Report: Dak's contract prioritized over Micah and CD's

Yobwocs

Reaction score

And here is where Dave Helmann explains why Dak is likely to get paid for before Micah and CD. It's because Micah isn't due for 2 more years. CD can be franchised after this year.

Dak is the one who is due first - and that's why likely he's gonna get paid first. And why reports are that they're working on his deal before the other 2's.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

And here is where Dave Helmann explains why Dak is likely to get paid for before Micah and CD. It's because Micah isn't due for 2 more years. CD can be franchised after this year.

Dak is the one who is due first - and that's why likely he's gonna get paid first. And why reports are that they're working on his deal before the other 2's.

I still think a deal gets done before training camp.

Lawrence was the key contract for the negotiation, it pretty much set what the market rate is considering that there literally is not any statistical categories in which Lawrence is superior to Dak. Be it yards, TD passes, completion percentage, QBR, playoff wins, ect...

If Lawrence is worth $55 million a year then there is literally no debate at all that Dak's value is not at least the same. Nobody, including the Cowboys, can make any argument whatsoever that Lawrence is worth $55 million based on his on the field performance and Dak is not. The stats do not lie, and even if you want to include playoff games, Lawrence has just one career win and he threw 4 picks in that win, so again, no argument can be made that Lawrence is worth $55 but Dak is not and the Cowboys know this as well.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I still think a deal gets done before training camp.

Lawrence was the key contract for the negotiation, it pretty much set what the market rate is considering that there literally is not any statistical categories in which Lawrence is superior to Dak. Be it yards, TD passes, completion percentage, QBR, playoff wins, ect...

If Lawrence is worth $55 million a year then there is literally no debate at all that Dak's value is not at least the same. Nobody, including the Cowboys, can make any argument whatsoever that Lawrence is worth $55 million based on his on the field performance and Dak is not. The stats do not lie, and even if you want to include playoff games, Lawrence has just one career win and he threw 4 picks in that win, so again, no argument can be made that Lawrence is worth $55 but Dak is not and the Cowboys know this as well.
And here's more...

Here are the leading salaries. Which one of these have done anything? 3 out of 12 have done something worth mentioning. Goff, Mahomes, Burrow.

Hurts is arguable but his Super Bowl berth feels team generated. We see him when his team is no good.

When 80% of the highest salaries in the league are for QBs who've done nothing, Dak is gonna get paid right along with the rest.

Whether in Dallas or not is the question but chances are we're gonna wake up one day soon to news of Dak's newly minted contract.

Top 10 Annual Salaries:

Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars - $55 million
Joe Burrow, Bengals - $55 million
Jared Goff, Lions - $53 million
Justin Herbert, Chargers - $52.5 million
Lamar Jackson, Ravens - $52 million
Jalen Hurts, Eagles - $51 million
Kyler Murray, Cardinals - $46.1 million
Deshaun Watson, Browns - $46 million
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs - $45 million
Kirk Cousins, Falcons - $45 million

Highest guarantees:

Deshaun Watson, Browns - $230 million
Joe Burrow, Bengals - $146.51 million
Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars - $142 million
Lamar Jackson, Ravens - $135 million
Justin Herbert, Chargers - $133.74 million
Jared Goff, Lions - $113.61 million
Jalen Hurts, Eagles - $110 million
Kyler Murray, Cardinals - $103.3 million
Josh Allen, Bills - $100 million
Dak Prescott, Cowboys - $95 million

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

b6f572c7-22ec-4888-8a39-83961d8cc3c4_text.gif

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man bro, I do have to give you props for putting your rep out there like this.

If you end up being wrong and the Cowboys do resign Dak, you are going to be laughed at and mocked endlessly.
You Dak lovers are used to being laughed at and mocked as your boy continues to verify his C-Grade Talent level laying eggs against good teams esp in the playoffs.
Don't you worry about me as I will be done supporting this team and have no plans to waste another 3-5 years being here posting the same old Dak fails while you Dak Zombies sell crazy.
I wonder how you feel supporting 1 player over the well-being of the entire team?
GL with that..........weird but GL.

Chasing6

Reaction score

If how they have been treating Dak is a priority, then CD and Micah need to demand a trade.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You Dak lovers are used to being laughed at and mocked as your boy continues to verify his C-Grade Talent level laying eggs against good teams esp in the playoffs.
Don't you worry about me as I will be done supporting this team and have no plans to waste another 3-5 years being here posting the same old Dak fails while you Dak Zombies sell crazy.
I wonder how you feel supporting 1 player over the well-being of the entire team?
Seriously bro, you take this stuff to seriously.........................its just entertainment at the end of the day.

Qcard

Reaction score
Do you promise Dak Haters??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

plymkr

Reaction score
If how they have been treating Dak is a priority, then CD and Micah need to demand a trade.
If this report true and I’m CD, I’m not happy. I don’t know if Micah is at a point to demand a trade because he still has 2 years left on his deal. CD on the other hand would have a reasonable beef with being deprioritized.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Lol yeah ...definitely takes things too seriously.

To have one person on your mind every time you log onto this forum....such is the life of a Dak obsessive lmao.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
This contract talk is getting really old. I am more than ready for this "soap opry" to come to a head, finalized and move on. IMO the issue is mostly with management. Seems to me that that the Joneses are really timid and fearful of making a mistake.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If this report true and I’m CD, I’m not happy. I don’t know if Micah is at a point to demand a trade because he still has 2 years left on his deal. CD on the other hand would have a reasonable beef with being deprioritized.
When a player publicly demands a trade their value has dropped.

History is telling CD he will be tagged next year. GM Jethro is too stupid to learn how to negotiate.

He should offer CD a top 5 average 4 or 5 year deal(security). If not play out your 5th and you will be tagged next year.

Micah has to feel exactly the same way, he should be able to see it a mile away.