Report: Dallas PD likely suspending assault case involving Ezekiel Elliott

Reaction score

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Wouldn't the alledged video showing someone else punching the victim clear up Zekes role? And maybe Zeke should not allow that guy to be in his entourage anymore because stupid stuff like this can cost him 10s of millions.

Nothing more uncool than a broke 30 year old who still thinks he's a popular teenager. Get smarter 21

funkytown

Reaction score
Very interesting, but not surprising once you dig into the people involved.

Don't underestimate David Wells' involvement in this.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hey man, if this gets Zeke off with a slap on the wrist, I'm good with it. Eat, Zeke!!!

With that said, the NFL will obviously conduct their own investigation because Cowboys.

#FreeZekeElliot

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
hmm.....well this is interesting.......

Rebecca Lopez of WFAA reports that the investigation will likely be suspendedbecause the police have not been able to find the alleged victim in the case. Per Lopez, the victim gave officers an old address and an incorrect phone number at the time. Other witnesses are reportedly also not cooperating with law enforcement attempts to look into the case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nding-assault-case-involving-ezekiel-elliott/
Interesting. Normally, I am not prone to premature speculation. In this case, though, I just can't wondering whether someone in the Zeke camp influenced this chain of events? I truly hope that is not the case. More than likely, the alleged victim had his own reasons for avoiding the police... that's my happy thought

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
hmm.....well this is interesting.......

Rebecca Lopez of WFAA reports that the investigation will likely be suspendedbecause the police have not been able to find the alleged victim in the case. Per Lopez, the victim gave officers an old address and an incorrect phone number at the time. Other witnesses are reportedly also not cooperating with law enforcement attempts to look into the case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nding-assault-case-involving-ezekiel-elliott/

so apparently it was Zeke then who threw the punch.....

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
4 games for sure, appeal knocks it down to the original 2 games it was going to be. Stupid behavior Zeke, stupid...

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
They better not ask me....the guy that got punched is a my fraternity bro ...a couple classes after me evidently but our fraternity site is talking bout it lol

dogberry

Reaction score
Since this is a criminal case I wouldn't talk to the police or to the NFL.

I would like to know how the NFL could compel someone to talk or write about criminal cases?

Do CBAs have the power to compel employees to waive their 5th rights?

Reaction score
Still think there should be some liability for anyone reporting he was involved. This has done measurable damage to his name, and for all we know he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would like to believe Zeke did not do this, but it is clear to me that he did.

1. He fled the scene of the crime in an instant (before the victim even got off the floor, as per the video). Why run away if you didn't do anything? Just stay and tell the police you had nothing to do with it. 2. The fact that the victim gave an old address and wrong phone number, and no other witnesses are coming forward, reeks of a payoff (or worse, intimidation). 3. The lone "witness" who has come forward (the bouncer from Witchita) tells an incredible story. An unknown person behind Zeke threw a punch over Zeke's shoulder that was so accurate and forceful that it shattered the victim's nose?

I hate to tell you, Goodell and his goons are not believing any of this. And Zeke will get his punishment for this too, IMO.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
it's pretty simple, when victim can't be found, witnesses not cooperating........
That isn't "simple", that's you speculating, mon frere. Even with evidence out there pointing in the direction he had some sort of roll, let's wait for all the facts to emerge, mmkay.

And from the excerpt @sunbum posted in his OP, it sounds like there is a chance few facts will emerge. Good.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Since this is a criminal case I wouldn't talk to the police or to the NFL.

I would like to know how the NFL could compel someone to talk or write about criminal cases?

Do CBAs have the power to compel employees to waive their 5th rights?

Brady tried that, He was suppose to turn his phone over and destroyed it the day before his testimony.... If you want to play in the NFL or with any business , you abide by their rules or agreements agreed upon and the NFL doesn't need a court verdict to suspend a player, neither does a business who decides to suspend or fire you for conduct...