of the pack QB. He is not top 10 or top 5. He deserves to be paid a fair wage for the work he does. He does not deserve to be paid like he is the best at what he does. This business of paying the going rate because of some made up idea that the market demands escalation is BS, plain and simple. It's artificially inflating the market and it's not helping the game. It helps the players and it really doesn't hurt the owners at all because it's passed on to the fans but the game is not for the players. The game is for the fans and it is we who are the ones who have to support this idiotic practice of paying players for a job that is not deserving of the Salaries. If you want to be OK with that, that's fine with me but I will never be OK with that and as far as I am concerned, this whole BS line about fans should not be concerned with what players are making is the only bigger load of crap then the escalating salary model. We absolutely should be concerned and we absolutely have the right so you, my friend, may as well live with that.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

The rams game really wasnt that close. Lol the rams for sure took their foot off the gas. Just saying. The oline was that great last year though I agree.. dall really hasnt had a dominant oline besides maybe 3 years since the 90s

lk8701

Reaction score
Lol yeah you called the top two picks in the draft being good.

You’re a real carnack the great. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Meanwhile how is our backup TE doing, producing at the same level as your man crush Goff?

:lmao2:

LOL. I was high on Goff 1 year before the draft. At the time he was projected as a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick.