Report: Dak's contract prioritized over Micah and CD's

Chasing6

Reaction score

And here is where Dave Helmann explains why Dak is likely to get paid for before Micah and CD. It's because Micah isn't due for 2 more years. CD can be franchised after this year.

Dak is the one who is due first - and that's why likely he's gonna get paid first. And why reports are that they're working on his deal before the other 2's.

Does GM Jethro think that Dak, CD and Micah don't talk to each other?

Is Jethro trying to get CD and Micah pissed off at Dak?

If you are CD and Micah and you find out from Dak, that no serious conversations have even started yet, how are they supposed to feel about that when he is supposed to be the priority?

Dak is the priority is starting to feel like All-in.

If you are an average player and they just let 11 of their own FA's walk last year, how are you supposed to feel?

Is this how you build a unified team ready for a Championship run?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

And here is where Dave Helmann explains why Dak is likely to get paid for before Micah and CD. It's because Micah isn't due for 2 more years. CD can be franchised after this year.

Dak is the one who is due first - and that's why likely he's gonna get paid first. And why reports are that they're working on his deal before the other 2's.

You’re on recording thinking Dak would be signed by March 13th.

No amount of hopium is going to make a deal happen.

He’s gone. Accept it. Save up money for a new teams jersey.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re on recording thinking Dak would be signed by March 13th.

No amount of hopium is going to make a deal happen.

He’s gone. Accept it. Save up money for a new teams jersey.
Yep now they've moved the date to TC and when he is still unsigned it will be before Kick-off.
After Kick-off there will be little to no talk about Daktrash being extended as the results on the field will slam the door shut on any possible Dak extension and his departure will be set in Dak stone.
They're on their last dying Dak breath here and getting more and more desperate as every day goes by.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yep now they've moved the date to TC and when he is still unsigned it will be before Kick-off.
After Kick-off there will be little to no talk about Daktrash being extended as the results on the field will slam the door shut on any possible Dak extension and his departure will be set in Dak stone.
They're on their last dying Dak breath here and getting more and more desperate as every day goes by.
They’re equivalent to your average doomsday prophets.

When their for sure prediction date passes they go back to their studies, find something they missed, and pick a new for sure date.

Rinse and repeat.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’re equivalent to your average doomsday prophets.

When their for sure prediction date passes they go back to their studies, find something they missed, and pick a new for sure date.

Rinse and repeat.
Here's a guy on X who has a daily extend Dak countdown..............hilarious stuff baby!!!!
:muttley:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Parsons is in camp with 2 years left on his rookie deal, along with possible multiple franchise tags. He has zero leverage. Yes, he can hold out in the future, not get paid, and still be under contract to the Cowboys. He doesn’t think he needs the practice anyway as a pass rusher, so his holdout would mean nothing until the real games begin, and if a player holds out for the season, he gains nothing towards free agency.

Dak is under contract for what, 53 million this year? No way he is impacted this season in any way. He gets signed before spring, or he becomes an unrestricted free agent, and the Cowboys get nothing for mishandling a successful starting QB in the NFL. That’s unheard of stupidity that very well may come to be. He is in camp.

Lamb is in the final and most lucrative year of his rookie contract. I believe he is overplaying his hand by holding out. Common sense tells me that Jerry learned his lesson about paying players who are under contract but holding out (Zeke). Lamb’s only leverage is to hurt the team. He holds out, but at some point he has no choice but to come in and play. If he doesn’t, he forfeits money, but remains under contract with Dallas. Then Dallas can also franchise him. If he comes in at the last minute later in the season to have this year count, his play and rep will suffer; his value decreases unless he can come in and play huge mid year after sitting out; and Dallas can still franchise him.

Personlly, I believe Dak is a top 10-12 QB and that those who rate him lower are just emotional. That said, I don’t think he is worth 55 million or more, but that’s not a point that actually matters. Dak has to either be the priority signing, or Jerry has to question signing Lamb or Parsons anytime soon. Even those who blame Dak for every postseason failure by the team can see that finding a better or even similarly effective QB is not easy. Getting no value for Dak because he cannot be traded severely hampers any fast fix at QB. So why pay Lamb top WR money before you have your QB. It is actually very likely that by the time we have a new franchise QB, Lamb and Parsons would already be approaching their third contracts.

