Twitter: Report: Dallas hasn't ruled out interest in Richard Sherman

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Yeah, right...he's a couple years away from our tier of bargain shopping.

Flamma

Reaction score
I believe that he was hurt for most of 2020. Would be a good pickup for a transition year or two since we know that the Joneses are not going to seek out expensive, young talent to man the spot. The issue is how much Sherman would want. Our recent history shows that we'd be willing to go up to $7 million or $8 million at most.

Agreed. But if Dallas signs Dak they're going to have to start restructuring contracts to fit him under the cap. There won't be room for another 7 or 8 million. Dallas is 17 mil under the cap if it's 175M. Hopefully it's closer to 190 million.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If the Cowboys need to hire someone like Sherman to be a coach, then the coaches that have been hired likely aren't capable. Richard Sherman should either be hired for his ability to perform or not at all, imho.

ondaedg

Reaction score
He would be an improvement over Awuzie and maybe just maybe could help Diggs become a top 10 cb.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Take it FWIW, but Sherman graded better than all of our cornerbacks in 2020 by a wide margin per PFF.

I like the idea of letting a guy like Awuzie walk and signing Sherman. We need a dog and leader in the secondary that can help transition our young secondary into Quinn and Whitt’s scheme.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is literally the Cowboycomplainzone. Every breaking post is nothing but negative responses dang!

You'd think there was no room the DB room with the responses here! Guys, we were TRASH last year. We shouldn't rule out signing anybody!

Gaede

Reaction score
Take it FWIW, but Sherman graded better than all of our cornerbacks in 2020 by a wide margin per PFF.

I like the idea of letting a guy like Awuzie walk and signing Sherman. We need a dog and leader in the secondary that can help transition our young secondary into Quinn and Whitt’s scheme.

Really can't underestimate the positive effect it would have on our young guys like Diggs and Wilson to have a real leader--a vocal one, for once--on the team.

Creeper

Reaction score
So Jerry learned nothing from his FA failures in 2020? He is considering signing the CB equivalent of Dontari Poe?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agreed. But if Dallas signs Dak they're going to have to start restructuring contracts to fit him under the cap. There won't be room for another 7 or 8 million. Dallas is 17 mil under the cap if it's 175M. Hopefully it's closer to 190 million.

Yes, if the cap is lowered, then first of all, Dak's first-year cap hit on his new contract will need to be kept lower. For instance, Mahomes' first year of his new deal was a little over $5 million, but it was a restructure. Dallas needs to keep Prescott in the $10 million range for his first year.

Second, some restructuring would be needed. I know some don't like that, but it's the way of doing business under the cap. Restructures are built into most contracts, so we just have to use them if necessary.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes, if the cap is lowered, then first of all, Dak's first-year cap hit on his new contract will need to be kept lower. For instance, Mahomes' first year of his new deal was a little over $5 million, but it was a restructure. Dallas needs to keep Prescott in the $10 million range for his first year.

Second, some restructuring would be needed. I know some don't like that, but it's the way of doing business under the cap. Restructures are built into most contracts, so we just have to use them if necessary.

Patrick's cap hit was low because that wasn't the first year of his new contract. It was the 4th year of his rookie contract. A contract extension does not replace the rookie deal. You still have to play that out. Next year will be his 5th year option year. His new contract starts in 2022. And the first year isn't that low.

It's going to be harder for Dallas because Dak doesn't have any rookie years left. No low paid rookie years to allocate signing bonus money.

Shane612

Reaction score
Don't tell me....
Jerry thinks Sherman is still just as explosive as Deion Sanders.
:muttley::facepalm::muttley:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys - where old players come for that last big paycheck before they retire.

Sigh.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I would be fine with the signing. Especially if he wants to transition to S.

I realize he is past his prime— but he would be able to help our young secondary get the right mindset and learn Quinn’s system

Loso86

Reaction score
You'd think there was no room the DB room with the responses here! Guys, we were TRASH last year. We shouldn't rule out signing anybody!
Thank you man. Some guy said inwas wrong on all counts about Sherman that he isnt smart, better than what we have and knows the system. He hasn't responded lol