Twitter: Report: Dallas hasn't ruled out interest in Richard Sherman

The Natural

Reaction score
He knows Quinn’s scheme, is a highly intelligent player, and has actually been worth a damn in this league. I’d take him on a one year deal to be a veteran presence and help bring along some of the younger guys. He probably wouldn’t want to play in Dallas however.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Richard Sherman would help Trevon Diggs a ton with the mental part of the game. As far as, Sherman's role on the team I could see him as the Outside CB3/Dime CB...shutting down WR-like-TEs like Bryon Jones used too.
What it could look like:
CB1-Diggs
CB2-Farley/ Horn/ Melinfonwu/Surtain
Slot-Brown
CB3-Sherman/Canaday
CB4-Robinson/Robinson/Burton

IMO Sherman could be a great addition for a "specific" role, but honestly I don't see the Cowboys paying age like that especially at CB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Richard Sherman would help Trevon Diggs a ton with the mental part of the game. As far as, Sherman's role on the team I could see him as the Outside CB3/Dime CB...shutting down WR-like-TEs like Bryon Jones used too.
What it could look like:
CB1-Diggs
CB2-Farley/ Horn/ Melinfonwu/Surtain
Slot-Brown
CB3-Sherman/Canaday
CB4-Robinson/Robinson/Burton

IMO Sherman could be a great addition for a "specific" role, but honestly I don't see the Cowboys paying age like that especially at CB.
If Diggs needs help with the "mental part" of the game then a coach can help him. Sherman is a distraction and a progress stopper.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If Diggs needs help with the "mental part" of the game then a coach can help him. Sherman is a distraction and a progress stopper.
Mental part- is film work/mentality/edge. Hard for a coach to teach a pup how to be a dawg, but Big dawg like Sherman can...and he knows Quinn's defense better than Whitt.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mental part- is film work/mentality/edge. Hard for a coach to teach a pup how to be a dawg, but Big dawg like Sherman can...and he knows Quinn's defense better than Whitt.
First, Sherm is an old dawg, not a big dawg any longer. He may be a good coach but we already have that, so why not just let the coach do his job and avoid the distraction that Sherm IS.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
That's what the Cowboys need, bring in a soon to be 33 year old CB coming off a calf injury. Yes, what could possibly go wrong? And it doesn't sound like he would come in cheap. Nothing to see here.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I guess there are just too many variables here to consider this a bad idea or not. Obviously if he wants too much it's not really a great move. If he is, however, willing to come on a friendly deal and maybe even take a lesser role, I think it couldn't hurt. I don't have to tell you that the guy was a fantastic corner, so, to have him in Dallas to help the young players could be good. Plus, even on the backside of his career, he's probably better than anything we've had lately. It really hinges on what the expectations of both sides are.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That’s called a question...
If it was a one or 2 time thing then yes, absolutely that would be considered a question. But give us a break Catch17, everyone here knows your history and it’s always negative. So please don’t insult our intelligence.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If it was a one or 2 time thing then yes, absolutely that would be considered a question. But give us a break Catch17, everyone here knows your history and it’s always negative. So please don’t insult our intelligence.

Do you think people that sign these guys don’t ask that very question I asked?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do you think people that sign these guys don’t ask that very question I asked?
No doubt, but that’s not the point that you’re obviously trying to avoid. You. ALWAYS take the negative side of ANYTHING the Cowboys do. ALWAYS. That’s the point and you know it and everyone else here knows it. Just wait until your next post and it will be proof. Who the heck are you trying to kid? Yourself, obviously. Sad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No doubt, but that’s not the point that you’re obviously trying to avoid. You. ALWAYS take the negative side of ANYTHING the Cowboys do. ALWAYS. That’s the point and you know it and everyone else here knows it. Just wait until your next post and it will be proof. Who the heck are you trying to kid? Yourself, obviously. Sad.

Cry about it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Because we wait until they are senior citizens and get a massive discount lol
this is how jerry will "fix" our defense lol , old guys with big names, that are cheap enough.

now as a coach or even player coach, just play in certain situations, he might be a good hire.
this is why we refer to dallas as a circus, or maybe better a wild west show.
That is what they did was hire big names, they could be old and a drunk, and they would
dress them up and make them look good, and put them out there, and let them shoot at some indians lol. Put on a show!
Last year it was Poe and couple others on DL, and it looked good on paper, but we all know how that worked out.
Jerry puts on shows, that is what he does.

Last edited: