Twitter: Report - DLaw declined a pay cut

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think I mentioned it already. I’m drafting the position. In a draft deep at it.

I HAVE to have pass rusher. I don’t have to have another DT or OT if I don’t have enough picks.

Good luck with that. Dallas drafts edge almost every year. Since Lawrence you got Gadner, Russell, Tapper, Taco, Armstrong, Jackson, Jelks, Anae, & Golston.

I guess we're due for a hit, though.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If he really likes Dallas and wants to keep his family here, maybe his agent needs to talk some sense into him. I guess even if he’s not going to make that type of money anymore, he still makes a lot more with a new team’s guaranteed contract and signing bonus? I will be nervous if we don’t bring back Gregory and Tank, I know both have their issues, one is more physical, one is more mental, but at least one of them needs to come back. As good as he is, Micah can’t do it all.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Did Jerry and his idiot boy actually think Dlaw was going to take a pay cut:huh:

This is the same dude that postponed shoulder surgery until he got a new contract, this is also the same dude that when asked in the presser after he signed his new deal if his contract would hinder the Cowboys in building the roster and he said "not my problem".

I wish I could have been there when Dlaw spit coffee all over Jerry's office from laughing so hard when they asked him to take a paycut to help the team out. That would have been epic:thumbup:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
This is such a dumb sentiment and it amazes me ppl still think this way. Not a single one of us would volunteer money off our salaries to 'help the team', especially if we worked in an industry where our livelihood is constantly threatened by career ending injuries and the drunken whims of billionaire owners.

It's not Lawrence's fault he's overpaid, and its not his responsibility to remedy the error. It's the idiot who signs the check who's to blame and deserves your vitriol
There's a lot of players who have taken less to be on SB teams. EN's rosters have been loaded with players who have took less for the RING! Do you're homework "HOMIE".

Hadenough

Reaction score
He's gone.

And our pass rush is gonna suck next year, even with Parsons sometimes playing DE.
The way this organization works is they find one great defender and think he can carry the defense and it doesn't take long for the guy to either get hurt or worn out. Dallas will ruin Micah.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Ahhh sacks the defensive equivalent of the people who act like wins are a QB stat. Truly there is no worse stat in the NFL to measure the success of a pass rusher than sacks. It always makes me chuckle the actual top brass in the NFL realize this but yet still let fans talk about sacks like they are the determining factor of the skills of a pass rusher when they have much better means to test that. There is a relationship between sacks and overall pass rushing skill but it is a 1:1 relationship and it has a great many variables that can cause bad pass rushers to have high sack totals and good ones to have low ones.
Ahh when fans act like sacks are just luck. Year after year fans say DLaw is a good pass rusher but just unlucky, yet season after season, guys like TJ watt, jj watt in his prime, Dware in his prime, Von Miller, Chandler Jones, Aaron Donald,or anybody that can actually you know rush the QB consistently gets double digit sack. But only in Dallas will our fans defend our starting DEs with a combined 9.5 sacks, :laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good luck with that. Dallas drafts edge almost every year. Since Lawrence you got Gadner, Russell, Tapper, Taco, Armstrong, Jackson, Jelks, Anae, & Golston.

I guess we're due for a hit, though.

Of those, only Taco was a significant draft pick. And we all know that they could have had the guy that led the league in sacks this year. And we know who talked them out of it. Thankfully he’s gone.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
This is a "pay me or trade me" demand by the player. A trade would likely be the best outcome for both sides. The Cowboys save some $$$ and probably get some value in draft pick(s). DLaw gets paid and may even end up on a team that has the ability to make a deep run in the playoffs.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Grub grub boy has always been about his grubby little money. He has been killing this team for years. Let someone else give him a pile of guaranteed money so he can go back to doing what he does best. Packing it in after getting paid.

kevm3

Reaction score
Honestly, good for Lawrence. Take a pay cut for what? It's not like the FO is actually committed to building a winning team and would actually do anything with the money. The only reason to play in Dallas is for the glitz, glamour and dollars. We thought Ware was washed up and not worth extending until he went to Denver and won a Superbowl.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Ahh when fans act like sacks are just luck. Year after year fans say DLaw is a good pass rusher but just unlucky, yet season after season, guys like TJ watt, jj watt in his prime, Dware in his prime, Von Miller, Chandler Jones, Aaron Donald,or anybody that can actually you know rush the QB consistently gets double digit sack. But only in Dallas will our fans defend our starting DEs with a combined 9.5 sacks, :laugh:

I bet he goes double digits on his next team. Watch it happen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is a "pay me or trade me" demand by the player. A trade would likely be the best outcome for both sides. The Cowboys save some $$$ and probably get some value in draft pick(s). DLaw gets paid and may even end up on a team that has the ability to make a deep run in the playoffs.
who would trade for an injury prone DE with 3 sacks and 27M salary? wait until he is cut and sign him for 1/3 of that price

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I bet he goes double digits on his next team. Watch it happen.
we always worry about what players do when they leave cowboys and there is that 1 out of 10 that does something for a couple of years, and forget about the other 9 that didn't do anything. Walsh and Bilicheck have a theory, let a guy walk a year too early than a year too late. time to move on from Lawrence and lets not worry what he does somewhere else, worry about what he didn't do here

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
we always worry about what players do when they leave cowboys and there is that 1 out of 10 that does something for a couple of years, and forget about the other 9 that didn't do anything. Walsh and Bilicheck have a theory, let a guy walk a year too early than a year too late. time to move on from Lawrence and lets not worry what he does somewhere else, worry about what he didn't do here

We'll if he didn't do it here and does somewhere else you have a bigger problem than the player.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We'll if he didn't do it here and does somewhere else you have a bigger problem than the player.
there is always dallas problems. as long as Jerry and Son running the show, there is chaos. Dallas is where players come to get paid and go somewhere else.Dallas is a brand that everyone wants, just for money