Parsons is a great player, but how large is his impact on wins and loses?
Lamb is a great WR reaching his peak and still improving, but what impact will he have on wins and losses over the next few years while we look for another franchise QB?

I like all three guys and am a fan of Dak Prescott, but at this point, I think I’d look at RBs and DTs who become available as final rosters are formed, and I don’t sign any of the three. Play out 2024 with the best team I can put on the field. My first decision for 2025 is do I resign Dak or not. If I decide I cannot do it, and I let him walk, then I resign Parsons assuming he has a great 2024. I franchise Lamb and trade him because paying him 30 million without a QB makes no sense, and maybe I can use what I get for Lamb to try and get a QB.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have no shot even after he's gone so does it really matter?
Do not worry ...... it wont be much longer

17113372504615.jpg

EGTuna

Reaction score
I have no clue what Jerry will do, however when it comes. to human behavior, the past behavior is the best predictor for suture behavior. So by that corollary, Jerry will wait to the last possible moment to sign these guys to deals slightly above market value.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol yeah ...definitely takes things too seriously.

To have one person on your mind every time you log onto this forum....such is the life of a Dak obsessive lmao.
The Dak detractors have placed their entire existence and stance on his career over in Dallas. If that doesn’t happen then they have lost all credibility in this forum.

For the rest of us regardless how we are leaning are waiting to see how it plays out. But we won’t end following our favorite team. If that’s all it took is losing hope we would have left years ago with our owners foolishness.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not as bad as the Cowboys will be mocked and laughed at when it proves to be another epic Jerry fail.
Sadly
We’ve been laughed at with Jethro this era. Another decision isn’t going to move that needle much either way.

starfan1

Reaction score
The Dak detractors have placed their entire existence and stance on his career over in Dallas. If that doesn’t happen then they have lost all credibility in this forum.

For the rest of us regardless how we are leaning are waiting to see how it plays out. But we won’t end following our favorite team. If that’s all it took is losing hope we would have left years ago with our owners foolishness.
Greg they have already lost most of their credibility

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ESPN Jeremy Fowler's sources will either be eventually be judged as legit or as phantoms of supposed gossip. I hope I can recall this latest, based-on-super-secret-sources report when the actual final news about Prescott's future is announced.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Man bro, I do have to give you props for putting your rep out there like this.

If you end up being wrong and the Cowboys do resign Dak, you are going to be laughed at and mocked endlessly.
By fan boys who are fine with winning nothing more than regular season games and choking in the playoffs … you think @PAPPYDOG cares about those people?

Brax

Reaction score

You are correct no one knows but the reality is JJ is resigning Dak unfortunately and all that means is more seasons of failure but on the bright side watching Jerry cry and have meltdowns as Dak chokes yet again is priceless, heck what would there be to discuss if Dak is gone. What’s another 5 seasons of failures in the big picture.

John813

Reaction score
I know Ed Werner is gone from ESPN and he was one of our "main" reporters along with Archer.
How connected is Fowler to the Dallas area?

Not that I have strong feelings one way or another, but would put more stock into that if it was from Archer or even Jane.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are correct no one knows but the reality is JJ is resigning Dak unfortunately and all that means is more seasons of failure but on the bright side watching Jerry cry and have meltdowns as Dak chokes yet again is priceless, heck what would there be to discuss if Dak is gone. What’s another 5 seasons of failures in the big picture.
Hilarious if you think JJ has a plan to replace Dak for future glory days.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d agree with some as in the bigger scope of things our frustration didn’t begin with Dak and most likely won’t end with him. My hope was put on hold at least couple decades ago.

And while it continues today to be very frustrating there is some salvation from watching Jethro’s frustrations and ridicule as well.